DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Did I say I was expecting parting gifts, KAB? I thought this was a forum to discuss topics that are related to satellite providers. I signed up with Dish when they had AMC, and now they don't. I am switching to a provider that does offer it. Dish, in my opinion, yanked the programming over the Voom lawsuit, and I enjoyed Voom years ago when it was available. I did not say I was leaving this site, as I am a Pub Member / Supporter. I did not expect anything like parting gifts, and do not appreciate your rude, sarcastic comment.

Sorry if this has already been posted...

Dish Network Tells ‘Walking Dead’ Fans They Can Watch “Scary Movies” Instead

"I laughed out loud when I saw the satellite company’s Facebook message to its subscribers who won’t be able to catch the third-season premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead this Sunday — because Dish dropped the channel in June. But don’t let that color your opinion. Here it is, so you can tell us what you think: ”DISH understands that ‘The Walking Dead’ on AMC is a very popular series. To show appreciation, customers will be provided ‘Tales of the Apocalypse,’ a free scary movie fest every day in the month of October. Starting at 8 PM ET on Blockbuster Studio, channel 102, ‘Walking Dead’ fans can enjoy these horror/science-fiction commercial free movies."

Full Story

riffjim4069 said:
Dish Network Tells ?Walking Dead? Fans They Can Watch ?Scary Movies? Instead

"I laughed out loud when I saw the satellite company?s Facebook message to its subscribers who won?t be able to catch the third-season premiere of AMC?s The Walking Dead this Sunday ? because Dish dropped the channel in June. But don?t let that color your opinion. Here it is, so you can tell us what you think: ?DISH understands that ?The Walking Dead? on AMC is a very popular series. To show appreciation, customers will be provided ?Tales of the Apocalypse,? a free scary movie fest every day in the month of October. Starting at 8 PM ET on Blockbuster Studio, channel 102, ?Walking Dead? fans can enjoy these horror/science-fiction commercial free movies."

Full Story

According to my guide, we get 2 movies tonight on channel 102. Sorry Dish, That won't cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

riffjim4069 said:
Hey, I have a quick and easy solution...why not just give all subscribers access to MonstersHD, which is part of the basic HD package? :p

That's a great idea. Never got to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dish Network Tells ‘Walking Dead’ Fans They Can Watch “Scary Movies” Instead

"I laughed out loud when I saw the satellite company’s Facebook message to its subscribers who won’t be able to catch the third-season premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead this Sunday — because Dish dropped the channel in June. But don’t let that color your opinion. Here it is, so you can tell us what you think: ”DISH understands that ‘The Walking Dead’ on AMC is a very popular series. To show appreciation, customers will be provided ‘Tales of the Apocalypse,’ a free scary movie fest every day in the month of October. Starting at 8 PM ET on Blockbuster Studio, channel 102, ‘Walking Dead’ fans can enjoy these horror/science-fiction commercial free movies."

Full Story

ummmm dish, if people like scary movies so much why don't you add FEARnet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)