DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Okay, I'm hooked. It would be funny to learn that shows like TWD and Breaking Bad were originally intended to broadcast on one of the VoomHD channels, until the affiliation agreement was terminated in 2008. It seems like AMC changed their strategy of it being a movie channel and started producing more original scripted series around that time. Coincidence?

riffjim4069 said:
Okay, I'm hooked. It would be funny to learn that shows like TWD and Breaking Bad were originally intended to broadcast on one of the VoomHD channels, until the affiliation agreement was terminated in 2008. It seems like AMC changed their strategy of it being a movie channel and started producing more original scripted series around that time. Coincidence?

I've been hooked since episode 1. I'm pretty excited for season 3 to start tomorrow night.

Just had a chat with Dish Customer Service and he mentioned that I could stream AMC shows at Amazon and then all I need to do is call or chat with them and they will credit my account up to $2 for SD and $3 for HD. When I asked up to how many AMC shows I can watch, he said not to worry and they will credit my account as long as I chat or call them. Is this true?

I'm sorry if this was discussed earlier but it's hard to go back and check 611 pages.

Just had a chat with Dish Customer Service and he mentioned that I could stream AMC shows at Amazon and then all I need to do is call or chat with them and they will credit my account up to $2 for SD and $3 for HD. When I asked up to how many AMC shows I can watch, he said not to worry and they will credit my account as long as I chat or call them. Is this true?

I'm sorry if this was discussed earlier but it's hard to go back and check 611 pages.
Don't expect more than a $35.00 credit. Have never heard of the credit as you go plan.

I've been told the same back when I was offered the Roku. Note... The Walking Dead Season 3 is scheduled for 16 episodes. 8 episodes before the holidays, and then 8 more in February march time frame. (season 2 was 13 episodes)

Blackloz said:
I'd rather they do a straight shot run of 16 eps over say 18 weeks with a week or two off for the odd holiday.

I'd be happy coming home after my 12hr shift and cutting on 130 to see AMC is back on.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Don't expect more than a $35.00 credit. Have never heard of the credit as you go plan.

imo you would be better off to just buy the entire season pass,then have dish to credit you for that instead of having to get a credit each week for each episode.

Agreed. But my point is, I don't believe they will compensate more than $35.00, but it might depend per subscriber. I was given the Roku, the $35 instant credit amd 10$/12, 1/2 HBO and Show for six months deal. Would not think (and will not ask for) they would give me more credits for
TWD.

Last edited:
AmazonLocal has a $2 voucher for Amazon Instant Video today, enough for an episode of Walking Dead. You might have to subscribe to the St. Louis market if its not available in your market.

3,678 posts. Plus 980 post the other thread.
Guess people really want AMC. Is this a record post count for a missing channel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)