Edision OS Mio 4K first impressions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I used to have a long wire antenna outside, but either the wind or collision with a large bird broke it. I can't put it in my attic because the roof has foil backed insulation inside.

Does someone have a screenshot handy of the SDR program running on an OS Mio?

Here are a few screenshots of the Enigma2 Radio running on the OS Mio 4k. The program works well for FM broadcast and simple service listening. The plugin would greatly benefit from someone with Linux skills to help add direct key entry, s-meter, squelch, etc. :)

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

This is very interesting. I already have a RTL- SDR dongle for amateur radio use. I never realized applications such as these with a satellite receiver.

I got my 950Q dongle yesterday but I may experiment with the RTL- SDR first. This might make a nice show and tell at the club meeting.

Reactions: Titanium
Does someone have a screenshot handy of the SDR program running on an OS Mio?
I don't have the MIO, so I don't have the
TNAP image to play with. I'm using an Octagon sf4008 with the SatDreamGR 6 image, after seeing Brian's screenshots I can see the TNAP image is more loaded than the SatDreamGR 6 image? So far I've only been able to listen to FM local stations. Here are some screenshots from the sf4008:
RTL-SDR-01.jpg
RTL-SDR-02.jpg

Plugins page
RTL-SDR-03.jpg

FM with RDS On
RTL-SDR-04.jpg

FM with RDS Off
RTL-SDR-05.jpg

Menu page
RTL-SDR-06.jpg

Info page
RTL-SDR-07.jpg
RTL-SDR-08.jpg

Log page
RTL-SDR-09.jpg
RTL-SDR-10.jpg

Hope this is some use to anyone..!!!!

Al

Reactions: N6BY and Corrado
When in the Sdr Plugin, Press the Red Button to swap between modes (FM, NFM, LSB, USB, AM, DAB).

Press CH +/- to allow kc tuning resolution for NFM, AM, SSB.

Press Green to save current Frequency and mode to the selected memory.

Press Menu to enter settings screen, Green to save settings.

Reactions: primestar31
When in the Sdr Plugin, Press the Red Button to swap between modes (FM, NFM, LSB, USB, AM, DAB)..
I can do this and have...
EDIT:
My options are, FM, AM, LSB, USB, and DAB/DAB+

Press CH +/- to allow kc tuning resolution for NFM, AM, SSB..
All this does for me, is increase or decrease the frequency up or down

Press Green to save current Frequency and mode to the selected memory..
This works, but only the FM is good to me. AM, if I new the correct number to use for say 940 AM, maybe I could get it to work? I have tried 0.9400; 9.4; 94.0; 940.0 and none have worked? I haven't tried any of the other modulations yet...

Press Menu to enter settings screen, Green to save settings.
The 6th screenshot in my above post, is my MENU page. As you can see it's very different from yours? Basically there is nothing to save, or change really?
This screenshot:
RTL-SDR-06.jpg

THANKS for trying to help Brian..!!

Al

I don't have the MIO, so I don't have the
TNAP image to play with. I'm using an Octagon sf4008 with the SatDreamGR 6 image, after seeing Brian's screenshots I can see the TNAP image is more loaded than the SatDreamGR 6 image? So far I've only been able to listen to FM local stations.
Hope this is some use to anyone..!!!!

Al
Thanks for the screenshots. Is that 1TB solid state drive internally mounted or do you have to hang it off the back?

This works, but only the FM is good to me. AM, if I new the correct number to use for say 940 AM, maybe I could get it to work? I have tried 0.9400; 9.4; 94.0; 940.0 and none have worked? I haven't tried any of the other modulations yet...

The common RTL SDR devices don't tune down low enough to receive AM broadcasts. (Unless you have one that's been modified to support direct sampling, *and* the software supports it.)

Reactions: Titanium
This one referenced earlier by primestar31 supports direct sampling and goes down to 500 KHz:

Amazon product ASIN B0129EBDS2
Correct, the Enigma2 Radio plugin on the mio 4k supports the ability to enable direct sampling with the RTL-SDR Blog model dongle. No downconverter is necessary with this specific dongle to tune down to AM broadcast band if Direct Sampling is enabled in the menu. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts