ESPN Monday Night Football is Not so good

Status
Please reply by conversation.
vurbano said:
My computer has no rainbows. Neither does my TV. The frame grabs prove that the TV is infact accurate. I also have an HD 1080i RPTV. I find it really amazing that Guffy1 and Jgags6 see the problems, yet others do not?:confused:

Theres always gonna be people that disagree (dont understand).. Joe 6 Pack is gonna be happy with anything thats better than SD..

Joe hasnt had HD for 3 or 4 years, hes had it for 3 or 4 months, and he has no idea what HD used to be like in the beginning..

Joe bought his HDTV so he could watch Nascar in HD.. If Nascar isnt on is Joe really paying attention anyways?

Joe dosent have multiple providers that all show ESPNHD having the exact same problems..

Joe sees bright colors on a big screen, Joe is satisfied.. (Unless of course Nascar is on, then Joe becomes a bit harder to please)

Joe has 3 friends and 2 neighbors that all agree D* is better than E* when it comes to HD PQ..

Joe really only has an EDTV, and he dosent even sub to any HD programming.. (Of course, Joe is oblivious to this)

Rock on Joe! :D :D :D

guffy1 said:
Vurbano dont bother with this Satmeister character..This guy has proven over and over to know absolutely zero about anything..
Yeah Im done with him. It just pisses me off. I record the whole game. take 2 hours to download in to PC, 1 hour to translate it from TY to VOB and a half hour of picking out shots and posting them... only to get attacked :rolleyes:

vurbano said:
I record the whole game. take 2 hours to download in to PC, 1 hour to translate it from TY to VOB and a half hour of picking out shots and posting them...
guffy1 said:
...you wasting your time here bro, this kid is the opitamy of stupidity..
vurbano said:
In this forum I think you are in the minority. But Im with you.
Pieces of work - all you can both do is call people who disagree (or know better) stupid. Who twisted v---'s arm to record and translate the video feed? HIM get attacked - LOTFALMAO. :bounce

Clearly, reading English must be a challenge, as the comments pertained to the comparison of images in the context of reported ESPN HD MNF broadcast image quality. YOU both have proven your inability to have any kind of coherent, logical, and fact-based input to anything. All you can do is whine, attack, complain, criticize, attack, insult, attack, and generally take out your pathetic negative existence out on everyone who might actually have a positive experience - you can't seem you live with the fact that there are people who have good HD, good D* HD, and good HD equipment (I have far more invested in quality equipment that than the "average Joe 6-pack", as you insultingly called them) that displays these sources. Myabe that's why I get great results. The premise of this thread's heading in negative to start with, and you bottom feeders simply seized the opportunity to do your piranha act.

Oh yeah guffy1.....JOE knows HD. :D

Hopefully now everyone can go back to simply enjoying their HD. have a great day. :)

I have to agree...that ESPNHD is looking much crappier on E* lately. I can't wait for basketball season...not that I'm a basketball fan, but to see what the games look like on TNTHD. They have always looked fanatastic on E* in the past.

The game on Monday looked great here and I watched on 3 different hd sets. 52" Toshiba (projection), little 27" toshba CRT in bedroom, and 42" Sony Plasma and it was outstanding on all. Did it have some minor blocking during fast motion on the 52" yes a couple times MAYBE but nothing like CBS or the crap you get on NBC. The Sony was great as was the 27". I have dumped on D* in the past for the HD Lite but this game looked good, real good here....except the score )o:
And please, to whoever's comment it was (Guffy1), let's not assume just cause it looked good on my TV I am some dipshit named Joe who knows nothing about HD and is watching on an EDTV. And for the rest of your post I get your thoughts but save the condescending attitude.

riffjim4069 said:
I have to agree...that ESPNHD is looking much crappier on E* lately. I can't wait for basketball season...not that I'm a basketball fan, but to see what the games look like on TNTHD. They have always looked fanatastic on E* in the past.

Sweet signature!!

Madtown HD Junkie said:
The game on Monday looked great here and I watched on 3 different hd sets. 52" Toshiba (projection), little 27" toshba CRT in bedroom, and 42" Sony Plasma and it was outstanding on all. Did it have some minor blocking during fast motion on the 52" yes a couple times MAYBE but nothing like CBS or the crap you get on NBC. The Sony was great as was the 27". I have dumped on D* in the past for the HD Lite but this game looked good, real good here....except the score )o:
And please, to whoever's comment it was (Guffy1), let's not assume just cause it looked good on my TV I am some dipshit named Joe who knows nothing about HD and is watching on an EDTV. And for the rest of your post I get your thoughts but save the condescending attitude.

Thanks for the comments Joe :)

Im sure it looked incredible on your special TV's :D

Madtown HD Junkie said:

GB going to the SB???? I dont think determining PQ is your worst problem. LMAO

vurbano said:
The pictures dont lie Mikey. Youd better check and make sure thats really an apple your shooting at :rolleyes:

Verbano you are so right that pictures don't lie. So much so that you might want to consider upgrading your HR10-500 or some other component you are using. Bad PQ when there are so many variables including your set-up and equipment should not be immediately written off as a Direct Tv (or ESPN) transmission problem. And similar posts here or at AVS are not proof that it is.

