DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

As a person who did not watch Breaking Bad, or HOW, and saw the first ep of TWD in FL last week, I made out like a BANDIT over this. Free ROKU, etc, etc. I got the max considerations Dish gave out. Patience paid off, at least for me. Glad it's all settled...and a contented cow.

KAB said:
As a person who did not watch Breaking Bad, or HOW, and saw the first ep of TWD in FL last week, I made out like a BANDIT over this. Free ROKU, etc, etc. I got the max considerations Dish gave out. Patience paid off, at least for me. Glad it's all settled...and a contented cow.

I am with you, they have me so much more than I ever expected and now they keep on giving by getting amc back on for tonights show. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I agree, will probably get a fanboy label for this, but when you look back and see that credits were given, roku's and such dish provided some good customer service and now AMC is back, my favorite was Mad Men and that was on break

I'm very curious as to how long this "preview" period will last, and what packages AMC will be a part of. I assume probably just the ones it was before being dropped, eh? Probably no chance it'll get added to any of the lower packages, right?

I'm very curious as to how long this "preview" period will last, and what packages AMC will be a part of. I assume probably just the ones it was before being dropped, eh? Probably no chance it'll get added to any of the lower packages, right?
Have no idea what you mean by "preview" and all previous packages stand.

I think it's in freeview right now for all, forgot what packages AMC were in prior to AMC being pulled

Have no idea what you mean by "preview" and all previous packages stand.

it is posted previously that someone sees it in AT120 which it wasnt there before (before it got pulled)

Uplink doesnt show freeview so either dish put it in AT120 or they havent finished fixing the freeview that was AXS there and moving channel 131 back to AT200

Everyone make sure you double check around 9:00 to make sure The Walking Dead is scheduled to record. My hopper is showing no info available from 9:00 on for AMC. As of right now it isn't in my daily schedule. I'm hoping the guide updates before then but I will check at 9:00 and manually record if I have to. A big thank you to amazon for letting me cancel my season pass. I paid $2.89 for the first episode but I'm off the hook for the rest of the season.

Well said Kab,I am more than pleased with the way things worked out.I do watch HOW BB and TWD faithfully though.Very glad we decided to stick it out.

I would guess that AMC will be available in all the core packages now.Could be wrong but they may have insisted on that being part of the new contract.

Teehar said:
I would guess that AMC will be available in all the core packages now.Could be wrong but they may have insisted on that being part of the new contract.

My guess is that they wanted it in as many homes as possible and came to that agreement. I'm DISH America and get it right now. I hope it stays that way! Fear Fest!!!

I'm kind of surprised Dish hasn't sent out a mass email announcing that AMC is back.

satjay said:
I think it's in freeview right now for all, forgot what packages AMC were in prior to AMC being pulled

Prior to the removal, AMC was in AT200 and above, Dish Latino Dos and above, and the Welcome Pack (SD Only).

Well said Kab,I am more than pleased with the way things worked out.I do watch HOW BB and TWD faithfully though.Very glad we decided to stick it out.

As mad as I got, I too am glad that I stuck it out. I only received one $30 credit and a free Roku player, but for me that was good enough. I was going to get another Roku player anyway, so Dish saved me $70. The credit covered all of Breaking Bad and I was going to use the rest on TWD.

Even though I did watch the free stream last week, I currently have the first episode scheduled for 8:00pm. I'll watch episode 2 at 9:00pm, but I'm recording the 10:00pm broadcast. I hate it when one show blends into the other during recordings.

Everyone make sure you double check around 9:00 to make sure The Walking Dead is scheduled to record. My hopper is showing no info available from 9:00 on for AMC. As of right now it isn't in my daily schedule. I'm hoping the guide updates before then but I will check at 9:00 and manually record if I have to. A big thank you to amazon for letting me cancel my season pass. I paid $2.89 for the first episode but I'm off the hook for the rest of the season.
Too bad the Hopper won't let you set a manual timer! Looks like I might be recording "no info Available"...

No guide info yet from 7:00-on. Might have to manually record the Walking Dead tonight.
On my ViP receivers, you can force a guide update by soft rebooting, then navigating to the channel in question (131) on the guide. When you advance the guide into the "info unavailable" realm, the receiver will ask if you want to update the guide data. This may take up to 10 minutes. Then you'll have about a 9-day guide. I don't know how other systems work, however. This worked for me as usual.

I don't watch any of the AMC shows, so a free Roku without asking for or getting any monetary credits was also good enough for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)