Edision OS Mio+ 4k Now Available at Hypermegasat

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
A big thank you to HyperMegaSat for importing and stocking the Edision OS Mio Plus 4K STBs! Casey and I spoke a few months ago about his interest in offering the Edision STBs on the Hypermegasat website. I am happy to announce that the OS Mio Plus 4K STBs are now in stock and preloaded with The North America Project image. Edision OS Mio Plus 4K

As some of you know, a while back I had made a decision to focus primarily on LNBF and other rf projects. As a result of this business direction, Titanium Satellite will no longer be stocking STBs. It is rewarding to know that the project to develop and provide the best receiver hardware and OS image solution for North American hobbyist will continue to thrive. For me, supporting Engima2, TNAP and importing the Edision OS Mio STBs was never about profit. It was the belief that a better experience could be developed for North American satellite hobbyists. A move away from annual buying of STBs based on the same chipset and programmed with the limited features that the developer felt were important.

Fortunately, there are many others out there that feel the same way. A big thank you to El Bandido for his past and future support of the TNAP project. The Edision OS Mio is a great STB, but because of his tireless efforts, the TNAP image introduced a North American tailored experience of the Engima2 OS to many hobbyist, who had previously only used appliance STBs. TNAP has proven to provide an excellent introduction and hobbyist centric experience for North American FTA satellite viewer. Thank you El Bandido for your hundreds if not thousands of hours of coding, testing and supporting The North American Project. If it wasn't for El Bandido, the Edision OS Mio would have likely been just another batch of European STBs that really didn't meet our wants and needs.

Thank you to everyone who supports Enigma2 and TNAP. A few years ago, satellite hobbyists struggled with the restrictions of appliance STBs using closed source operating systems. I was unhappy with the features and functions offered by the appliance STB platforms as I worked to develop a new generation of capable hobbyist STBs. We experienced some of the potential of the newer hardware and ability to optimize for the hobbyists, but struggled with maintaining a reliable experience within the Android OS. Today, we have many open source Enigma2 based images that optimize the experience based on the needs and contributions of the user.

It is an exciting time for hobbyists as we are able to contribute to the open source images and explore the capabilities of our hardware.

Good luck Casey! Thank You for believing in the Edision OS Mio STB and TNAP!

Thank you guys, i am glad to have a good friend in this industry like Brian, who connected me to Edision, and helped me every step of the way, and another good friend like El Bandido for TNAP (The North America Project) which helped make the user experience easier for everyone, including me.

Sorry to report some bad news, but check this screenshot from the official Edision website. Showing the "Last Stock" banner for the OS Mio+ 4K DVB-S2X + S2.

So, we ordered more of these, and we have them in stock right now at HyperMegaSat.com, but no idea if we will be able to stock these again after this.

Likely, the stock we have now will be the last. I am awaiting a reply from the folks at Edision about this, and will let you all know what i hear.

Also, they (Edision) are running out of AAA batteries, LOL.

Attachments

• Edision Last Stock OS Mio+ 4K.png
    Edision Last Stock OS Mio+ 4K.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 118
The Edision OS Mio+ is my first choice for a satellite receiver as I just proved by buying one recently. I've read about a newish Edision OS Mini 4K S2X which sounds similar to the Mio+. This is a new version of the former Mini. If the Mio+ units become impossible to get, I wonder if the Mini could be sourced?

A key difference is the OS Mini 4K S2X has only one tuner:
Edision OS Mini 4K S2X

Edision OS Mio+ 4K​

Purchase a Edision OS Mio+ 4K FTA Satellite Receiver (on sale save $20) + Get a FREE Spare Remote!

Only for Satellite Guys members!

Add both to your cart.

Then enter this coupon code at checkout

FREE ED1-RCU

Only works with the Edision EDI-RCU UNIVERSAL 1 ALU Remote Control OS Mio 4K - Grey

HyperMegaSat.com

Edision OS Mio+ 4K​

Purchase a Edision OS Mio+ 4K FTA Satellite Receiver (on sale save $20) + Get a FREE Spare Remote!

Only for Satellite Guys members!

Add both to your cart.

Then enter this coupon code at checkout

FREE ED1-RCU

Only works with the Edision EDI-RCU UNIVERSAL 1 ALU Remote Control OS Mio 4K - Grey

HyperMegaSat.com
Can you ship it to Canada ?

He will ship to Canada as long as you pay for shipping. Shipping across the border goes smoothly. I've ordered several times from Hypermegasat. He's my "go to guy" if he has what I need. Get the Edision Mio+ (two tuner model). You won't regret. And you won't find it new for sale in Canada.

Reactions: Hyper Casey
OK. Sent you an email Ime with the ship costs and also explaining about the FREE spare remote. The FREE remote deal expired on 5/22. But i will honor this for you and include that free remote control with your order.

AND since i never posted about the expiration date in my original post above, the deal for Satellite Guys members has been re-newed buy ONLY until June 5th, or while supply's last. So the coupon code should be working again.

Just ordered one here too, my old one is feeling it's age, the network connection is getting intermittent and I use it mainly for streaming. I see there were two left... now one.

Reactions: jorgek and cyberham
These (Edision OS MIO+ 4K S2X) are out of stock now at HyperMegaSat.com, and we can no longer get them, BUT, we do have a shipment of Edision OS MINI 4K S2X on the way and should arrive Monday 8/3/23. And these will be more affordable for everyone.

Casey
HyperMegaSat

Well, As long as I can't place this post in items for sale, i will do it here:
The osmio4k+ I boughted from Hypermegasat last june was for my friend who now doesn't like it as being to complicated (?) for him. So now he asked me to list it for sale for $200, shipping included in the price. Shipping in North America only.
Thank you.