Dish dispute with Sinclair...reached deal in principle

Looks like WWMT (CBS, Kalamazoo, MI) might go out tomorrow.

If it goes out, will the guide still show the channel info through the OTA on our 722k?

i believe the statement about small market is not true. In the chico/redding market, both the cbs and nbc stations are owned by the same company, they even use the same news department and i would think we are considered a small market

after reviewing wikipedia looks like knvn is only manage by the same company as khsl but they have different owners

yup. Same as in Duluth, MN (where I use to live) its the same way
NBC is run by Granite Broadcasting
CBS is run by a new company called Malara Broadcasting

The ink wasnt even dry on the purchase agreement and Malara said to Granite "here's the keys have fun" and left. They did the same thing in Ft Wayne Indiana

I wonder if the ceo of dish would come on and say the same thing as direct tv guy did. I swear that wasn't his office though way too small LOL

kenny9966 said:
I no longer see the Dish Slate channel discussing Sinclair. I think they made a deal. Really weird to have a 2am cut off though.

Still have the slate in West Michigan, but also still have the Sinclair Channel as of 2:02 am.

Update: went off at 2:05 am with a slate saying "sorry for the interruption of service. There is no need to call us.

We are aware that this station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible."

Last edited:
My Sinclair Station is Gone(and now it's back)

Well at 2:05 am EDT my Sinclare station, which is WTVC channel 9 out of Chattanooga, TN went dark. They have a message on the screen to the effect of, they will have this channel back as soon as possible.

And it is back at 2:17....well that didn't take long....What was the point of even pulling it...:rolleyes:

Yeah I find that interesting to, sounds fishy somewhere cause mine did the same thing, went off at 2:05 and was back at 2:17.

Gets more interesting...I went to my local channel 9 website and a few minutes ago they posted a thing saying an agreement could not be made. However it sure is still, back on and working. Maybe it was an automated thing cause they have been posting it all evening over and over...Hmmm

They just replaced the ABC affiliate out of Clarksburg, WV with WCHS last month. I guess no more Ring of Honor wrestling for me in the near future. Also it kind of nixes the possibility of HD locals and PTAT when CBS and FOX launch in HD in Sept. in the Parkersburg, WV DMA. I was so hoping that would happen but I guess I'll have to use Hulu+ for another year.

WCHS is still on even though they have it posted as of 6pm EST of August 15th no deal was reached.

Last edited:
Our local station's site says no deal was reached, but they will update in the morning. Someone may have caved or they came to a negotiated agreement and they just haven't updated. It is still back on as of this post.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts