DMX

Status
Please reply by conversation.
im still unsure why these got unmapped ??? my old maps still tune them. its funny. i have had the all movies sub for the last 2 months. since these have been unmapped i havent let my 4d tuners see anything but the dmx streams. im not sure ill sub to anything if its gonna kill my tunes. what a business decision that was. i really think moto is trying to kill the big dish.

crackt out,.

All the DMX channels still fine on my 920 (even with the flakey LNBF- it's just to hot out to change it right now). The one thing I noticed, since keeping my 920 off DCII streams at night, was the clock was losing time. It was like 4 minutes slow the other day. :eek: Went to W5 DMX...still mapped & working so far... and the time corrected itself, but I didn't lose DMX. I'm just glad they're still uplinked. :D
After reading the news about 4DTV, I'm going to get the DSR-410/Baby-C system up, running and subbed very soon!

No DMX

I have a 920 and when the receiver remapped on program guide DMX went away. Was really bummed out. I am receiving tunes 41 on amc6 74w GB at 3927 ghz using sv8000hd receiver. It appears that they have left Digicypher and went to DVB, need a ac3 decoder on receiver to make it work. Some video channels are free there too. :confused:

I have a 920 and when the receiver remapped on program guide DMX went away. Was really bummed out. I am receiving tunes 41 on amc6 74w GB at 3927 ghz using sv8000hd receiver. It appears that they have left Digicypher and went to DVB, need a ac3 decoder on receiver to make it work. Some video channels are free there too. :confused:

DMX is still on W5 just not mapped in anymore.

I have just received a DSR4200 and when the remote control arrives will try to receive DMX on that. Lyngsat says G14 still has tunes on TP10. I am detecting a digicypher 2 signal on that TP. I have a DSR4200 and manual but can get it to decode yet. The FTA receivers appear easier to use. I am receiving music now as mentioned in earlier post. :confused:

I have just received a DSR4200 and when the remote control arrives will try to receive DMX on that. Lyngsat says G14 still has tunes on TP10. I am detecting a digicypher 2 signal on that TP. I have a DSR4200 and manual but can get it to decode yet. The FTA receivers appear easier to use. I am receiving music now as mentioned in earlier post. :confused:
My DSR-4200V is mapped for those tunes right now. :D:up

That "C" model should work on the G14 MusicChoice, but I doubt that it will work on the G17 DMX stuff. Seems like there is another mux with DCII music, but I forget where it is.
The thing about the various 4200 models is that the "V" model will do all the common SR values. The "B" and "C" models will generally do the 19510 SR, but only do like 2 of the lower SR values, and don't do the 29270 SR either. So it's not likely that the "C" model will do the 7250 SR on the G17 DMX. When you get the remote, go in and see what SR values it has in it's memory, because I forget just which values it can do. I have a "V" and "B". Unless someone here already knows, it might be handy to create a chart showing what SR values the various models will do. I'll check out my "B" model.

EDIT: ERROR... ERROR.... I was wrong above. The G17 DMX is apparently DVB, not DCII. I know I've seen a DCII version of the DMX somewhere, but I can't remember where right now. I thought that I've seen both DVB and DCII on G17, but I can't find a DCII right now. I must have been confusing the mux on G17 with the music on AMC18, which should work fine too, since it's 19510.

Last edited:
Additional info:

I just went down and checked out the "B" and "V" models.

The 4200V does the following:
29270, 19510, 14360, 9760, 7320, 4880, 3250, 2440, 1830

The 4200B does the following:
19510, 4880, 3250

I used to know what the "C" model did, but I forget.

EDIT: deleted false info about G17 mux....

Anyway, when you find out what SR values the "C" model does, post them, and we can put together a chart that people looking to buy one can use to decide if it will do what they want.

Last edited:
The C model if I remember correctly only does 19510 symbol rate. One of the 4200's I bought (the doorstop) if I remember only did 19510. I know I couldnt change the s/r to lock OETA (when they were on 79W at 4880 s/r)

For 920/921/922 & 4200 users...
I did the following and am receiving the DMX channels on W5.

On a 922 after a soft reset, (unplug the receiver and plug it back in again),
Channel count under (options-6-5) went to 4973 while on Satellite G1.
The 922 was on W5 for the last several days and only today did I notice that a new satellite icon called A I was on my list of satellites (options-6-4-4) directly to the right of W5. See below for more on this satellite. While sitting on G1 this icon did not disappear but since I had programmed it in beforehand I have no idea if satellite G1 has it on that data-stream. Channel count on the 922 is now at 4978.

Program in AI at the W5 slot! This is a New C-band satellite do not confuse it with A1 which is the *Choice satellite and that is a ku sat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the 920 after a soft reset channel count on satellite G0 the was 4756 then went to 4749. No new satellites were added on satellite G0. This receiver was on W1 for the past several days and no changes were made to the maps while there.
After going to satellite W5-411 channel count jumped to 5138 .
This 389 channel increase is the addition of a new satellite icon directly to the right of the W5 icon named (AI) not A1 but A I .
This satellite has a bunch of channels on it at it seems to include the DMX channels at the 900 range. This satellite did not come off the G0 data stream but only on the W5 data- stream. (Trees prevent this dish from getting a signal from G1.)

I have no idea where the extra 160 channels are from on the 920.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 921 *Choice receiver picked up the AI icon on July 17th while checking out a few things and it was also on satellite W5 at the time.
The channel count on the 921 is at 4805 under (options-6-5) on G1
The channel count while slaved to the 922 at the new AI satellite is 4810
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The channel maps do not appear to change on the DMX channels on AI.
The channel maps do change while on AI-200 but not on the 900 channels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the DSR 4200 V you can find the DMX channels on W5 at
1190.000 19.51 3/4 0-63
1270.000 19.51 3/4 0-71
1330.000 19.51 3/4 0-166
1350.000 19.51 3/4 0-72
1410.000 19.51 3/4 0-65
This info the 4200 users will know what to do with.

For 920/921/922 & 4200 users...
I did the following and am receiving the DMX channels on W5.

On a 922 after a soft reset, (unplug the receiver and plug it back in again),
Channel count under (options-6-5) went to 4973 while on Satellite G1.
The 922 was on W5 for the last several days and only today did I notice that a new satellite icon called A I was on my list of satellites (options-6-4-4) directly to the right of W5. See below for more on this satellite. While sitting on G1 this icon did not disappear but since I had programmed it in beforehand I have no idea if satellite G1 has it on that data-stream. Channel count on the 922 is now at 4978.

Program in AI at the W5 slot! This is a New C-band satellite do not confuse it with A1 which is the *Choice satellite and that is a ku sat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the 920 after a soft reset channel count on satellite G0 the was 4756 then went to 4749. No new satellites were added on satellite G0. This receiver was on W1 for the past several days and no changes were made to the maps while there.
After going to satellite W5-411 channel count jumped to 5138 .
This 389 channel increase is the addition of a new satellite icon directly to the right of the W5 icon named (AI) not A1 but A I .
This satellite has a bunch of channels on it at it seems to include the DMX channels at the 900 range. This satellite did not come off the G0 data stream but only on the W5 data- stream. (Trees prevent this dish from getting a signal from G1.)

I have no idea where the extra 160 channels are from on the 920.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 921 *Choice receiver picked up the AI icon on July 17th while checking out a few things and it was also on satellite W5 at the time.
The channel count on the 921 is at 4805 under (options-6-5) on G1
The channel count while slaved to the 922 at the new AI satellite is 4810
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The channel maps do not appear to change on the DMX channels on AI.
The channel maps do change while on AI-200 but not on the 900 channels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the DSR 4200 V you can find the DMX channels on W5 at
1190.000 19.51 3/4 0-63
1270.000 19.51 3/4 0-71
1330.000 19.51 3/4 0-166
1350.000 19.51 3/4 0-72
1410.000 19.51 3/4 0-65
This info the 4200 users will know what to do with.

Very interesting looks like this will be the new W5 using Comcasts SAC for the 4DTV. I hope it's all a go that would be great :)

remap

My 920 just remapped 2 weeks ago and that is when DMX w5 went away sounds like need to do a manual map. I looked for AI but is not on my map. Thanks for the info :confused:

G17 is DMX I am listening to it now. The older FTA receivers need a AC3 decoder of wire it into a surround sound amp with ac3. There are still some 4DTV channels. I keep my 4DTV on 752 to take hits when on DMX. :D

That "C" model should work on the G14 MusicChoice, but I doubt that it will work on the G17 DMX stuff. Seems like there is another mux with DCII music, but I forget where it is.
The thing about the various 4200 models is that the "V" model will do all the common SR values. The "B" and "C" models will generally do the 19510 SR, but only do like 2 of the lower SR values, and don't do the 29270 SR either. So it's not likely that the "C" model will do the 7250 SR on the G17 DMX. When you get the remote, go in and see what SR values it has in it's memory, because I forget just which values it can do. I have a "V" and "B". Unless someone here already knows, it might be handy to create a chart showing what SR values the various models will do. I'll check out my "B" model.

EDIT: ERROR... ERROR.... I was wrong above. The G17 DMX is apparently DVB, not DCII. I know I've seen a DCII version of the DMX somewhere, but I can't remember where right now. I thought that I've seen both DVB and DCII on G17, but I can't find a DCII right now. I must have been confusing the mux on G17 with the music on AMC18, which should work fine too, since it's 19510.

Is it possible to remap a 920 or 922 if G0 can not be seen using W5 or other bird ? Possibly this would add AI satellite too. :confused:

I basically was saying....
W5 is where the mapping for AI takes place. I tried to see if it was on satellite G0 and it was not there. I could not tell if it is being uploaded on G1 but I doubt it since I have heard no one say they loaded it there.

Go to W5 and leave it sit on a DCII channel for awhile, 30 minutes to an hour should be sufficient then hit options 6-4-4 and see iif you have AI next to the W5 icon. If so map it at W5. AI & W5 are the same satellite but with different programming on it. AI has the DMX channels from 900 on. The other channels appear to be duplicates of what is on the W5 icon.

If after sitting on W5 for an hour you do not get the AI icon then you need to do a soft reset, (unplug the receiver and plug it back in again) and let it sit on W5.

I have received the AI icon on the 920/922 and a 921 receiver.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
So far, getting Icon....now, thought the 4D would know where to go as it does with other satellites on "autopeak" but..it placed it next to G-1, just a few counts away from the "real" G-1.

In the old days, I "mapped" back in the 80's with non digital stuff for old receivers, told 'em when to put reverse polarity in memory and such, but I'm a bit confused as to how to actually TELL the 922 about the correct position for the new satellite. Also not sure I understood properly that we keep the OLD W-5 in place, or just drop it with all progamming duplicated?

Thanks again. If I haven't said it in awhile, this is the most helpful and probably the most polite forum/board I've ever used on the web, and is much appreciated!

So far, getting Icon....now, thought the 4D would know where to go as it does with other satellites on "autopeak" but..it placed it next to G-1, just a few counts away from the "real" G-1.

In the old days, I "mapped" back in the 80's with non digital stuff for old receivers, told 'em when to put reverse polarity in memory and such, but I'm a bit confused as to how to actually TELL the 922 about the correct position for the new satellite. Also not sure I understood properly that we keep the OLD W-5 in place, or just drop it with all progamming duplicated?

Thanks again. If I haven't said it in awhile, this is the most helpful and probably the most polite forum/board I've ever used on the web, and is much appreciated!

OK forget the way you were doing it with autopeak. This Icon I do not believe comes from the channel maps off of G1 but it is coming from the "HITS" data-stream so the receiver would not know where it would actually go, think of it as what they call a "generic icon". You place it where you want it to go.
to get the best use of it just follow these few steps.

1) take your dish to W5 and get a good signal lock
2) hit options-6-4-4 on your remote and highlight the AI icon.
3) Press "Go Back" on the remote to save AI.

(AI is just a few channels from W5 that may be a testing feature or it could be where they will keep the DMX channels on, no official word has been told yet exactly what is going on)
W5 is still there and no you don't just drop W5.

AI IS NOT a new satellite it is only a New Icon, put in the receiver and for now those who wanted their DMX channels can use it to listen to the music.

It's that simple.
Enjoy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)