DTV gemini

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, those (myself) Included with a hr54 --are free to add an external wireless bridge. to any genie --the only reason would be if you wanted or needed a wireless 4k mini --Should anyone have a location they could not get a wire to.

That's why the invitation was extended to current HS-17 owners -NOT as a slight -because they didn't want to send additional equipment out and cause more service calls.
so they fedex the gemini's and we install them???

Reactions: vazhog
so they fedex the gemini's and we install them???
From the page linked to on the original post:

A seamless upgrade
Set up Gemini yourself and start watching in minutes. Delivery is free and you keep all existing TV settings, current DVR content and scheduled recordings when you upgrade to Gemini.

Reactions: John2021
I think connecting the Gemini to the HR-54/44 will be a problem if a person orders one thinking they can hook it to the HR-54/44 over WIFI then find out they can't, if and don't have a WVB. Unless when it's available the product page says WIFI connection requires a WVB?

If they ever make the DTV as a true client replacement I wonder if that will be better than the Gemini box? Unless using the channel numbers and previous buttons on the remote would be missed?

If they ever make the DTV as a true client replacement I wonder if that will be better than the Gemini box? Unless using the channel numbers and previous buttons on the remote would be missed?
Ide love to see a whole genie makeover. But good luck with that

Reactions: Jimbo
How long would the APPS on the Gemini boxes get supported and updated after that happened?
we don't know until that happens if it happens. i bet it will support the DTV stream app if it ever does happen!!! i refused the gemini boxes to new and bugs and glitches in them!!! i'll stay with my HS-17 and my 4K mini's it's bulletproof :)

i bet the gemini boxes will be turned over into streaming boxes later on, i just have a hunch about it
The Gemini *is* a streaming box, isn't it? Isn't it the exact same thing as the DirecTV Stream box (code named Osprey, model C71KW), except loaded with slightly different software so that it acts like a Genie Mini instead of a standalone box? That's what it looks like to me. But either way, it runs their customized version of Android TV with lots of popular apps.

The Gemini *is* a streaming box, isn't it? Isn't it the exact same thing as the DirecTV Stream box (code named Osprey, model C71KW), except loaded with slightly different software so that it acts like a Genie Mini instead of a standalone box? That's what it looks like to me. But either way, it runs their customized version of Android TV with lots of popular apps.
yes it is

Reactions: NashGuy
yes it is
For satellite customers using a Gemini and who then decide in the future to switch to the streaming version of the service, they might be able to just run a software update on the Gemini so that it could then be used as a standalone DTV Stream box. Maybe they'll even figure out a way to convert satellite recordings from the Genie DVR over to cloud DVR recordings so that you wouldn't lose anything when you switch...

I wonder if the PQ on the AppleTV 4k box would better and use the DTV APP or DTV Stream on it instead of the Gemini or the DTV Stream or the possible 4k pendant coming out? However, you wouldn't have the remote with channel numbers and the back button.

Also, before when I meant if DTV Stream going under, and you had their box or that 4k pendant would those be supported and updated for years after?

I hope it's true. I wonder if it will output to 4k over HDMI? Unless they stick with the headless server? They did awhile back talk about a future HS-27.

The last installer I talked to said they were going to launch another Satellite. LOL.

Reactions: Carlos MineBoi
I hope it's true. I wonder if it will output to 4k over HDMI? Unless they stick with the headless server? They did awhile back talk about a future HS-27.

The last installer I talked to said they were going to launch another Satellite. LOL.
i hope it's true also!!!!!!! i'm wondering what it's going to look like will it be like the HR 54 or the HS 17??? i know a few people want an HR 54 that can output 4K over HDMI without a mini!!! i heard the new genie will be wireless so who in the hell knows. this crap has been driven into the ground and is dated in today's world...
i'm wondering when there going to launch the new bird in space LOL there hasn't been any talks about other than ATT yelling and screaming that they wern't doing it no more!!!! hugh maybe TGP is investing $$$ into it...

I didn't believe what the installed said. In addition to it outputting to 4k over HDMI thought would be cool if it was small and thin. Maybe even have a new GUI along with streaming APPS.

talked to an installer today and he said there releasing a new genie. it's gonna have to google voice remotes and 10 tuners. i'll be on the lookout for this if it's true who knows!!! he called it the genie 2.5 but he was unsure of the name. if it's true he said it sould be out in june or july
Installers are famous for having no clue what they are talking about.

talked to an installer today and he said there releasing a new genie. it's gonna have to google voice remotes and 10 tuners. i'll be on the lookout for this if it's true who knows!!! he called it the genie 2.5 but he was unsure of the name. if it's true he said it sould be out in june or july
You post a lot of these I heard from….. at both here and the other site (Krel), they never come true, CSRs and installers would be the ones furthest away from any new info.

i'm wondering when there going to launch the new bird in space LOL there hasn't been any talks about other than ATT yelling and screaming that they wern't doing it no more!!!! hugh maybe TGP is investing $$$ into it...
The evidence shows that since they are losing so many subscribers , why should they put money into a dying service.

First off, if they were going to do that (build), they needed to start doing that 2 years ago, it is about a 4 year timeframe to a contract with a builder, design, build, launch a new satellite.

Their own words ( AT&T), when they announced they will never build/launch a new satellite, shows they know it will soon be the end.

TPG only owns 30% of the company, AT&T still owns 70%, why would TPG put that kind of money forward when they only are a minority owner.

Reactions: John2021 and comp9