DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Well, I just "did the deed"........ Direct's new offer that just started made up my mind, their new Genie whole house HD-DVR free for new customers looks like a nice setup. This is going to allow me to save $50.00 a month with the same programming (plus AMC ;)). Looking forward to pulling the plug on Dish, it is going to be nice telling them bye after all of this dropping channels drama

To anyone who has gotten a Roku from Dish:
When they sent you the Roku, did it show up on your "shipments" page, or was it shipped from some third-party? They told me Tuesday night they would send the Roku, and it's still not showing up on "my shipments."

Andyjunction said:
I was hoping some miracle would occur before TWD premiers this Sunday but finally came to the realization I'd have to switch to Direct if I wanted to watch it. Lousy internet (1.5 Mbps DSL) and no cable runs here. Imagine my despair when I learned Direct doesn't carry Grand Junction CO locals. Now I'm stuck with Dish and won't get to watch my favorite show unless it's at a really low resolution. The universe hates me, clearly.

I'm not positive about this, but I believe for Amazon purchased content, you have the option of downloading it to a computer (rather than streaming it to a device). So you could potentially download it overnight and connect your computer to your tv to watch at a higher resolution. Not optimal, but hopefully that helps your situation some.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Bradtothebone said:
To anyone who has gotten a Roku from Dish:
When they sent you the Roku, did it show up on your "shipments" page, or was it shipped from some third-party? They told me Tuesday night they would send the Roku, and it's still not showing up on "my shipments."

Shipped from roku, no tracking or info in my shipments

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Does anyone have a number or email address to contact Charlie?

I just called Customer Service and they aren't giving out any kinds of credits or specials in relation to AMC being dropped. Said that AMC wasn't coming back unless they contract demands came down. The girl even said she was mad too (not her exact wording, but I'm keeping it clean) because she's a Walking Dead fan as well.

I'd like to let Charlie know that I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks extra in order to have AMC back.

AMC was in top 200,top 250,and welcome pack.IFC 200 and 250.Can't recall about we and sund.

AMC seems to not get double negatives. The Walking Dead commercials notes that AMC and The Walking Dead is "Not available on not Dish" with the Dish symbol crossed out. This means it is only available on Dish. :D

It's not up to Dish to dictate to me what the "best programming" is.

Yes, it is. Same as Direct TV or any carrier decides what the best programming is. How can you decide what Direct TV or Dish carries for channels other than not using their services or a mass campaign to get a channel? If there was a mass exit from Dish when they dropped AMC, that might help Dish decide that channel is best programming.
Each service decides what the best programming is, based on several factors. But bottom line, it is the carrier that decides.
Lets put it to a test. Dictate to Dish a channel they must carry that they don't.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts