DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

JeremyL said:
I'm done. After 12 years with Dish, I'm having DirecTV installed Thursday.

Welcome to the dark side. I just turned last month, and I must say, it ain't to shabby over here.
I really think Dish may have overplayed their cards here. A lot of people watch The Walking Dead.

Welcome to the dark side.
Where I work, our department is split up on two sides of the building. My side is referred to as the Dark Side. The other half is referred to as the Far Side. I think both of those work here for DTV and Dish. :D

Sorry to hear that...no premium discounts either?. How long a sub? Under contract or no?

Yes we did get the hbo half off deal but,that didn't come from loyalty.They called and offered that separately.Been with Dish for at least 8 yrs.Yes under contract.

I notice they have starz listed in the my offers for half price but not interested in that.I'm not complaining with what they have offered but,it will cost $30 to watch the entire season of TWD in HD.Already spent roughly $20 on BB,and $20 on HOW.It will cost $30 more for TWD plus there are a couple more episodes of HOW left.So,I wouldn't think it would be unfair to ask for another credit.But,the best case scenario would be to have AMC back!;)

No kidding. There was one sicko that wanted Charlie killed. I remember his name.

I'm done. After 12 years with Dish, I'm having DirecTV installed Thursday.

Hopefully that is what happens. I was about to throw Dish to the curb once, back when they pulled their DVR charge crap. Had DirecTV due to show up. Took the day off for the install. I get a call 2 hours after the time window when they were supposed to be there to tell me that they didn't have the box I wanted in stock and it would be a week until they had it so did I want to reschedule. I ended up telling them skip it, wasting my time like that was unforgivable.

I hated to see Monsters Hd go ,but we got a lot of HD cable channels in the place of the repetitious Voom channels. IF you remember back then Directv was way ahead of DISH in the way of HD channels. When they finally dropped Voom I had long stopped watching them any way because of all the repeats.

MikeD-C05 said:
I hated to see Monsters Hd go ,but we got a lot of HD cable channels in the place of the repetitious Voom channels. IF you remember back then Directv was way ahead of DISH in the way of HD channels. When they finally dropped Voom I had long stopped watching them any way because of all the repeats.

Maybe AMC could have played some of these movies from Monsters HD during its Halloween movie marathons since so much money was spent on the content according to AMC Networks.

I never got to see Monsters HD; it probably would have been one of the Voom Networks I would have liked.

From someone who had "Monsters", it wasn't all that. To give you an idea, I saw a promo for 'The Day the Earth Stood Still" coming the following month and told myself, FINALLY a movie I want to see on this cursed channel! Two days later the channel (and all of VOOM) was gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts