DMX

Status
Please reply by conversation.
W5 has maps too Euro sometimes they add channels back that get lost from G1. I'm on it now and there not coming back. Channel count is 4830. The thing is will Hits turn them off or not? Like I said I actually have 2 other sources still for DMX so it ain't a big deal. ;)

Watch out with turning off the auto update thing. I have mine always turned off sometime flakes out and turns it on. I have gotten screwed before when I thought it was off.

Last edited:
I don't have auto updates as I have a 905 but my wife went over to G1 to watch Cinemax before I realized there was an issue with DMX.

So at 58° they are available, are they the same channels?

W5 has maps too Euro sometimes they add channels back that get lost from G1. I'm on it now and there not coming back. Channel count is 4830. The thing is will Hits turn them off or not? Like I said I actually have 2 other sources still for DMX so it ain't a big deal. ;)

Watch out with turning off the auto update thing. I have mine always turned off sometime flakes out and turns it on. I have gotten screwed before when I thought it was off.
I just parked mine on G4-17, the Buena-Vista analog feed channel. No chance of any DCII "mumbo-jumbo" going on during the night that way! :D:up

im still pounding all of the dmx channels. all the way to 856. my 922 aint getting hit for a while and my 905 is parkt. ill sell my 920 cheap. god bless the 4dtv.

crackt out,.

maps can download anytime

I just parked mine on G4-17, the Buena-Vista analog feed channel. No chance of any DCII "mumbo-jumbo" going on during the night that way! :D:up

It doesnt matter what time it is, If you go to G1 the maps will download will download. Thats why many people where having problems back whenn x4 was in service. They would leave x4 and switch to a satelite like c3 and while the receiver was still in ku mode the dish would pass over a starchoice satellite, it would start to download and bingo memmory overflow.

Last edited:
They took DMX off my 922 when I wasn't looking. :(
The info on Lyngsat is correct, except it's DVB and not DCII as shown.
The channels on Galaxy 17 are at a slightly higher bit rate, 141 Kbps compared to 136 Kbps on W5.

I wonder if CA generic can get DMX, it has service ID's into the 30's. Needed for that other mux :D Time for 4Play to make a comeback :up

They took DMX off my 922 when I wasn't looking. :(

They got me too and I don't know when. I've been parked on a Generic mux mostly the last few weeks but have let my dish update on G1 for the Guide nightly. They must have took me out while I was asleep :( Dirty dogs:rant:

Glad I have 2 other sources for DMX hahaha... ;) Didn't stop this hobbiest Motorola and DMX :eek:

Parking on an all analog bird or one without any DC signals (I use W7 when looking not to be hit) will work. But the maps are on any movie channel and active on W5. If they weren't active on W5 you would be good to go. What will probably happen is they will get you when your listening to DMX. When you change channels they will be all gone :( I've seen how the 4D works.

It's best any more Generic Map talk about DMX be posted WUT not in this thread. See WUT members for some goodies by me.

I wonder if someone familiar with all these various music channels could summarize how they're related to each other. After reading through this thread, I decided to go to AMC-18 to make sure I could still receiver these "DMX" channels. I just happened to turn it on to a music channel that I happened to have playing at the same time on my DirecTV system. Same music exactly, although it sounded better on the HITs transponders.
Anyway, I'm just confused relative to what companies are putting up these various channels. The DirecTV music channels are supposed to be from a company called SONC but they apparently have the same music as these DMX channels.

Anyway, are SONC and DMX related somehow, or do they just get the music from the same 3rd source?

Sonic and DMX are the same company...

I guess they didn't want to use the name DMX as it made people think of Digital Cable...

Sonic and DMX are the same company...

I guess they didn't want to use the name DMX as it made people think of Digital Cable...

OK, Thanks, interesting. Darn DirecTV has switched companies so often over the last few years, it's hard to keep track of them. I thought that maybe they had switched again. Seems like they used to be Music Choice, then XM then Sirius, then this SONC.

The channels on Galaxy 17 are at a slightly higher bit rate, 141 Kbps compared to 136 Kbps on W5.
Wow, sure can't tell that from listening. but that's not too much difference.
To me, the DCII versions on W5 still have a better sound.
Most of them are comparable, but there's a couple on G17 that sound distorted, like a small portable radio turned up too loud.

but there's a couple on G17 that sound distorted, like a small portable radio turned up too loud.

Which ones on G17 sound bad to you Euro? I'll check them on my Visionsat with my Yamaha's Ac-3, DD decoder through my Home Theater 10 speaker sound :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)