DMX

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has not worked ?

On W5 420 a channel I subed. Powered down receiver took a hit and in the map has K1, W5, R4, F1 etc. what channel are you using on W5. :confused:

OK forget the way you were doing it with autopeak. This Icon I do not believe comes from the channel maps off of G1 but it is coming from the "HITS" data-stream so the receiver would not know where it would actually go, think of it as what they call a "generic icon". You place it where you want it to go.
to get the best use of it just follow these few steps.

1) take your dish to W5 and get a good signal lock
2) hit options-6-4-4 on your remote and highlight the AI icon.
3) Press "Go Back" on the remote to save AI.

(AI is just a few channels from W5 that may be a testing feature or it could be where they will keep the DMX channels on, no official word has been told yet exactly what is going on)
W5 is still there and no you don't just drop W5.

AI IS NOT a new satellite it is only a New Icon, put in the receiver and for now those who wanted their DMX channels can use it to listen to the music.

It's that simple.
Enjoy!

On W5 420 a channel I subed. Powered down receiver took a hit and in the map has K1, W5, R4, F1 etc. what channel are you using on W5. :confused:
Are you using a 920 or a 922 receiver?
Those are what I have and tried it on as have others.
I don't think it matters what channel you are on.
Also did you hit the options button on the remote(then press)
6-4-4 to make sure it was not on your satellite list?

No it is not on the list have A1 but no AI ? I have a 920 receiver. Left receiver power down for 1 hour. got a hit from W5 went and loaded the guide and went back to W5 for more hits. I wonder if my problem is only subscribing to the basic package ?
I have another 920 as a spare but a hassle to change receivers. :confused:

Are you using a 920 or a 922 receiver?
Those are what I have and tried it on as have others.
I don't think it matters what channel you are on.
Also did you hit the options button on the remote(then press)
6-4-4 to make sure it was not on your satellite list?

My 922 loaded AI from W5. I'm not sure when it appeared. I know the designation has been in use for a while because that's what my 410s have been displaying.

I haven't seen any changes using it. I don't have enough free memory left to remember the channel numbers either, so I leave it on W5.

No it is not on the list have A1 but no AI ? I have a 920 receiver. Left receiver power down for 1 hour. got a hit from W5 went and loaded the guide and went back to W5 for more hits. I wonder if my problem is only subscribing to the basic package ?

I wonder if your TDT count is at 1920.
If so then this could be causing the problem.

This seems odd. I have a 920 that has no subs right now, and I had it disconnected from the dish. Day before yesterday I re-connected the coax, was on W5, and AI appeared, nearly immmediately in the satellite list! :eek:
No resets, unplugs, nothing...it just was there. :D:up

If your 920 /922/ or 921 receiver reaches a TDT count of 1920 then the receiver needs to have a master reset done to it.
These receivers were not made with sufficient memory built in them and this has been a known issue with these receivers for many years.

To see what your TDT count is you need to go into the diagnostic screen "G" using your remote press options-6-0-5 then use the right or left arrow key on the remote to find Diagnostic screen G. Look on the top line in the center and if that number in the middle of the top line shows 1920 then your memory is maxed out on the receiver and only a master reset will fix this problem.
A maxed out TDT count of 1920 can do some weird things to the receiver and one of them is that it will not allow the addition of any new satellite icons.

Receiving the AI icon has nothing to do with taking a hit on W5 or having a subscription to any service on W5. I received the AI icon on a 921 unauthorized Canadian receiver. My 921 has not had a subscription to anything for the past 6 years.

Diagnostic Screen G Top line on my receiver....

5113 68 0 0 1756 68 68 0 700

1756 is the TDT count if this number shows 1920 then you need to do a master reset of the receiver.

700 is the channel number that the receiver is currently on

My TDT count on my 922 is well into the upper 4000 range and works fine. It mapped in whatever is there from W5 over the past 2 years.

The TDT count can not go any higher than 1920 that is the max it can reach,
you must be looking at the wrong number on the diagnostic screen G.

I my main and spare receivers the TDT is 1714 . I just reset spare receiver to get W5 the interesting thing is DMX tunes are still mapped. I have decided to keep the EPG off and not visit G1. That will keep Motorola from remapping receiver. I have 2 920 receivers on one dish for testing. still no AI shown on ether receiver. The DMX did not work until receiver got a hit on W5. Will switch receivers and use one as main receiver with DMX. My spare has been off for years and still taking hits :confused:

The TDT count can not go any higher than 1920 that is the max it can reach,
you must be looking at the wrong number on the diagnostic screen G.

Kind of strange that they won't map them if they're continuing to uplink them. How would any service find them without the mapping?

Do not know why but both have not added AI ? Looked this morning and NO CHANGE on both receivers possibly the 922 maps better ? I finally got the 4play.exe program.:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)