DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Call & got the Roku box. Took less then 10 min...(only if I knew that before waiting 1 hour in the chat). They didnt offer my $10/12 though...they only gave my $5/3 month. I cant complain though....since I got the 1/2 price for 6 month HBO & Starz jsut couple of months ago (& had free HBO/Showtime for 3 month). So all in all its good.

Just hoping some WeTV programs can also be found on Roku along with The Killing (when it comes back) / HoH episodes

Well just read that Charlie was paying .26 monthly per subscriber to AMC and they wanted .75 monthly per subscriber. He cares so much for his subscribers lol that he dropped AMC, but last month my bill went up $1.25 since they raised the cost of protection. Did you know looked up dish management and they have FOUR pages of managers. Been with dish since 1999 when dish was a decent up and coming company, but now Charlie the greedy has turned it around. Will be looking at either DirectTv, Prism or cable. For $180 per month I feel I could do better. Charlie can rot, I did enjoy AMC and for them giving me Hdnet, big deal had that before. I guess AMC refused to give greedy lowlife Charlie any money under the table for himself as he could care less about the subscribers.

Please keep in mind that it was not just AMC....but 3 other channels...WeTV, IFC & another channel I dont recall. I will miss AMC & believe me...my wife watch quite a lot of WeTV. But I am on Charlie side here. Every channel are just asking my more & more. Someone needs to draw the line. Dish & Charlie gets a lot of heat for this....but IMO...he is doing everyone a favour. I dont want my bill to be +10 next year for the same thing. I am not happy to lose those channels...but its not the end of TV for me. I will find another programs eventually & so will my wife (thank god OWN is there)

i waited for about 5 minutes for the first CSR and she could only give me a $3 credit and i was like reallly? 15+ year sub and you offer me a one time $3 credit? I was fuming!!! She transferred me to another CSR that took about 30 minutes and they offered me the $10 off for 6 months. I was so tired of waiting and peeved that the fact they even offered the $3 credit i took my $60 winnings and said thanks. Im more upset over IFC because its such a niche channel.

Number 84 in the online queue. The first guy said Dish isn't giving anyone Rokus or supporting them. I told him that that was interesting considering hundreds of people online and on numerous websites are saying something to the contrary. I told him I was going to link him to a couple of them; next thing I know, I was transferred to the LOOONG queue.

gpollock87 said:
i got the email about 10 minutes after i got off the phone.

I will start to worry if I do not get the confirmation by tomorrow afternoon. Still trying to figure out if everyone else was transfered a second time to a confirmation person.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I did an online chat that seemed like forever. First rep offered me 3 credits of $5/m. Then I asked about the offers mentioned in the dish email, was transferred to loyalty. Loyalty offered one $30 credit and a roku. Works for me, pays me back the iTunes season pass I bought the other day and a free roku. Just wish they were giving an Apple TV, but the PC I have connected to my main tv will work just fine. Might gives brother the roku for an early birthday gift.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Roll i was honest and told them i was upset that they removed IFC since it is a very niche channel. I have had the AEP for over 8 years and a sub for 15. I asked them if my bill was going to go down since they didnt give me anything new. they offered me a one time $3 credit and i about flipped out and cancelled right there. She transferred me (30 minutes later) they immediately offer the $10 for 6 months.

RollTide1017 said:
So are you guys playing dumb and just acting upset over AMC or straight up asking for the roku?

I just started with where did AMC go and then ask about the email that mentioned offers to view that programming on Xbox, PS3, appletv, or roku. Worked for me, YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

RollTide1017 said:
So are you guys playing dumb and just acting upset over AMC or straight up asking for the roku?

Genuinely upset and appreciative of dish's generosity. I will be using my roku for the walking dead, breaking bad, and portlandia. Those that are now just trying to get something to get over on dish are the reason offers like this are few and far between. Just my opinion.

Im with some of the other members on the board that this was pre-planned and i dont see much hope for getting AMC or IFC back on Dish. I think Charlie is done dealing with them and just wants the voom lawsuit to be over with as well. Whether it was dish "destroying evidence" or AMC we will never know. Maybe he thinks he'll get a more appropriate rate after the trial i dunno or there was something in the AMC extension that Charlie just did not like at all we will never know.

I told them that it would cost about $145 to stream in HD all episodes of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels and that I don't have any of those devices. They first offered a $5 credit for three months. I said he could do better, so he offered $5 for six months. I said that others were getting free Rokus and much better credits, such as $10 for 12. He said he wasn't authorized to offer a Roku. I told him I'll bet someone is, and he immediately transferred me to the long queue.I started out number 83 with a 54 minute wait (about 40 minutes ago); I am currently number 43 with a 03:50 wait.

kenny9966 said:
Im with some of the other members on the board that this was pre-planned and i dont see much hope for getting AMC or IFC back on Dish. I think Charlie is done dealing with them and just wants the voom lawsuit to be over with as well. Whether it was dish "destroying evidence" or AMC we will never know. Maybe he thinks he'll get a more appropriate rate after the trial i dunno or there was something in the AMC extension that Charlie just did not like at all we will never know.

I agree. They had the roku boxes stocked and ready to ship. Definitely planned and perhaps still more we don't know about. The one loyalty rep I spoke with was confident that these channels were not coming back. Only time will tell.

I will start to worry if I do not get the confirmation by tomorrow afternoon. Still trying to figure out if everyone else was transfered a second time to a confirmation person.

I was offered $10 off for 12 months and the Roku. Like you I did not get the confirmation email others have been getting, so i called again. The rep checked and it's all noted on my account so all is good. she did say they had a power outage somewhere which could have effected the confirmation being sent, but she assured me everything was setup correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)