• Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
She said that the "Free HD for life promo" was actually only for two years for new customers (as part of the fine print). She said there was an astrik on most of the promo pages.

Once again I think we're clearly seeing why directv has an "F" rating with the BBB.

They're either redefining the term 'for life', all directv customers will be dead within 24 months, or they're settled on eliminating the fee entirely within 2 years.

Or the BBB will have to add an "F-" rating.

Edit: I read all 5 pages of fine print and asterisked materials, and there is nothing at all in there about limiting the free HD to 2 years. In fact, it says "FREE" next to the HD check box on the offer page, with no asterisk. So the person you spoke with didnt have a very good grasp of the offer details.

Guys,

When you call in for the free HD (2-yr for existing subs), are you asking for "retentions" at the voice prompt or just connecting the CSR without asking for retentions?

I know some asked for promotions. Others billing. I don't think the word retentions does anything on the automated system, though I haven't tried in a long time.

I just called in and told the automated crap I wanted a representative. I then told the representative that I noticed the free lifetime for new subs, and I heard there was a free HD for 24 months for current subs. She said "lemme check" and then came back and gave me the 24 month promotion.

^^^

Thanks for the info :). I don't know why I mentioned "retentions", must have been thinking of last year with ST.

I usually ask for "agent" which then asks for a subject so that they can send you to the proper department. So for the Free HD I said "agent" and then "programming."

First time I said agent and got nowhere with her...She absolutely declared that only new customers were getting anything...acted like she was reading Dish website to me verbatim and said Directv will always match what Dish does...so I tried again 5 minutes later and said "programing" and had it after a few minutes...did have to do autopay but that aint no biggee already was paperless.

I just called in and told the automated crap I wanted a representative. I then told the representative that I noticed the free lifetime for new subs, and I heard there was a free HD for 24 months for current subs. She said "lemme check" and then came back and gave me the 24 month promotion.

I did the same thing
Said Representative
explained that I heard existing subs get HD free for 24 months and I was looking to upgrade. The rep said yes they could do it BUT I had it through Qwest so I couldnt get it until the account was with D* ;)

$10 off for 12 months with NO autopay / 24 months with it.

Just called about 15 minutes ago and got the free HD for 12 months. I was told that if I went with the autopay I could have it for 24. I told the rep that I didn't like the autopay systems due to past problems with other companies. He said that was fine I didn't need to do it if I didn't want to. When I called I told the automated system 'customer service' right off the bat. I told the rep that I have been reading online and seeing ads for free HD for new customers and wanted to know what they could do for existing subs. He said he needed to review my account and put me on hold for a minute. When he came back he told me that I was eligible for it but would have to transfer me to a different department. After I was transferred the next guy verified who I was and applied the discount. Entire procedure took about 6 minutes including hold time.

Last edited:
no dice on the free HD..."retention" csr said its because i get the DVR service for free...but he was able to give me a $100 credit off my next bill...woo hoo

I called in today and they are giving me a few days to take the HD offer for 24 months. I became a new sub back in April and they would not give me the free HD for life offer. Instead they will lock me in at my current price which is not bad. But I'm reluctant after hearing many complaints about auto pay. May not be worth the hassle.....

they told me last week the offer was indefinite.

Indefinite for existing subs ?????

First I heard that one ...

If so that just leans towards the Free HD for everyone coming soon , as I've speculated, I would not be surprised to see that happen as part of the yearly price adjustments in March.

Got my 24 months FREE HD credit - did NOT have to change my TC+ pkg (still have lifetime DVR, of course... :) ) Was also offered HBO w/FREE Max 3 months, Show/Starz $13 3 months & 3 months FREE HD Xtra, but declined until after summer, since I'm watch less TV now.

The CSR did say she could not offer me free HD because I have not been with D for long.

I signed up in August 2009.

I resigned up for service in May of 2010, after leaving Direct for a bit. While I did have to sign up for the auto pay, I was offered the two year option of free HD, You may to play a little CSR roulette.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts