Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The apartment complex I am moving to will not allow Dish on a tripod. Pre-wired for Direct with a satellite on each building. I am a Dish costumer of over a dozen years, Now I must put Dish on suspension fot six months when I go south to AZ.

Spoke to Direct, Credit OK, I now have a Direct account. I can get programming etc, auto pay/paperless billing, but must sign up for twenty-four months which equals to four years due to the service suspension when I go north. Quote: $55 - 3 months, followed by $100 -9 months, followed by $140. Every channel, all movies, no sports, one HD PVR and one HD receiver.

What should I ask for? If I purchased a HD PVR I was quoted no discounts on programming, plus pay install (but bldg pre-wired).

Where to purchase Direct HD PVR? Which model?

Rent or Buy?

I never looked at this forum until today as I did not think I would be a Direct customer.

Thanks for the advice.

I just signed up for Directv after 11 yrs of service with Dish. Unlike some I loved every minute of my service with Dish but the fees. The reason I am switching is because I have 4 HD televisions and they would not allow me to get a 4th receiver. I was being charged the dual receiver pricing although I could not view HD content on TV2 of my boxes. I had a 922 and two622's. I hope I will grow to love Directv as I did Dish.

I was with Dish for about 6 years. When I switched to DirecTV 3 months ago, I thought I was going to really miss my DVRs. Well with the new HD GUI, I'm not missing it too much at all. And now at least I can get HD while my kids are watching all the Disney channels. :) And the whole home DVR service rocks.

Me Too....Almost

I just signed up for Directv after 11 yrs of service with Dish. Unlike some I loved every minute of my service with Dish but the fees. The reason I am switching is because I have 4 HD televisions and they would not allow me to get a 4th receiver. I was being charged the dual receiver pricing although I could not view HD content on TV2 of my boxes. I had a 922 and two622's. I hope I will grow to love Directv as I did Dish.

I am in almost the same exact boat. Need HD on four TV's and have a 722 and two 622's. I will save $35 per month after the first year and much more until then. The whole house DVR is big too. Question, did you get a second HD DVR or go with just one? I think that is what i am going to do.

you csan go with multiple DVR's. Whole Home DVR allows you to see all the DVR programs in one list form all DVR's on the account

I have direct after leaving dish on 12/16/11. How do you know how many hours of recording remain? A percentage is not a good measure as it doesn't provide a good idea of recordings I have or need to delete if I run out of space. Also, I just added an esata hard drive and not sure if is supplemental to the hr24 capacity or just bypasses the hr24 hard drive.

Thanks

If you add a hard drive it overrides the existing one...not adds to it

How do you know how many hours of recording remain? A percentage is not a good measure as it doesn't provide a good idea of recordings I have or need to delete if I run out of space.
neither system gives a good amount as they are both based on MPEG2. I know Dish's is because I can record 12-16 hours of programming a weekend and only 4 hours or so is gone from the "HD amount"

I know on my R22 which has a 320GB drive has 35 hours of MPEG2 HD recordings...MPEG4 is about twice as much

On Nov 12th I had directv installed. The promotional offer included free NFL Sunday ticket for the remainder of the season. But I get all the football I need from local channels and ESPN.

Question: If I do nothing it will auto-renew and cost me a lot! When can I cancel it to avoid getting billed for next season?

On Nov 12th I had directv installed. The promotional offer included free NFL Sunday ticket for the remainder of the season. But I get all the football I need from local channels and ESPN.

Question: If I do nothing it will auto-renew and cost me a lot! When can I cancel it to avoid getting billed for next season?

Any time after the official end of the regular season and before the 1st day of the regular season next year.

I would guess after week 17, because all the games in the playoffs and Super Bowl are on the networks and althought I'm also new to DirecTV, my guess is that the playoff games aren't broadcast on Sunday Ticket.

I have direct after leaving dish on 12/16/11. How do you know how many hours of recording remain? A percentage is not a good measure as it doesn't provide a good idea of recordings I have or need to delete if I run out of space. Also, I just added an esata hard drive and not sure if is supplemental to the hr24 capacity or just bypasses the hr24 hard drive.

Thanks

HR24 according to another site has 100 hours HD 400 hrs SD capacity
so somewhere between the 2 numbers ;)

Okay I am thinking I might switch from Dish to Direct....I want 3d. Here is my Dish setup....One vip722 receiver. In the basement I have one hd projector...two hdtvs using an hdmi switch on tv1. Upstairs I have 6 hdtvs on tv2 which are sd. What would I need with Direct to make this work so I can have hd on all tvs? Can you switch hdmi on Direct receiver like with Dish? Also with home distribution on tv2 is done with just one rg6 cable...so how would that work? There is now way I could afford this if I have to have an hd receiver for each tv. I may have to just wait for Dish to turn on 3d...yea right.

Thanks for listening....John

wanting to switch

Hi all, need some help. I'm thinking or cancelling Dish (13 mos. left on contract) and coming over to Directv.
From what I've read Directv will pay up to $200 for my Dish ETF. I am on the America's Top 200 plan, would
go to Directv's Choice Extra package. Can I get advice as to the best way to go about making the switch?,
should I go thru Directv's website? Steps I should take to get my ETF refund? Thanks much and I really like your
site and all the good advice! Ken

Hi all, need some help. I'm thinking or cancelling Dish (13 mos. left on contract) and coming over to Directv.
From what I've read Directv will pay up to $200 for my Dish ETF. I am on the America's Top 200 plan, would
go to Directv's Choice Extra package. Can I get advice as to the best way to go about making the switch?,
should I go thru Directv's website? Steps I should take to get my ETF refund? Thanks much and I really like your
site and all the good advice! Ken
never heard of the etf refund, where are you getting that info?

"Come back to DirectV and we'll give you up to $200 toward your cancellation fee", flyer I got in the mail.

"Come back to DirectV and we'll give you up to $200 toward your cancellation fee", flyer I got in the mail.

it may not be from direcv, but a reseller
the only way to get it would most likley be to call th enumber on the card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)