DMX

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mike Kohl just said on Sat talk that DMX on W5 is ending transmission. The DVB feeds on G-17 are now where you will need to get them.
Well I guess that's the beginning of the end.
I'm officially shelving the DSR-410/"Baby-C" project, before it even gets started, since I'm sure that the rest of the HITS feeds on W5 will go next, making the endeavor pointless. :mad:

Only 5 left....

At this hour my 4DTV is only getting DMX channels 825 thru 829 on W5. The rest ( 830 and up ) are gone...just an occasional flicker of the DCII light, but no signal. :(

Just checked P9, (Intelsat 9) at 58w.
All those DMX channels are still there. ( keeping fingers crossed ) :rolleyes:

Well I guess that's the beginning of the end.
I'm officially shelving the DSR-410/"Baby-C" project, before it even gets started, since I'm sure that the rest of the HITS feeds on W5 will go next, making the endeavor pointless. :mad:

I don't think the HITS W5 feeds are going anywhere soon, just because DMX is leaving. If anything that space may be used for something else good video wise. It's not like DMX isn't around. The DVB feeds have been up there a year and I at least knew about them leaving W5 since last summer. I even talked about it some here too I remember.

The P9 feeds are for Latin America and probably won't be changing, they are a different bunch of services all together.

I know how you feel Euro but that's the hobby. Things come and go all the time. It hurts most when something happens to something we enjoy. Been there done that. When something is free all bets are off for tomorrow thats the nature of the beast.

EDIT: Sat Morning DMX on W5 seems to be working fine on my 922.

Last edited:
-ALL- news channels report what they are told to by the elite.

I prefer Fox as it has a conservative slant to it and they dont portray Obama as some sort of savior. Obama is a liar like the rest, he can just keep a straight face and talk in circles (something Bush couldn't do). This is a deep subject and not the subject of this thread.

-But- We need some sort of news channel available, even if it has to be CNN or HN, I don't really care, I just can watch FoxNEWS longer without getting pissed off. (And Murdoch's beauties look better than those at CNN) That Martha is HOT!!:D

-ALL- news channels report what they are told to by the elite.

I prefer Fox as it has a conservative slant to it and they dont portray Obama as some sort of savior. Obama is a liar like the rest, he can just keep a straight face and talk in circles (something Bush couldn't do). This is a deep subject and not the subject of this thread.

-But- We need some sort of news channel available, even if it has to be CNN or HN, I don't really care, I just can watch FoxNEWS longer without getting pissed off. (And Murdoch's beauties look better than those at CNN) That Martha is HOT!!:D
Just the opposite for me.
bush was the worst president in US history and all the wrongdoing by him and his buddy-crook cheney will be exposed for years and years to come as the investigations continue. Fox never mentions any of that, though. They think he's some kind of saint when the exact opposite is true. That's enough now, from me. You are right about this being a deep subject and not for this thread. I just find it so hard to believe the amount of people that sit and let fox spoonfeed them this neo-con garbage and they all sit there , never change the channel, and believe the lies.....:rolleyes: I'm probably due for a lashing by a moderator now...deservedly so, but I had to state my view on this. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic on DMX.

EDIT: Sat Morning DMX on W5 seems to be working fine on my 922.
Yes- it seems that for some reason, my DSR-920 is not changing polarity properly. That's why I can only get 5 of them. I have to see if it's switching the voltage right, or my Geosat Pro C2 took a crap. :(

Just the opposite for me.
bush was the worst president in US history and all the wrongdoing by him and his buddy-crook cheney will be exposed for years and years to come ....
I just find it so hard to believe the amount of people that sit and let fox spoonfeed them this neo-con garbage and they all sit there , never change the channel, and believe the lies.....:rolleyes: I'm probably due for a lashing by a moderator now........
Well I guess I'll get a lashing too. I agree completely, despite being described by my friends years ago as being so conservative as to be slightly to the right of Attilla the Hun.
HOWEVER, relative to Fox News, at least their distorted views of reality and current events are extremely entertaining. They have made it extremely easy for the likes of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert of the comedy channel. The clips on those two shows taken from Fox News have to be some of the funniest things I've ever seen. I used to think that they must be editing the clips, because nobody could be THAT stupid, but I was wrong. They DO edit clips from other people, but they don't HAVE to edit the clips from Fox.

And now we return you to our Original Programing DMX. :D
Exactly!
But I found out the reason I only get 5 DMX channels is my Geosat Pro C2 LNBF is stuck on horizontal. I don't know how long it's been like this or where to get another one if it's toast! Both outputs, too. Only horizontal...

Exactly!
But I found out the reason I only get 5 DMX channels is my Geosat Pro C2 LNBF is stuck on horizontal. I don't know how long it's been like this or where to get another one if it's toast! Both outputs, too. Only horizontal...

Sounds like the diode steering circuit if fried. I got a single Geosat pro C band LNBF for my clients 6 footer last year at Satellite AV.

Exactly!

It seems strange that both outputs would show the same behavior, and/or both connected receivers not supplying proper voltage. I'm wondering if it might be more likely that the vertical probe inside the throat might be shorted out by something? Like an insect nest or corrosion or deposits from a previous water leak or something. Since both outputs would be grabbing signal from the same probe, it seems possibly a problem with the probe itself.

It seems strange that both outputs would show the same behavior, and/or both connected receivers not supplying proper voltage. I'm wondering if it might be more likely that the vertical probe inside the throat might be shorted out by something? Like an insect nest or corrosion or deposits from a previous water leak or something. Since both outputs would be grabbing signal from the same probe, it seems possibly a problem with the probe itself.

I though it was odd too, that both outputs give no vertical. If it ever quits raining, I'll get out to the dish farm and have a look!

music choice

If I would have to guess Direct tv has something to do with this. Maybe Comcast lost the right to sell them. I have a hunch that they will disappear and not be uplinked anymore there. Now the thing is what will Comcast do with the extra bandwidth? More HD or possibly rent that space to SRL for other channels. We can all get DMX other places :)

comcast doesnt use dmx music channels for cable subs (not mine anyway). They use music choice. These channels are not mapped for 4dtv but still available using generic satelites, commercial receivers or a genpix tuner.

So what is the verdict. I steered my dish to W5 this evening and my 905 is not showing any of the DMX channels in the 800s, I tried a couple generics to no avail.
Is anyone else able to get 'em with a commercial receiver?

dmx still there

Im getting them with me genpix. didnt try them all just two or three on each transponder, but tsreader found a lot on 3880v. I havent tried a generic satellite yet,but im sure they are there

They are gone from the maps on my 922. No biggie I have other sources for them. :eek: The service numbers are sort of high on the DMX channels, Usually the generic maps don't do over 12 or 13 for the service numbers. I was looking at DMX on W5 the other day and some SN's were in the 20's.

Last edited:
Workin' fine here! DSR-920, just heard Nickelback on W5-825! :music:
I turned off the automatic go to G1 for updates thing, so I think they will stay mapped as long as I stay off G1 with it. If the 920 "unmaps" them, I've still got the DTE-7150 and the DSR-4200V here, that'll pull 'em in just fine. This is cool. :cool:
edit: they only work up to #834, higher channels 835 and up aren't there.:confused:
I can still tune them, but it gives no DC lock with the "Please Wait...."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)