DMX

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
From Satforums:

Motorola ACC has notified NPS that the free DMX music channels will not be mapped after 06-07-10.

If I would have to guess Direct tv has something to do with this. Maybe Comcast lost the right to sell them. I have a hunch that they will disappear and not be uplinked anymore there. Now the thing is what will Comcast do with the extra bandwidth? More HD or possibly rent that space to SRL for other channels. We can all get DMX other places :)

audio channels do not use much bandwidth. IIRC in MPEG2 its 6:1
6 audio channels use the same bandwidth as 1 video

Excuse perhaps a dumb question from a non-4DTV user (I use a 4200 and a Genpix), but wouldn't this just mean that you could still receive them by using generics???
Doesn't seem all that serious to me. What would be serious would be if they would either encrypt them or change the freq to a freq that the 4DTV couldn't tune.

DMX stated a new mux last summer on G-17. There was talk about them leaving W5 then. HITS is probably getting around to it now or the contract with DMX runs out. Now that Direct tv offers Sonic (DMX) They probably don't want them available to Comcast anymore.

Even generics or commercial Dc-2's will tune a non existent mux. The above is why I believe that they will do something else with that space. Unless SRL steps up to the plate and requests the space for channels they can add, HITS will probably use it for HD.

DMX stated a new mux last summer on G-17. There was talk about them leaving W5 then. HITS is probably getting around to it now or the contract with DMX runs out. Now that Direct tv offers Sonic (DMX) They probably don't want them available to Comcast anymore.

Even generics or commercial Dc-2's will tune a non existent mux. .......

Really??? {Sorry, had to jump on that before you changed it. :) }

What would be serious would be if they would either encrypt them or change the freq to a freq that the 4DTV couldn't tune.
Encryption would suck, but freqs that a 4DTV can't tune would be fine. I'd just punch the info into my Digitrans, or 4200V, and let the music play once again! :music:

That DVB mux at 91w sounds like crap compared to the DCII version on 105w.

It sounded alright here through my Yamaha HT system in AC-3. I think those are the masters on 91. We can't control what HITS is going to do. Fox news would not be a choice I want put there either, but that channel seems to have quite a following. It's like Gary Bourgois used to say... "Follow the money trail" :(

The real story

Mike Kohl just said on Sat talk that DMX on W5 is ending transmission. The DVB feeds on G-17 are now where you will need to get them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts