Food Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ahhh.. I see, thanks.
I was planning to cancel my cable, and this is the only channel my wife watches regularly... It is available on basic cable, I might end up keeping that.

On AMC 10 (4DTV) DC 2 you get the master east and west feed plus HGTV E&W, DIY, Great American County & Fine Living. It costs about $6.00 a month for all of the above. Beats the hell out of cable or pizza prices and picture quality :)

tvropro
Thank you so much for your answer. Where can I get more information about these subscription based plans on satellite? (Not Dish/DirecTV) Is it even possible to get my local channels over satellite somehow, or is there a receiver with built in OTA tuner? (is it ATS now?)

You will need a 4DTV receiver to get that group of channels, and no 4DTV receiver has an OTA tuner, digital or otherwise.

Standalone OTA tuners aren't that expensive really, and for the small investment are worth it, being it is free after that.

On AMC 10 (4DTV) DC 2 you get the master east and west feed plus HGTV E&W, DIY, Great American County & Fine Living. It costs about $6.00 a month for all of the above. Beats the hell out of cable or pizza prices and picture quality :)

I found it, but it doesn't include Food Network. :(
Programming Center offers only these Do-It-Yourself • Food Network E/W
• Fine Living • Great American Country • HGTV E/W for $11.19 or $7.50 if paid annually.

They do have nice packages, but for some reason some of those don't include Food. Do you know what is W5?

NPS has a similar package with limited channels for $14.58/mo when paid annually.

I just spoke to Time Warner, their basic package is $16/mo without the box (it is just local channels 1-13 + Food and HSN).

classicsat,
Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea about 4DTV.. Do they also require special lnb, etc?
I have my visionsat, which doesn't have OTA tuner built in. So I was hoping I could get both my local OTA channels and the stuff I can subscribe to from the same box. Now that all broadcast is digital, I guess it would have to be ATSC tuner.

As far as the Scripps mini pack look here.

NPS - Your One Call Solution

I have it on my DSR 922 (4DTV)

If you have a C band dish you can get a 4DTV and sub to this package. It's all uphill with the money you save on C band from then on. :)

As far as the Scripps mini pack look here.

NPS - Your One Call Solution

I have it on my DSR 922 (4DTV)

If you have a C band dish you can get a 4DTV and sub to this package. It's all uphill with the money you save on C band from then on. :)

I don't know how you got the link for that package, it is not listed on their home page.. :)
So I need one of those huge dishes to receive these channels. :( I live in a two family attached house, I don't think my roof can handle the C-Band dish.

So there is no way for me to get Food Network off the air (subscription) using what I currently have.

You have to look under programming / alacarts. If you can't do a C band dish it don't help. A six foot would work but nothing smaller.

Thanks tvropro, i guess it won't happen for me just yet. I will just pay $16 to time warner, or look for another way to get it, or wait for it to become FTA... :) The thing that's killing me, all the channels in $16 plan is available FTA, most of them in HD, so if I go with TWC, I would actually be paying $16 for Food Network.

Thanks again for all your help, I guess there isn't much else I can grab off my Ku dish.

For your cable price for a month. Im getting the whole Scripps pkg for 3 months. You gotta get a big dish opens up the world.

This is really cool. Which satellite would I have to point to get your Scripps package? Living in a dense city, I have to make sure I have a clear view.
OK, I saw it
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Where is the T7 satellite?[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Recently the T7 satellite moved to 121°, which is now East of the G0 satellite. To program in T7 at its new location, first point at G0 satellite verify reception on one of your G0 channels. Switch to channel 21, and press Options, 6, 4, 4, and highlight the T7 satellite and press enter. When you bring up the screen that has “Move dish to xxxx” you’ll need to highlight the dish position number on the second line, and decrease it by around 20 or 30 you should start to see a picture come in after you do this you may have to highlight autopeak skew and press enter if you have a signal around 60-100 without a picture. Once you have a good picture you’ll need to press “GO BACK” and then “ENTER” to save it into memory.
[/FONT]

According to dishpointer, I may have a problem with T7. :(

This is my current setup, with 97W, I have the clearance, as max height is 60, and as per my calculation the building was about 50ft high:
capture97w.jpg

However with T7 it says max height is 46.7ft, which will block my view, even though it is pointed to the far end of the building. :(
capture121t7.jpg

Last edited:
tvroprop,
I was really excited when I saw that it was all the way on 131*W, since it would mean pointing past the building, therefore avoiding any obstacle, unfortunately the elevation is way lower than my 97*. :(
captureiaq.jpg

I see that there is FoodTV on 135*W too, but elevation is even lower!
capture135.jpg

And I don't see food on any other listing on LyngSat.

PS: How could you mount your C-Band dish on a pole? Isn't Chicago windy enough as it is!? For me to clear the tall building, I would probably need a poll over 12'.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)