DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
well 4 years of legal mess have finally ended with a resolution with Dish getting one dispute ending at 3 and a half to 4 months, and one that lasted 2 years and 4 months. no word yet on if MSG and MSG plus returning, if they do return as well on Nov 1. then that means that dispute lasted 2 years and one month. it's good that they resolved this AMC network dispute/VOOM lawsuit. now to the next legal issue to resolve, and that's the Dish/Disney lawsuit and the dispute said lawsuit has caused.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
well 4 years of legal mess have finally ended with a resolution with Dish getting one dispute ending at 3 and a half to 4 months, and one that lasted 2 years and 4 months. no word yet on if MSG and MSG plus returning, if they do return as well on Nov 1. then that means that dispute lasted 2 years and one month. it's good that they resolved this AMC network dispute/VOOM lawsuit. now to the next legal issue to resolve, and that's the Dish/Disney lawsuit and the dispute said lawsuit has caused.

Don't forget the ptat (autohop) case.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I'm going to stop short of Dish coming out well because on no planet was Voom getting a Billion anything. But it's fair to say except for some upset customers Dish made a great decision. By not carrying any of the Rainbow/AMC that became a bargaining tool. I did not think FUSE was coming back so Dish while now carrying a few stations they did not really want to (meaning we or fuse etc) manages to get a somewhat favorable monetary outcome and can boast having all those channels in the lineup. I also see Dish was given some data spectrum in the deal...interesting

Last edited:

inline

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 13, 2011
Narnia
Per Dish Networks FB page, AMC is going to be enjoyed by all of its customers so its got to be a Free Preview for all.

IFC and FUSE

FCC issues Cuba Spot Beam License

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)