DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I would switch to Dish and get the Hopper, my contract is up with DirecTV.

But with out Walking Dead the wife and teenagers wont let me switch :(

Can I pay extra to get AMC on Dish? Like they used to do with the VOOM channels? After all this is about the VOOM court case.

I would switch to Dish and get the Hopper, my contract is up with DirecTV.

But with out Walking Dead the wife and teenagers wont let me switch :(

Can I pay extra to get AMC on Dish? Like they used to do with the VOOM channels? After all this is about the VOOM court case.

Nope unfortunately you can't.The only way to get amc shows as a dish customer is via streaming or online.

You can't make these quotes up:

"I've had satellite television for as long as satellite television has been around and there's never been one minute that I know of anybody in my family, or anybody who's came to my house, has ever watched one second of any of those channels," Mr. Ergen said during a conference call with analysts.

You hear that? Not one second of any of those channels.

But Dish customers aren't thinking about zombies stunts in New York City, Mr. Ergen said during the call. "They live in farms and ranches," he said. "They have no clue about zombies and New York."
Zombies? What is this zombies?
Dish Chairman Says Subscribers Don't Like AMC That Much | Media - Advertising Age

"Mr. Ergen said negotiations would be easier if Dish could carry AMC alone, but that it has been forced to carry IFC, Sundance and WE as well. Time Warner Cable made a similar complaint during its 48-day impasse with MSG last winter, arguing that it shouldn't have to carry MSG's little-watched sibling Fuse just to get the channel viewers actually want."

I can say with about as much certainty that no one in my house has ever watched the Tennis channel, we took it out of our custom guide. Ditto Outdoor channel.

Well if AMC nets is down 13% it sounds like Charlie is holding a pretty good hand. Is AMC will to consistent lose that much or more when Mad Men comes back? I would bet the loss will be higher for them at that time. Dolans are going to get hit by the ad people really hard this fall. They will be telling the Dolans your product is now a weak place to run our ads.

Well if AMC nets is down 13% it sounds like Charlie is holding a pretty good hand. Is AMC will to consistent lose that much or more when Mad Men comes back? I would bet the loss will be higher for them at that time. Dolans are going to get hit by the ad people really hard this fall. They will be telling the Dolans your product is now a weak place to run our ads.

It'll still be a good market for advertisers. That said, the ad placers will leverage what they can to reduce spot/campaign costs.

You can't make these quotes up:

You hear that? Not one second of any of those channels.

Zombies? What is this zombies?
Dish Chairman Says Subscribers Don't Like AMC That Much | Media - Advertising Age

Again no one in my family has watched one second of the MTV channels. Hell I have family that has never watched ESPN. Not one second of it. They still pay for it and I still pay for a lot of the Viacom channels we never watch. I like the quote but I'm sure all of us can say that about channels. What can you do??? It's the way of pay TV.

It doesn't have to be the way of pay TV. We consumers hold all the cards with our wallets.

If prices keep skyrocketing or channels keep getting dropped due to these ridiculous contracts, enough people will.

It doesn't have to be the way of pay TV. We consumers hold all the cards with our wallets.

I'm with you but you will never every get enough people to drop it. It's just like when gas goes up and up. People will say everyone boycott the gas stations for one day and they will drop the price. Year after year hardly anyone does and gas keeps going up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts