DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

and how do i do that out in the boondocks? lol

I have the best available in my area. AT&T 3.0 dsl
Take the CAT-5 output from your DSL modem and connect it to something like this:

Amazon.com: NETGEAR RangeMax WNR1000 Wireless Router: Electronics

B001UI4RTG_bigchart_lg.jpg

well i just called and at first they offered me a $20.00 credit and told me to watch it on my pc..i told them that i know they are offering better deals.
she then transferred me to the loyalty team and they offered me the same...i told them that a friend of mine just got a roku and $10/12mo and that i didnt want to have the whole family sitting in the computer room watching the big 3 shows on AMC.
he then immediately said yes we can do that for you and that was it...no hassle what so ever from them...im happy with the outcome.

also the whole thing took 10 mins max...i was prepared to be waiting for an hour or more.

I just got off the phone for the 2nd time. First time, I called the 888 number in the email I was sent and to a csr whom English was obviously not her first language. I was informed that the new seasons "Hell on wheels" (Aug 12) and "The Walking Dead" (Oct 12) would both be available for free download through my BB@Home account. She guaranteed this. I then called the same 888 number back and spoke with another CSR (This one very definitely had English as her first language) and she said "no" those shows would not be on BB, so I mentioned what others on the site and friends were saying about Roku through the loyalty dept. I was immediately transferred and set up with the Roku to be shipped and a $35 credit. I also asked that they pass along the fact that moving channels I already pay extra for i.e. HDNmov and HDnet being offered to lower paying tiers (I have AEP + BB) was a slap in the face to those of us that pay for the higher tiers and that replacement meant they should be adding channels such as Smithsonian or Fearnet, that shuffling was not replacing. Anyway, more than happy with outcome of the second call and stressed they should make sure their CSR's do not offer false info, as I would have been extremely upset when I couldn't get these two shows on BB as promised.

All this wireless router talk reminds me, I need to upgrade mine...still chugging along on 11g speeds. Maybe this will do the trick:

Amazon.com: Netgear WNDR3700 N600 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router: Electronics

That would certainly do the trick but imo a bit of overkill.This is one I have been considering and its opensource,can put ddwrt or tomato s/w on it.Friend has one and really likes it.It streams 1080p over his network very well.

Amazon.com: Netgear WNR3500L N300 Gigabit Wireless Router: Electronics

I was wooed by the "Simultaneous Dual Band" doubling of the bandwidth...plus the DLNA Media Server, since I'm DLNA illiterate...:eek:

(sorry to take this thread so far off topic, but since all these reports of Rokus being posted, I figured this is the next logical step so people will know what do with them) :p

Dish does have a deal with Roku because of their DISHWorld IPTV partnership. I would bet this is some kind of extension of that since Dish is in a bind with their customers over AMC. For reference, here are the Roku models off their website:
rokumodels.jpg

Yeah, I missed when IFC had some quirky, not-exactly-mainstream stuff...lately, not so much.

After waiting for nearly an hr on chat I was able to get a free Roku-$10 off a month for a year and Cinemax for a penny a month for a year. Works for me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)