Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Especially now that their AEP is right on par with Direct but with Direct they include the sports pack. I say Dish is cheaper if you get just a plain ol HD receiver and one of the lowest channel packages available.

That is correct,you can go with a VIP211k that has 1 satellite tuner and 1 OTA tuner buy a EHD pay a $40. one time fee and you have a HDDVR.

What DISH has compared to everyone else is choices,your not stuck with one setup like the other guys.

Just to let everyone know this conversation about the new fees has spilled over to the portal for dish retailers & this particular thread has several "quotes" over there.

It is most definitely not popular & the official dish response is "We will have information on any fee changes soon".

If there ever was a fire lit, this thread, this site & the members here have done it. Let's just hope our concerns are not falling of deaf ears. :)

Just to let everyone know this conversation about the new fees has spilled over to the portal for dish retailers & this particular thread has several "quotes" over there.

It is most definitely not popular & the official dish response is "We will have information on any fee changes soon".

If there ever was a fire lit, this thread, this site & the members here have done it. Let's just hope our concerns are not falling of deaf ears. :)

One would hope that maybe a response like netflix did when they saw many customer voice there concern. Don't think it would happen, but hopefully those from Dish that read this site see the response to the upcoming fees

One would hope that maybe a response like netflix did when they saw many customer voice there concern. Don't think it would happen, but hopefully those from Dish that read this site see the response to the upcoming fees

The response where they said they didn't care if people cancelled cause they would be back anyway? How my bill went from 8 bucks for streaming and disk to 16 bucks over night, causing me to drop the disks. Just a little confused is all, did I maybe miss something where they realized a mistake was made?

I hope those with actual decision making responsibilities at dish are the ones hearing our outrage over this. We shall not go quietly into that good night. :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The sneaky price increase puts all of those stupid Dish vs. Direct ads in a whole new light. Who's doing the bait and switch now, Dish???

I have to Hoppers so for me the first thing to go will be HBO and as FSC will lose English football change from 250 to 120+. This is BS, Direct TV so do their own and attack Dish on this.

Since I have two hoppers that would make it 25 bucks after the increase vs direct of 31. I think I'll pay the extra 6 bucks to get channels I don't have with dish. If dish had espn u , news and Disney jr in hd I'd stay.

Since I have two hoppers that would make it 25 bucks after the increase vs direct of 31. I think I'll pay the extra 6 bucks to get channels I don't have with dish. If dish had espn u , news and Disney jr in hd I'd stay.

Please enlighten me where do you have a $25. dollar increase? with the DVR fee going from $10. to $14. and the second Hopper and beyond going from $7. to $14. ?

Please enlighten me where do you have a $25. dollar increase? with the DVR fee going from $10. to $14. and the second Hopper and beyond going from $7. to $14. ?
At first I thought he was referring to his total fees, but 2 Hoppers would be $28, plus any joeys he might have.

Well, I may be the first casualty of this group for this increase. I have scheduled a Directv install for next month.

I do still have a year left on the Dish contract, so the ETF will be $227, however, with the new customer deals, I will make the difference up in 4 months (slightly longer), and still have considerable savings on top of that.

It is a shame, my wife and I are big fans of the hopper, and would gladly stay if the cost had not gotten to my personal cut off point based on our usage.

I am now contacting Dish to schedule a cut off date and pay any fees that I may have. We will see what they say.

That's the way to do it...schedule the install far enough in advance to see what, if anything, your current provider will do for you to stay. Let us know how it goes.

Kinda fast on the draw, eh? They haven't even made anything official yet. Things could change by announcement time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Kinda fast on the draw, eh? They haven't even made anything official yet. Things could change by announcement time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Possibly, however, with my current bill, and the cycle due date, I will be out of town when and if the rumored date occurs, which puts me into a new billing cycle, and out of Directvs new promo that is currently going on.

This way, I can wait and see, and go in either direction.

That's the way to do it...schedule the install far enough in advance to see what, if anything, your current provider will do for you to stay. Let us know how it goes.

I just got through contacting them, and they did not blink, nor did I expect them to. I scheduled the cutoff on the same day as the install, so we will see if they do anything between now and then. I am not optimistic about it, but who knows.

Possibly, however, with my current bill, and the cycle due date, I will be out of town when and if the rumored date occurs, which puts me into a new billing cycle, and out of Directvs new promo that is currently going on.

This way, I can wait and see, and go in either direction.

Ah, makes perfect sense.

I switched from Dish last year (had the hopper and 3 joeys) to Directv since they offered Free Sunday Ticket and was trying to cut costs. I have regretted it since, their DVR (Genie) is very sluggish, so slow, it's annoying. Maybe I got a bad one, but it is also flakey, sometimes when I fastforward in recorded content it switches to live tv and I have to back to what I watching. When i try to record OTA, the video gets choppy and I have to stop it and restart again. I am having the newer hopper system installed in three weeks with 3 joeys. The rate increase does suck, but I still like Dish's hardware much more.

Maybe when it does increase if enough of us complain they'll do something about it. Dish's first mistake was not having the hopper be a 5 or 6 tuner dvr. A lot of people had to get more than one due to conflicts. If the joey had one tuner in them then it would make sense to get one. I just can't justify the 11.00 increase since dish still lacks in hd. Disney is to blame though but if dish cared at all they would try and work on getting to a resolution.

I think a lot of people will be calling in and wanting to cancel and dish will issue credits to keep them. If it were a 1.00 increase then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Well, I may be the first casualty of this group for this increase. I have scheduled a Directv install for next month.

I do still have a year left on the Dish contract, so the ETF will be $227, however, with the new customer deals, I will make the difference up in 4 months (slightly longer), and still have considerable savings on top of that.

It is a shame, my wife and I are big fans of the hopper, and would gladly stay if the cost had not gotten to my personal cut off point based on our usage.

I am now contacting Dish to schedule a cut off date and pay any fees that I may have. We will see what they say.

I am curious about your early termination fee. You mentioned that it was $227. Did you have free HD for life? I was contemplating switching back over to DirectTV, as they offering me $200 towards my early termination fee. I'm at the one year point in my dish network contract, and I could save close to $300 over 2 years by making the switch to Direct. But, I then realized that there is a $10 a month ETF for the HD free for life promo for any remaining months on the contract. So, that would add $120 to the $240 for the ETF. While I would still save money, I don't know if it's enough to be worth the hassle. So, did you run into that charge for the HD free for life?

I did have free HD for life, it was not an issue. Three different reps over checking the past few days quoted me the same ETF of $227.50 for the remaining portion of my contract.

I will say that the one thing that irks me about the deal is you have to pay to return the leased equipment back. Yes, I knew this up front, and yes, I am ending the contract early, but little fees like that leave a bad taste in my mouth after an otherwise pleasant experience with Dish.

I am curious about your early termination fee. You mentioned that it was $227. Did you have free HD for life? I was contemplating switching back over to DirectTV, as they offering me $200 towards my early termination fee. I'm at the one year point in my dish network contract, and I could save close to $300 over 2 years by making the switch to Direct. But, I then realized that there is a $10 a month ETF for the HD free for life promo for any remaining months on the contract. So, that would add $120 to the $240 for the ETF. While I would still save money, I don't know if it's enough to be worth the hassle. So, did you run into that charge for the HD free for life?

Now does directv add that to your account as a credit or pay it for you? I'd imagine dish would charge your credit card on file.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)