DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Yep, Monsters, with a few exceptions, was pretty bad...especially toward the end. Back then, when a lot of us were just starting to experience HD, it had some appeal...until we realized, HD or not, 9 1/2 out of 10 movies s*cked. And in the end, the same four or five movies they aired a month, made it even worse,

Monsters HD was a great idea in concept, but their execution was poor. If you spent a Saturday afternoon watching, you were pretty much done with their offerings for the month.

I received an e-mail earlier this week the Drop The Dish letter from AMC, telling me all the programs I have missed by not changing to another provider that carries AMC. Does not sound like they are close to any agreement with Dish.

I think it will eventually be back on Dish. The speed at which it happens will depend on how the trial is going. Charlie may be stubborn, but he's not stupid. I know he lets his feelings often cloud his judgment. But, the dollars could be huge with this one. And, money talks. Dish can save a heap of cash on the monetary judgement. AMC can get its XX million subs back.

I received an e-mail earlier this week the Drop The Dish letter from AMC, telling me all the programs I have missed by not changing to another provider that carries AMC. Does not sound like they are close to any agreement with Dish.

I still believe that there will be a settlement between the two parties before TWD premiers.

I think that was what Rwwatson was saying....this past Monday was supposed to be the date....

to be fair, he was predicting it because the Emmys were on Sunday and he was predicting that AMC would settle with Dish due to Mad Men and Breaking Bad losing out at the Emmys. channel disputes do not dictate the Emmys, it the board who choses the award winners at the Emmys that determines who wins an award.

well i guess Swanni is wrong again.

So what is the latest that dish is doing for customers who can't get amc through them and are looking to change providers?
Call and ask for loyalty. But you are are a little late getting in the game.