DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

If I thought this might happen I would switch right now from Directv to Dish for the Pac 12 Network. The only think keeping me from switching is Dish not having AMC which carries some of my favorite shows with Walking Dead(my favorite show) being a can't miss IMO.

If the predictions in that article come true then boy Joe Clayton must really be in the dark.He just stated this week when he was firing back at Les Moonves of CBS.He stated that he wasn't aware of anything that would bring AMC back to dish.I hope he's just keeping it on the down low and that the channels do come back.Think he might should have worded it differently though.

He just didn't expand his answer. What he meant was "As long as they are suing us and if we end up paying, no way in hell will we pay for their programming." :)

i hope they do bring back amc and it would be nice to see some channel brought to dish that was like monsters hd.

I think that you would like Graveyard Shift on Louisiana Connection Network. :)
It plays older horror movies on its Graveyard Shift program. :)
You should like my channel request for it: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-Channel-Request-Thread?p=2970536#post2970536

Maybe things will become clearer with AMC Networks and Dish with the upcoming trial date, though. It would be nice just to know where things are going.

How to get a bigger discount, call about BOTH channels

Neighbor called Dish on phone, I sent him a link to this post. He called about BOTH Big 10 and AMC
He just got $10 off for 6 months plus Showtime for 6 months.

Looking at the content on ALL the AMC networks that they own, they just took what they used to play on VOOM and just moved it over to the other channels that AMC corp owns.

Nothing has really changed except now you dont have to pay extra for VOOM.

Looking at the content on ALL the AMC networks that they own, they just took what they used to play on VOOM and just moved it over to the other channels that AMC corp owns.
Like what and to where? I don't recall anything like that.

I may switch to Dish soon. My understanding is if you complain about not having AMC they will buy you a free Roku device and $10 a month?

I may switch to Dish soon. My understanding is if you complain about not having AMC they will buy you a free Roku device and $10 a month?
That was only for some existing customers who had AMC in their channel package. You would certainly not qualify.

mitchflorida said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for that if you sign up with them after the channel is no longer offered. That means that nothing was taken away from you, so I wouldn't expect them to be willing to compensate you for something you never had.

Best thing a new customer can do is call and Order Dish, get all the way to final part of the order and say, Oh I forgot, do you have AMC and the Walking Dead?
You Dont, never mind, and don't finish the order.
CSRs really hate this, I wonder if they work on commission.
Court is due to start Monday at 9am. Maybe they will reach and out of court agreement by then or during the trail.

Why waste your time and the CSR's time? The CSR is not the one who makes the decision for AMC to be carried or not.
I'm sure the execs at Dsih know there's alot of pissed off subscribers for dropping AMC. But they are "sacrificing AMC for US, the consumer" :rolleyes:
But anyhow I've moved on and can watch my AMC shows through other means.

And I'm so happy that I can get HDMovie channel to watch old movies that I've seen at least twice before, again. But then again I never really did gain this channel
since I have AEP.

Last edited:
ScottChez said:
Best thing a new customer can do is call and Order Dish, get all the way to final part of the order and say, Oh I forgot, do you have AMC and the Walking Dead?
Court is due to start Monday at 9am. Maybe they will reach and out of court agreement by then or during the trail.

That's not even funny, so basically you are gonna call waste the csr's time and lively Hood by possibly losing their job for not hitting their numbers just because your trying to prove a point?

Must be nice not to have a moral compass.

Re: DISH Drops AMC Networks

This just showed up in my inbox.
uploadfromtaptalk1348520261753.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

ScottChez said:

So the CSRs are paying for the choices of those in the big cushy offices? That's like freaking out at every Canadian citizen because a decision their Prime Minister made.