Isn't it amazing how many people have posted receiving a much better picture than you and the "others" from the same network and satellite. Of course they aren't as knowledgeable as you when it comes to what their eyes are telling them. LMAO! :hatsoff:

Last edited:
guffy1 said:
Thanks for the comments Joe :)

Im sure it looked incredible on your special TV's :D

Never said they were special just telling what they were so you did not think I was watching it on a 15" LCD and all was great. Furthermore, I thought this as a place to exchange ideas and thoughts re: D* HD not to belittle people when they disagree with your OPINION. This does nothing to further your thoughts and makes you like an egocentric juvenile with poor personal communication skills.

VIPERS-PIT said:
The pic of the packers game looks like a shot when the camera was moving. I watched the interview with palmer on the sideline and it was perfect. You could see the rain drops hitting him perfect. Looked great at 1080i on a 65 inch set.

V, you are watching it on a DLP TV with known rainbow issues. maybe this is why it looks so bad to you.

Of course Vurbano would never consider that he has any kind of equipment, sighting, or cabling issues on his end. To his way of thinking that is impossible (self-denial). So he is left with the only other choice: We are all blind; we don't know what we are seeing or talking about; Direct TV is at fault; (and the emperor IS wearing clothes).

Why he doesn't switch away from D is the ultimate question. But then the CTV or Dish forums would have to read to his indiscriminate self-officious whining posts. And he will continue to stumble through this world pointing his finger of blame for things that trouble him everywhere but where it should be pointed.:D

Last edited:
Now now Madtown, calling guffy an egocentric juvenile with poor personal communication skills is just plain crossing the line! I believe that he is an egocentric adult with poor personal communication skills. Sorry guff, couldn't resist. Vurbano did you purposefully "pick out" the most negative shots you could find?

Mtnmike said:
Verbano you are so right that pictures don't lie. So much so that you might want to consider upgrading your HR10-500 or some other component you are using. Bad PQ when there are so many variables including your set-up and equipment should not be immediately written off as a Direct Tv (or ESPN) transmission problem. And similar posts here or at AVS are not proof that it is.

Isn't it amazing how many people have posted receiving a much better picture than you and the "others" from the same network and satellite. Of course they aren't as knowledgeable as you when it comes to what their eyes are telling them. LMAO! :hatsoff:

Then let them post the screen shots. You are clueless.

FlyingJ said:
Now now Madtown, calling guffy an egocentric juvenile with poor personal communication skills is just plain crossing the line! I believe that he is an egocentric adult with poor personal communication skills. Sorry guff, couldn't resist. Vurbano did you purposefully "pick out" the most negative shots you could find?
They are not the most negative, just ones with clear signs of problems.

Mtnmike said:
Of course Vurbano would never consider that he has any kind of equipment, sighting, or cabling issues on his end. To his way of thinking that is impossible (self-denial). So he is left with the only other choice: We are all blind; we don't know what we are seeing or talking about; Direct TV is at fault; (and the emperor IS wearing clothes).

Why he doesn't switch away from D is the ultimate question. But then the CTV or Dish forums would have to read to his indiscriminate self-officious whining posts. And he will continue to stumble through this world pointing his finger of blame for things that trouble him everywhere but where it should be pointed.:D

Vurbano is not complaining about D*.. Reap our lips: Its an ESPNHD problem, no one is claiming D* is at fault..

vurbano said:
Then let them post the screen shots. You are clueless.

Why would they need to post screen shots? Their PQ looked great and they had no problem. You needed to post screen shots because yours did not. You should be wondering why your PQ was poor rather than taking your normal course of pointing the finger everywhere but where it should be pointed.

Had you taken a more realistic and positive approach as to why; then someone here might have tried to work with you in improving what obviously is a problem on your end. But then that's not your style. Re-read my last post and you may understand what the real problem is. :hungry:

guffy1 said:
Vurbano is not complaining about D*.. Reap our lips: Its an ESPNHD problem, no one is claiming D* is at fault..

Be it ESPNHD or DTV, that doesn't change the fact that many had excellent PQ and therein lies the heart of the matter.

Last edited:
Mtnmike said:
Why would they need to post screen shots? Their PQ looked great and they had no problem. You needed to post screen shots because yours did not. You should be wondering why your PQ was poor rather than taking your normal course of pointing the finger everywhere but where it should be pointed.

Had you taken a more realistic and positive approach as to why; then someone here might have tried to work with you in improving what obviously is a problem on your end. But then that's not your style. Re-read my last post and you may understand what the real problem is. :hungry:

Be it ESPNHD or DTV, that doesn't change the fact that many had excellent PQ and therein lies the heart of the matter.

The heart of the matter is that youre bashing the guy for complaing about Directv and thats not even what the hell we are talking about here..

guffy1 said:
The heart of the matter is that youre bashing the guy for complaing about Directv and thats not even what the hell we are talking about here..

The fact of the matter is I am "bashing" the guy because of his bashing of everyone else who did not have his problem, and the fact he remains clueless. Reception for many was excellent and it really doesn't matter whether his blame is pointed at DTV or ESPNHD.

The heart of the matter is his approach as to why they did and he didn't.:hatsoff:

Last edited:
Mtnmike said:
Fact of the matter is I am "bashing" the guy because of his bashing of everyone else who did not have his problem, and the fact he remains clueless. Reception for many was excellent and it really doesn't matter whether his blame is pointed at DTV or ESPNHD. The heart of the matter is his approach as to why.:hatsoff:

Reception was claimed to be excellent by alot of Joe Six Pack donkeys like yourself..

You calling him clueless is pretty much hysterical though..Thanks for the entertainment anyways :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.