DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Welcome to Satelliteguys, GoBucks!

With standard software, you only get to stream the programs through Amazon. There are programs that will allow you to capture the stream, but that what Amazon is selling on line. To have the program to keep you should buy the DVD to keep things "legal"

I was given the offer and confirmed the shipping adress add everything and then they said I don't qualify! How annoying is that! I don't qualify because I don't currently subscribe to AMC, which is accruate but they can't make a mistake like that. Plus I know for a fact they've been sending them out to other people who don't have the AT250 package.

Wait a minute? You are calling to get an offer for people angry about losing AMC. You are angry you didn't get it, and then you say YOU DIDN'T HAVE AMC? Really? If it weren't so sad, it would be funny. AMC was in several packages below AT250 as well.

I would like to express my gratitude to the SatelliteGuys community. I would not have even thought to approach Dish for a discount in the wake of the AMC disaster, but now I'm getting $10/mo of my bill and a free Roku. That is pretty amazing. Either one would have been good, but both makes me a happy customer. I had been shopping around, but I suppose I'll stay put for now. So I guess their strategy is working after all!

Thanks again to everyone who has shared their experiences through this ordeal.

Welcome to Satelliteguys, GoBucks!

With standard software, you only get to stream the programs through Amazon. There are programs that will allow you to capture the stream, but that what Amazon is selling on line. To have the program to keep you should buy the DVD to keep things "legal"

Thank you and thans for the info!!

OK so I had been rebuffed three times all by the Loyalty department saying that I was not eligible for the free Roku. I just now called #: 1-888-873-5765 (Special Retention Team) and wow was the lady I got nice.
I should have called that number, instead of using chat. I didn't have the long wait others have had with chat. But, it was quite a twisted path to finally get the Roku. Plus, I got no credits, only a Roku.

It's still nice getting a free Roku. But, I would have liked to get add'l moneys, of course. Oh well. What's done is done.

So I finally got the email I was told I would get. I am not sure how everyone else's orders are, but mine is being shipped overnight by fedex from Roku. I will get it by 3pm local time tomorrow. I of course will not be home till later than that but I will be expecting it waiting for me. Still not clear about the other shipment he said was sending out as the email I received a bit ago was for one package, but that is just an HDMI cable so not as concerned about that. Anyway, mine is coming from Roku not DISH. I find this very interesting and wonder what is in store looking forward. I feel that there is something just around the bend that we don't know about yet. ;)

PS. The email was not from dish and was not the email with the how to setup. I never received that email.

So I finally got the email I was told I would get. I am not sure how everyone else's orders are, but mine is being shipped overnight by fedex from Roku. I will get it by 3pm local time tomorrow. I of course will not be home till later than that but I will be expecting it waiting for me. Still not clear about the other shipment he said was sending out as the email I received a bit ago was for one package, but that is just an HDMI cable so not as concerned about that. Anyway, mine is coming from Roku not DISH. I find this very interesting and wonder what is in store looking forward. I feel that there is something just around the bend that we don't know about yet. ;)

PS. The email was not from dish and was not the email with the how to setup. I never received that email.

Seems to be the big question if there is more to this roku/dish thing?

So I finally got the email I was told I would get.

I have yet to receive any confirmation email of any sort. Until I do, it's all smoke and mirrors to me, and not worth the paper the verbal agreement is written on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)