DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I was watching MTV2 (for Saved By The Bell...lol), and in their Good News scroll, they had that Season 5 of Mad Men did the best of all seasons in ratings.

And AMC had its best showing ever as the #15 cable channel among adults age 18-34 during prime time (one higher than last year). But it was #18 overall over a 24 hour period with all audiences (one LOWER than last year) meaning that that LESS people watched the channel outside of prime time than last year. :) One show does not a network make.

BTW these numbers are for the time frame of first-run shows. I do not have the most current numbers for reruns which are historically much, much lower.

TNGTony said:
And AMC had its best showing ever as the #15 cable channel among adults age 18-34 during prime time (one higher than last year). But it was #18 overall over a 24 hour period with all audiences (one LOWER than last year) meaning that that LESS people watched the channel outside of prime time than last year. :) One show does not a network make.

BTW these numbers are for the time frame of first-run shows. I do not have the most current numbers for reruns which are historically much, much lower.

Is it just AMC, though?

http://www.livescience.com/20900-tv-dying-online-video-surges-infographic.html

Mojo Jojo said:
I was watching MTV2 (for Saved By The Bell...lol), and in their Good News scroll, they had that Season 5 of Mad Men did the best of all seasons in ratings.

MTV2..... there's another joke. Launched to play music videos, and now crap, just like the 1st MTV!
:facepalm
there's a couple channels that can be dropped right now. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

eurosport said:
MTV2..... there's another joke. Launched to play music videos, and now crap, just like the 1st MTV!
:facepalm
there's a couple channels that can be dropped right now. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

There are many channels that are not following what the letters in their name stand for...

Not to sway the debate either way, but couldn't this be said for most stations on an individual basis?
Is there an irony here? Networks complain about the DVR being able to fast forward through commercials, yet without a DVR, how many of these stations would ever be watched, as most their programming is drab and repetitive, and possibly repeats.

Is there an irony here? Networks complain about the DVR being able to fast forward through commercials, yet without a DVR, how many of these stations would ever be watched, as most their programming is drab and repetitive, and possibly repeats.
The trick is THEY dont think they are drab and repetitive!

But it was #18 overall over a 24 hour period with all audiences (one LOWER than last year) meaning that that LESS people watched the channel outside of prime time than last year.
Is it just AMC, though?

TV Is Dying While Online Video Surges (Infographic) | LiveScience

The article above is correct that TV vieweship as a whole is on the decline, but AMC is losing MORE viewers than other networks (24 hours/all demos) this is why they fell from #17 to #18 among other networks who are mostly losing viewers this quarter. One exception to the viewer slide is History Channel. They added viewers. They had the best showing ever among many demos and overall. Hatfields & McCoys is now the most viewed cable show in television history. Beat Walking Dead's weeks-old record by about 15%.

Right. Because no one watched TV until the DVR was invented. :p

In the days of four networks they did. There are many shows I watch, that without a DVR would not, there are too many channels now to catch them all. And time is another factor. I can watch a program now when I have the time, not only when it airs, without time shifting I might never watch many shows. They should all be thanking their lucky stars there is a DVR..... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts