DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Scott Greczkowski said:
So AMC is giving free ads for DISH? If I saw Zombies protesting DISH I would probably go check out DISH.

People's reactions were awesome. I wonder what would have happened if someone had decided to attack the zombies rather than freak out. :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Disney overpays for the broadcasting rights... then makes the viewer... whether the actually watch ESPN or not, pay for it. It is nuts.

That is frightening. How many channels is one company allowed to have a massive stake in? Most of the A&E channels I could care less about... as is the case for many people with many company owned conglomerates. But there is still that one or two stations in the group that will be held hostage.
Only laws on how many OTA stations one can own and it they are in the same market. That is as far as I know there are no regs over cable/sat channel ownership.

I got Dish to take $30 off my bill to pay for the current season of Breaking Bad from Amazon streaming. They said they would do the same for Walking Dead if AMC isn't back by October. Now, will they continue to do so next year if AMC is still gone?

At some point I suppose they are going to stop and say by now you know we don't have it, and you can decide to switch.

Hey Scott! Time for a new contest.... When does AMC come back? Put me down for 9/27 at 5pm...... After the trial starts but before Walking Dead hits and E*'s phone lights up....

Interesting article talking about the lawsuit, and a time frame for AMC to come back on Dish.

Dish Networks vs AMC: The never-ending cable battle - Fortune Tech

"Dish says that it has dropped AMC permanently, but most analysts predict an August pre-trial settlement or a September agreement— right before October's Walking Dead premiere. Because the success of The Walking Dead plays so heavily into AMC's bottom line, and is the one AMC show with enough ratings power to spur mass defections from Dish, both companies will want to reach an agreement before the season premiere."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)