Dish dispute with Sinclair...reached deal in principle

Free OTA modules for everybody!!!! :D

I know this may have been said in jest but I am totally on board with this. OTA for hoppers should have been out by now. This
Sinclair dispute may help speed up the process. I could see Dish sending these out for free for the markets that are affected
if there is a long blackout.

I would bet that Dish already has a contingency plan already set up. I don't care about MyTv but I do care abou the possible loss of ABC. I'm still sticking with Dish.

stvlg1 said:
Free OTA modules for everybody!!!! :D

I know this may have been said in jest but I am totally on board with this. OTA for hoppers should have been out by now. This
Sinclair dispute may help speed up the process. I could see Dish sending these out for free for the markets that are affected
if there is a long blackout.

Not sure how sending out OTA modules will help the software isn't ready for them to be used. Once it's released, it's possible they'll give them out for free or discounted to affected subs. However, I don't see this as having the potential to speed up the process. It'll be released when it's "ready" and hopefully there won't be any show stopping bugs.

heres the big question
will the ota add a tuner like the vip series
or replace one like directv?

for hopper who knows...
for non K model 622 722 they have just one extra ota feed with k that require module 222,622,722 add 2 ota feeds and one can use all 4 "tv" feeds at once

Man I hate Sinclair. That company is such a pain. For anyone that says they are sick of Dish having these problems don't forget that pretty much every provider has had a dispute with Sinclair. It's not just Dish, it just feels like it's always Dish.

Man I hate Sinclair. That company is such a pain. For anyone that says they are sick of Dish having these problems don't forget that pretty much every provider has had a dispute with Sinclair. It's not just Dish, it just feels like it's always Dish.

no it is dish

Look at Sinclair's histroy. I already know Dish's history so I know that they have plenty of disputes but Sinclair is not a friendly company.

Look at Sinclair's histroy. I already know Dish's history so I know that they have plenty of disputes but Sinclair is not a friendly company.
its just the dishpute of the month.

in sept there will be another one, then october, ect ect

Three Nashville stations(WNAB,WZTV,WUXP) are Sinclair owned and I think there is one in Chattanooga,WTVC that is owned by Sinclair as well. Bummer for Dish subs

How do they get away with three stations in one larket? another Cunningham style corporation?

Here is the slate that Dish put up this morning:

dishSlate.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)