Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

Officially annoyed.

Never dreamed that the Astros would be affected once the playoffs started.

I’m having to subscribe to YouTubetv over firestick for the next week and then PSvue if necessary going forward.

More than anything - the family is now P!!ssed.

Might be time to consider a more permanent option. YouTubetv, after-all, appears to have all the stations that we need.

No Dolby digital though. That’s also annoying. I guess that no one is getting all that they want these days...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Officially annoyed.

I’m having to subscribe to YouTubetv over firestick for the next week and then PSvue if necessary going forward.
Glad YouTube TV is now official for the Amazon Firestick. So far the Braves games have been available, but happy to see I now have a backup plan.

Since this game was taken off of NFL Network... I wonder if they violated their contract with Dish... like they did before when this happened

Actually, I think it is the opposite - the NFL was following through on their contract with Dish -

"NFL Network's agreement with Dish mandates that NFL Network cannot show different programming to Dish customers than it shows to other distributors. When Fox decided that NFL Network could not simulcast the game - and it was a Fox decision - the network was forced to take it down everywhere"

Very interesting what Dish built into their agreement - if they get screwed over, everyone does :)

Might be time to consider a more permanent option. YouTubetv, after-all, appears to have all the stations that we need.

But at $50 these packages are already more expensive than Welcome Pack and the Flex Pack base price (not counting receiver fees). In addition to that in many parts of the US quality broadband is not available which results in buffering during peak times like Sunday Afternoons. Plus we have the repeal of net-nutrality too.

Today, Huskers Football & Womans VB on BTN also Playoff Baseball on FS1.

Which streaming service include's BTN & FS1?

May be region dependent but here Northwestern vs Nebraska is on Fox. Of course that requires OTA reception which is good here.

Reactions: LQQK
May be region dependent but here Northwestern vs Nebraska is on Fox. Of course that requires OTA reception which is good here.

Yeah...Our local newspaper shows Husker FB on BTN, the DishTV guide is showing on FOX so I'll be able to record the game while attending the game. I can't record the VB because it's on BTN + Yankees on FS1...Think I'm gonna try YOUTUBE TV.

Reactions: Cypresstree
Today, Huskers Football & Womans VB on BTN also Playoff Baseball on FS1.

Which streaming service include's BTN & FS1?

Husker Football is on OTA. If you get FOX 42 in Lincoln it is on there. It is on DISH too for me in Gretna anyway. Not sure if you get it in your ZIP.

Reactions: LQQK
Husker Football is on OTA. If you get FOX 42 in Lincoln it is on there. It is on DISH too for me in Gretna anyway. Not sure if you get it in your ZIP.

I'm still in the research mode as far as streaming players, streaming providers + OTA. H8 the thought of losing the H3 with its great Multi-View and crazy DVR multi recordings at the same time. I was close to dumping DISH TV when they removed HBO/Cinemax but now W/O HBO, Cinemax, FS1 & BTN has me looking at all my options before leaving Dish in the Trash.

Officially annoyed.

More than anything - the family is now P!!ssed.

No Dolby digital though. That’s also annoying. I guess that no one is getting all that they want these days...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Do you have your FOX station to see the world series?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts