DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I have yet to receive any confirmation email of any sort. Until I do, it's all smoke and mirrors to me, and not worth the paper the verbal agreement is written on.

I felt the same way so about an hour or so ago I called and spoke to 2 people trying to confirm that I had a roku on the way and they could not find it. apparently only supervisors have access to see if it is ordered, but even they do not have any way to track it. That is what the second person today told me (loyalty agent), before transferring me to his supervisor who did say it was ordered. I find it very strange that nobody can see the orders, but if they are actually being ordered and sent from Roku I can understand a communication issue between the two companies and systems they use.

Seems to be the big question if there is more to this roku/dish thing?

Dish,Lte,Roku,dish world?

I see a lot of coincidences.Wasn't the head man of Hulu with Charlie at team summit?Mark Cuban was and guess what,both hdnet/axs and Hdnet movies are in the main packages now.Could be nothing but I think something is brewing between them.

I just got off chat. After being transferred from normal to "loyalty" the first question was "Do you have wireless internet?" Since I do not, I can only guess that they were going to offer me the Roku (I can access that stuff through my blu-ray player, though I have never done so). Instead I got $10 credit for 12 months and 3 months free Playboy Channel. :)

Dish,Lte,Roku,dish world?

I see a lot of coincidences.Wasn't the head man of Hulu with Charlie at team summit?Mark Cuban was and guess what,both hdnet/axs and Hdnet movies are in the main packages now.Could be nothing but I think something is brewing between them.

I heard they have a weekly poker game. :p

Before anyone takes that seriously, just a joke.

rocko said:
After waiting for nearly an hr on chat I was able to get a free Roku-$10 off a month for a year and Cinemax for a penny a month for a year. Works for me!

First I heard of cinemax for a penny for a month for a year...plus someone said they had got all 4 premiums free...will try to call later to see what dish will offer

Here we go again the Big It corporations playing games with the poor old lower class customers. Taking away AMC with some decent programs - Walking Dead,Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels. Adding some Movie Channels with old movies that some people never watched when they were new. I assume some people with be switching from Dish to Direct and I will if this is not settled before the Breaking Bad premier on July I think the 17th.

Couldn't get the free Roku, but got $10/mo for 12 months, 6 free movie passes, and 3 months of free Blockbuster. I really didn't think I needed the Roku since I have a 2012 smart Panasonic Plasma that's already connected to the internet. She said I didn't qualify for the free Roku, probably because I'm still under contract.

I'm sure most CSR's are more subtle than others, but they seemed to be screening me. This is just a theory, but I suspect they have an algorithm to follow that is similar to this:

1. Do you have broadband internet? (If you answer, "no", you are disqualified because a Roku won't help you. If you say, "yes", move on to the next question.)
  2. Do you have a wireless network? (If you answer, "no", you are disqualified because the Roku model they're offering does not have an ethernet port and is wireless only. If you say, "yes", move on to next question.)
  3. Do you have a gaming console such has a PS3 or XBox 360? (If you say, "yes", you are disqualified because you already have access to apps that can accomplish what the Roku can do with regard to your missed programming. You may still qualify for credits, however, to defray the cost of purchasing these episodes. If you say, "no" to owning a gaming console, then you very likely qualify for the Roku.)

Additionally, if you have a savvy CSR to whom you've inadvertently revealed you have a smart TV or Blu-ray player with said apps, you may also be disqualified.

Furthermore, I was specifically asked what programs I would miss on AMC. If I'd named only 1, I'll bet my credit would have been less. But since I fired off "Walking Dead", "Breaking Bad", and "The Killing", I believe that made a difference in my credit.

This is all supposition, mind you.

Bottom line is that one should be kind and courteous if not honest when asking for these considerations from DISH.

I would like to express my gratitude to the SatelliteGuys community. I would not have even thought to approach Dish for a discount in the wake of the AMC disaster, but now I'm getting $10/mo of my bill and a free Roku. That is pretty amazing. Either one would have been good, but both makes me a happy customer. I had been shopping around, but I suppose I'll stay put for now. So I guess their strategy is working after all!

Thanks again to everyone who has shared their experiences through this ordeal.

Same here!!!

For those concerned about being told verbally they would receive credits, yet received no email confirmation or Roku setup guide or reflection of credits on their bill: I was told verbally over the phone I was being shipped a Roku and would receive credits. I received no email and "My Billing" on dishnetwork.com does not yet reflect a credit. I therefore just chatted and the CSR confirmed that the Roku was shipped yesterday and that I should be receiving it within 3-5 business days. I was also told the credit has been applied, but that the website may not reflect it for a couple days. I simply saved the chat transcript, and I'm confident the rep was being straight with me.

Here we go again the Big It corporations playing games with the poor old lower class customers. Taking away AMC with some decent programs - Walking Dead,Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels. Adding some Movie Channels with old movies that some people never watched when they were new. I assume some people with be switching from Dish to Direct and I will if this is not settled before the Breaking Bad premier on July I think the 17th.

I have a feeling AMC won't be back for a while, if it is brought back

Just to let u know did a chat i got the free roku xd plus blockbuster half price 6 months plus a $5 credit per month for a yr no extension of contract plus 2ppv coupons cinemax 1 month free plus they put note on account i can get $10 credit per month up to 1 yr for the episodes i purchase thru amazon but must be amc shows so overall very happy with dish and what they did because they did not have to do anything

I have a feeling AMC won't be back for a while, if it is brought back

Agreed, no way all this would be done if there was a chance it would be back. This is unprecedented. There have been many disputes and channel takedowns and I don't recall anything like this happening in the past.

Question I don't see anything in My Shipments about the Roku. The only email I got yesterday was on to set it up. Should I call or wait a few more days???

Chris

can someone who is getting the roku go to their account and check " my shipments" ? mine says they are shipping me an hdmi cable.

I do not see that; however, I did not get told about getting a free hdmi cable with mine although I have some extra ones.

DISH Network   800 333 DISH  800 333 3474 .png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts