DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Isn't Charlie no longer CEO of Dish, but he retains Chairman of the Board status, or something like that?

But the CEO makes all the daily decisions of running the company. The Chairman sets company policy and hires the CEO.
That's right. The Chairman doesn't have a phone or access to email, and thus never communicates with the CEO to offer his opinions, thoughts, or feelings about any topic, decision, or strategy.

First MSG and SNY, now AMC?! This could be it ...

We've been loyal Dish customers for about 15 years. We've been missing the MSG and I think SNY channels for quite some time now (Sabres / Mets). If they really do drop AMC that may be the final straw for us. We might make the switch back to Time-Warner cable.

What do you guys think will happen with Dish and AMC? Missing The Walking Dead is a likely deal-breaker for us. I'd hate to make the switch. Anyone here already quit Dish over this business?

Thanks,
Chris

That's right. The Chairman doesn't have a phone or access to email, and thus never communicates with the CEO to offer his opinions, thoughts, or feelings about any topic, decision, or strategy.

I never said that the Chairman and CEO don't communicate with each other. I only pointed out that each has defined duties. The chairman, along with the board, determines corporate policy and strategy, i.e short and long term goals. The CEO has to figure out how to accomplish those goals on a daily basis.

I never said that the Chairman and CEO don't communicate with each other. I only pointed out that each has defined duties. The chairman, along with the board, determines corporate policy and strategy, i.e short and long term goals. The CEO has to figure out how to accomplish those goals on a daily basis.
Oh, come on. This is Charlie Ergen we are talking about. He will state his opinion at any time to any one below him, and expect it to be addressed accordingly. And, whomever he states it to will either follow through out of a desire to keep their position, or they will resign.

We've been loyal Dish customers for about 15 years. We've been missing the MSG and I think SNY channels for quite some time now (Sabres / Mets). If they really do drop AMC that may be the final straw for us. We might make the switch back to Time-Warner cable.

What do you guys think will happen with Dish and AMC? Missing The Walking Dead is a likely deal-breaker for us. I'd hate to make the switch. Anyone here already quit Dish over this business?

Thanks,
Chris

I'd be shocked if this settles before the drop dead date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)