R.I.P. DMX741 LNBF!

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Well, one of my last two DMX-741 LNBFs took a dump! That leaves only the one on my Winegard dish. Where is WSI when you need them!!! This one that quit working was on the Raydx and it's really funny how it went down. It was working flawlessly up until we got 11.5” of snow back about a month ago. That Raydx is a deep dish and although it was pointed at 139w, the lower half of it filled up with snow that didn't fall out like it did on the other two dishes I have. After I cleaned the Raydx off/out I had NO SIGNAL on any location I ran to both C and Ku. Initially I though maybe the weight of the snow had damaged that dish?

So I waited a week or so until the snow was gone and played with it again. What I found then was that it was intermittent as would work at receiver boot up but quit when I changed channels all while Q numbers when it was working were as good as my Winegard dish on the same sats and TPs. Hummm…………Nothing wrong with the dish then?

So I swapped out receivers, no change! I put a new switch on it to see if that would fix it, it didn't! Still would only lock a channel at receiver boot up? Took the switch out and went with coax direct to the receiver…….still did the same crap! Then I ran new coax out to the dish……...still didn't work??? :wtf :deadhorse2

Ennywho, I had an NS741(did I mention that I never liked those?) here in spare parts and after grinding the lip off the end of that so it would fit in my scaler ring (rolleyes) I mounted it, sloppy fit and all, and proceeded to test again. Good news is I have got C band stuff probably as good as before but bad news is, Ku not so much. This one won't lock ANY of the NBC Ku feeds on 103w now and the Q on other Ku TPs it will lock aren't above 60%. I'm going to tweak on it a little more once the weather warms up to see if I can get NBC on 103w again but I'm not optimistic that it will be any better.

Wishing now that I had bought about a dozen of those DMX 741 LNBFs when they were still available, but like so many other inexpensive parts they are long gone now!!! Like I said above, where is WSI and Robby when you need them???

Well, one of my last two DMX-741 LNBFs took a dump! That leaves only the one on my Winegard dish. Where is WSI when you need them!!! This one that quit working was on the Raydx and it's really funny how it went down. It was working flawlessly up until we got 11.5” of snow back about a month ago. That Raydx is a deep dish and although it was pointed at 139w, the lower half of it filled up with snow that didn't fall out like it did on the other two dishes I have. After I cleaned the Raydx off/out I had NO SIGNAL on any location I ran to both C and Ku. Initially I though maybe the weight of the snow had damaged that dish?

So I waited a week or so until the snow was gone and played with it again. What I found then was that it was intermittent as would work at receiver boot up but quit when I changed channels all while Q numbers when it was working were as good as my Winegard dish on the same sats and TPs. Hummm…………Nothing wrong with the dish then?

So I swapped out receivers, no change! I put a new switch on it to see if that would fix it, it didn't! Still would only lock a channel at receiver boot up? Took the switch out and went with coax direct to the receiver…….still did the same crap! Then I ran new coax out to the dish……...still didn't work??? :wtf :deadhorse2

Ennywho, I had an NS741(did I mention that I never liked those?) here in spare parts and after grinding the lip off the end of that so it would fit in my scaler ring (rolleyes) I mounted it, sloppy fit and all, and proceeded to test again. Good news is I have got C band stuff probably as good as before but bad news is, Ku not so much. This one won't lock ANY of the NBC Ku feeds on 103w now and the Q on other Ku TPs it will lock aren't above 60%. I'm going to tweak on it a little more once the weather warms up to see if I can get NBC on 103w again but I'm not optimistic that it will be any better.

Wishing now that I had bought about a dozen of those DMX 741 LNBFs when they were still available, but like so many other inexpensive parts they are long gone now!!! Like I said above, where is WSI and Robby when you need them???

Yoohoo, here it is again: Titanium Satellite - Store

Don't forget your "satguys save" code in the cart, and it'll give you a good savings of 15%.

Searched through my goody box and found this.

IMG_20190111_160317.jpg
IMG_20190111_160144.jpg

It's an Aspen Eagle V4000.

I don't see an actual noise figure number. It says Noise Grade "Gold"

64db gain on C-Band, 56db gain on Ku

Dual Polarity C/Ku

The scalar got separated from the feed, but it should fit any standard scalar. If memory serves me, I bought this, stuck it on a dish to see how it worked, and took it back off. Wasn't really that much in those days to watch in Ku. The paint's a little skinned up and dirty from being carried around in the truck box, but I'm sure it still works fine. I have no use for it and if you're interested, let me know. It's yours for the shipping if it suits your needs. :)

Searched through my goody box and found this.

View attachment 136683 View attachment 136684

It's an Aspen Eagle V4000.

I don't see an actual noise figure number. It says Noise Grade "Gold"

64db gain on C-Band, 56db gain on Ku

Dual Polarity C/Ku

The scalar got separated from the feed, but it should fit any standard scalar. If memory serves me, I bought this, stuck it on a dish to see how it worked, and took it back off. Wasn't really that much in those days to watch in Ku. The paint's a little skinned up and dirty from being carried around in the truck box, but I'm sure it still works fine. I have no use for it and if you're interested, let me know. It's yours for the shipping if it suits your needs. :)

PM sent! And Thanks!!

Wvman I got that LNBF today and I'll have to say it's a good looking well built piece! Now if it works as good as it looks we'll be in business and I'll be looking for two more! ;) Think I'll do an internet search and see what I can find out about them.

And thanks again.

How nice!
A file, published on a public forum, but only to be opened by a man with the password in PM :) ?

I fail to see the purpose of that, except it may be humor ;) .
But maybe I'm missing something?

Greetz,
A33
Only admins can attach stuff in PM. Looks like they found a work around. :eeek:spy

Only admins can attach stuff in PM. Looks like they found a work around. :eeek:spy

Actually, it was a reciept for an LNBF I sent Lone Gunman. Didn't want to make the information on the postal receipt for the shipping public. It would be handy to be able to attach a file in PM for incidents such as this. :)

So many ways to share files nowadays (also on other forums), and they choose this way?
Yeah, creative. :)

Has someone already started his password-cracker-program? ;)

greetz,
A33

Since there was no algorithm used to generate that PW, it couldn't be cracked using one. :) Hacking isn't allowed in here. LOL :D

Wvman I got that LNBF today and I'll have to say it's a good looking well built piece! Now if it works as good as it looks we'll be in business and I'll be looking for two more! ;) Think I'll do an internet search and see what I can find out about them.

And thanks again.

Let me dig around a bit more. Never know what I may find in the goody pile in the building. I don't have time right now with family medical issues, but I'll check as soon as possible and let you know. :) I feel confident you'll have no issues with it working. If you do, let me know and I'll refund your shipping.

Let me dig around a bit more. Never know what I may find in the goody pile in the building. I don't have time right now with family medical issues, but I'll check as soon as possible and let you know. :) I feel confident you'll have no issues with it working. If you do, let me know and I'll refund your shipping.

Well, the way the weather has been and looks to be here in the near future it's going to be a while before I get a chance to test this one. So don't go looking too much until I see how this one is going to perform. ;)

Thanks

Well, the way the weather has been and looks to be here in the near future it's going to be a while before I get a chance to test this one. So don't go looking too much until I see how this one is going to perform. ;)

Thanks

I need to scour my goody pile anyway, so it gives me an opportunity to look for specific items. If I don't have any others, I have a friend about 18 miles away that has a goody pile you wouldn't believe. The last time I got together with him, he had 5 brand new 1500lb actuators and 4 1200lb actuators on the shelf. He offered all to me for $500 if I took the whole lot.

Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do to help you. :) Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts