DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Agreed. AMC is one of the reasons we keep AT250. Something like this would really have us considering cutting the cord- again......
We'd really be tempted to drop down to The Welcome Package with the Heartland Package (to keep Pixl and Hallmark Movie Channel) and then sign up with my local cableco's Digtial Basic package with their WHDVR to get the channels that aren't available. I just priced it out and replacing my 722K with a 211K, the cost would be the same. We currently have the AT200 w/BB@H. We currently get internet and phone from that cabelco. Technically it would be a downgrade, but we'd still get AMC as well as those Disney channels in HD.

This is just part of contract negotiations, i.e. E* playing hardball.

So, are you saying that, in your considered opinion, the news reporting is dead wrong on the Voom linkage? (Your take makes sense to me!)

I'd certainly hate to lose Sundance and IFC even tho's they're not HD. I hope Dish reconsiders the move.

Once again the high rollers are calling each others' bluff and we the little guys who pay the bills are (possibly) getting screwed...!!

So, are you saying that, in your considered opinion, the news reporting is dead wrong on the Voom linkage? (Your take makes sense to me!)
AMC Network's take is that they are linked. I think that E* is putting pressure on AMC to make a deal during contract negotiations. I think that the trial will go forward regardless of what happens with AMC.

Wouldn't affect me too much (hard to watch movies on that channel, too many commercials), but AMC is clearly the hottest non-premium cable network these days. Dropping it would be a huge mistake. It'd be like Dish dropping Fox Soccer for me.

Glad this is happening though, we haven't had some heat in here for a couple months. Let the Directv v Dish flame war begin. :D How long before one particular poster mentions going to him to connect with Directv... or another poster mentions how great Directv is over Dish, but for some reason still hangs around here... or another mentions that the saved bandwidth could give Dish room to add Fearnet?
Agreed. AMC is one of the reasons we keep AT250. Something like this would really have us considering cutting the cord- again......
AMC is available in Latino Dos for a much lower price than AT250!

So it looks like Dish wants to stick it to AMC's a** for winning in court? Sorry, I don't agree with Dish on this one. After all, Dish/Echostar supposedly destroyed electronic evidence that would have helped AMC's case anyway so now it just seems that Dish wants to get of rid of AMC because of spite. It's a bad idea because all it does is hurt your business and it'll drive away your consumers.

This would completely suck. Three of my favorite shows are on AMC (The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men). I really wish I would have held off on my hopper upgrade that extended my contract for a few more months so I could see how this plays out. The Disney situation pisses me off but at least those channels are available in SD. If they completely pull AMC I will be very upset with Dish. Dish needs to quit being so cheap and just get the deals done like every other provider.

No I wont switch and pay them a ridiculous cancellation fee giving them money for nothing after they piss me off. It is insane that we are required to keep up our end of the deal and pay on time every month but they can just remove channels that were part of the package when we signed our contracts.

Its basically a one sided contract. They can do anything they want and we have to pay no matter what. We should be allowed to leave with no cancellation fee within a certain time frame after they remove a channel we signed up for.

dish is making a big mistake if they do this and i see mass exodus if these channels get dropped cause of the lawsuit......now we know why dish chages all these fees for there lasuits and court cases :D :)

This would completely suck. Three of my favorite shows are on AMC (The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men). I really wish I would have held off on my hopper upgrade that extended my contract for a few more months so I could see how this plays out. The Disney situation pisses me off but at least those channels are available in SD. If they completely pull AMC I will be very upset with Dish. Dish needs to quit being so cheap and just get the deals done like every other provider.

No I wont switch and pay them a ridiculous cancellation fee giving them money for nothing after they piss me off. It is insane that we are required to keep up our end of the deal and pay on time every month but they can just remove channels that were part of the package when we signed our contracts.

Its basically a one sided contract. They can do anything they want and we have to pay no matter what. We should be allowed to leave with no cancellation fee within a certain time frame after they remove a channel we signed up for.

It will never happen, but I'd like to see a "one channel escape clause" in the contract. The customer chooses one channel, and if Dish drops the channel during the contract period, the customer can cancel with no penalty.

Wow, my name on the Front Page! Just trying to help out a fellow D* subscriber who is going to E* and look where I end up. Thanks Scott for giving it it's own thread.

dish is making a big mistake if they do this and i see mass exodus if these channels get dropped cause of the lawsuit......now we know why dish chages all these fees for there lasuits and court cases :D :)

Everyone said the same thing about dropping FX, and the other Fox stations a couple of years ago. I'm sure dish has an idea of how many people actually watch some of those stations. They will hear some complaints but I doubt they actually lose that many customers.

I know AMC has become popular in the last few years, but I haven't watched it in years since it switched to commercials and quit showing the older movies.

Everyone said the same thing about dropping FX, and the other Fox stations a couple of years ago. I'm sure dish has an idea of how many people actually watch some of those stations. They will hear some complaints but I doubt they actually lose that many customers.

I know AMC has become popular in the last few years, but I haven't watched it in years since it switched to commercials and quit showing the older movies.

I believe that more people are now watching for their original programming than old movies, and they will be pissed.

AMC is showing new Mad Men episodes now so this would be a huge loss around here.

Wow, my name on the Front Page! Just trying to help out a fellow D* subscriber who is going to E* and look where I end up. Thanks Scott for giving it it's own thread.
Thanks for letting us know!

As always if anyone has any breaking news which has not been posted yet please let us know so we can let others know! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts