Free NFL Sunday Ticket promo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All of them in general. If I would have directed my reply only at you I would have quoted your post.

Sorry if new people to the website people bringing up the same conversations year after year bores you. I suppose you could save yourself some time and not bother reading/commenting on them then, eh?... Unless you actually cared to offer some of the knowledge and wisdom you have accumulated over the years of reading these similar conversations you speak of, but you didn't. Not all of us have the time to scour message board postings all day to keep up to date with all that is DTV. Some of us simply come here when we are seeking information about something.

Seems like it goes up every year. It's just ridiculous that they treat 10+ year customers like 2nd class citizens and charge us out the wazoo. I called up and, as it turns out, I still have a year left in my current contract (as I was afraid of) because I added the Whole Home DVR service when they came out with it last year. I told her I plan on cancelling as soon as my contract is up and she gave me a few discounts that added up to $31.50 per month. It's far from the deals they are offering new customers, but not too shabby. Oh, and if you decide to call, be sure to sign up for auto-bill pay beforehand. That was the very first question she asked me.

You just got a $ 31.50 savings on you monthly bill and your still not happy ? :confused:

Seems like it goes up every year. It's just ridiculous that they treat 10+ year customers like 2nd class citizens and charge us out the wazoo. I called up and, as it turns out, I still have a year left in my current contract (as I was afraid of) because I added the Whole Home DVR service when they came out with it last year. I told her I plan on cancelling as soon as my contract is up and she gave me a few discounts that added up to $31.50 per month. It's far from the deals they are offering new customers, but not too shabby. Oh, and if you decide to call, be sure to sign up for auto-bill pay beforehand. That was the very first question she asked me.

Did you not get a new customer offer when you signed up?

If you feel like you are being treated like a 2nd class citizen and getting charged out the wazoo then you should cancel and move on to another provider. Why continue to give them your hard earned money if you aren't happy?

LOL, or you could search and not repost. It takes all of about 2 mins to find them. Advanced Search - SatelliteGuys.US

First off, I didn't start the thread... I only found this website because this particular thread showed up in my google search. Since it was started less than a week ago, it made sense for me to ask my question on this one. And actually, the only thread title regarding this topic (with activity within the past two years)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/search.php?searchid=723953
was originally talking about the NFL Superfan charge that was on our bills a few years ago. The thread was brought back from the dead by someone mentioning this current promotion, but most of THIS thread talks about ways for existing customers to work the system to get that deal (not just free or discounted NST), or something similar. The older thread offered no information regarding my question. I DID notice, however, you giving that person a hard time for posting to such an old thread. So, which do you prefer? Someone post a new thread, or post to an old one? Either way, it seems that you will want to give people crap about it just because it's a conversation you have seen in the past.

Did you not get a new customer offer when you signed up?

If you feel like you are being treated like a 2nd class citizen and getting charged out the wazoo then you should cancel and move on to another provider. Why continue to give them your hard earned money if you aren't happy?

To be honest, I've been with them so long I don't remember. I know they weren't charging existing customers $600+ more per year than new customers back then though...lol. They have NST exclusivity, so they know they've got us football fans by the foot-balls. If they ever lose that exclusivity though, I can almost guarantee you they will lose a lot of customers.

pillpusher,
Charper is not complaining to just you, I agree with him, we see the SAME threads and questions every year....
We usually end up with about 10 threads talking about the same things this time of year when the ST conversation comes around, it gets quite monotonous to post the same answers in every thread every other day, vs searching/ looking ....

This year will probably be worse with the lockout and everything getting pushed into a much smaller window.
Theres also a lockout discussion in the Sports section if your interested in more NFL info. (thats general info, not specifically D* related)

To be honest, I've been with them so long I don't remember. I know they weren't charging existing customers $600+ more per year than new customers back then though...lol. They have NST exclusivity, so they know they've got us football fans by the foot-balls. If they ever lose that exclusivity though, I can almost guarantee you they will lose a lot of customers.

Fwiw, every provider had the ability to get into the ST package back when it began.
They all balked at the time, not wanting to take a chance... thats why D* gets their exclusive rights 1st and foremost.

As I see it, it SHOULD stay that way as long as D* wants it that way and the NFL doesn't desire to change it...

pillpusher,
Charper is not complaining to just you, I agree with him, we see the SAME threads and questions every year....
We usually end up with about 10 threads talking about the same things this time of year when the ST conversation comes around, it gets quite monotonous to post the same answers in every thread every other day, vs searching/ looking ....

This year will probably be worse with the lockout and everything getting pushed into a much smaller window.
Theres also a lockout discussion in the Sports section if your interested in more NFL info. (thats general info, not specifically D* related)

Thanks. I can certainly empathize with that scenario. Unfortunately, that's the nature of message boards. People tend to just start a thread asking their question without taking the time to search for an answer to it. I completely understand. But hey, I would like to think that to my credit, I did at least reply to an existing thread with my question rather than starting a brand new one...lol.

Thanks. I can certainly empathize with that scenario. Unfortunately, that's the nature of message boards. People tend to just start a thread asking their question without taking the time to search for an answer to it. I completely understand. But hey, I would like to think that to my credit, I did at least reply to an existing thread with my question rather than starting a brand new one...lol.

You've also done something else that lots of other DON'T do, come back and respond to a reply :)

You'd be surprised how many times someone starts a thread and we discuss it for days and they NEVER come back to give feedback so we know if what we suggested worked or not.

Fwiw, every provider had the ability to get into the ST package back when it began.
They all balked at the time, not wanting to take a chance... thats why D* gets their exclusive rights 1st and foremost.

As I see it, it SHOULD stay that way as long as D* wants it that way and the NFL doesn't desire to change it...

No doubt... It was definitely one of, if not the best, business decision D* ever made. They are usually very good at being on top of channel offerings and new technology. When they aren't, they are usually pretty quick to play catch up (coming out with the Whole Home DVR service in response to U-Verse, for example). Again, don't get me wrong... I like D* and when asked, it's what I always recommend to people. Nevertheless, it does still irk me to know that new customers pay that much less than the loyal ones do. Unfortunately, that's the way some industries do business now (cellular service does the same). But, to their credit, I called, and they did what they could to make things right.

Last edited:
You've also done something else that lots of other DON'T do, come back and respond to a reply :)

You'd be surprised how many times someone starts a thread and we discuss it for days and they NEVER come back to give feedback so we know if what we suggested worked or not.

Yeah, I can see how that would take some of the satisfaction out of taking the time to try to help someone... People in general are selfish like that...lol. With that being said, THANKS for your help...lol.

I actually have no issue with this promo for the new subs.

It is directvs way to get new subs, and you are very likely to get some sorta of discount by calling and asking nicely.

I also dont get people that complain about the Ticket on just DirecTV, this is the NFLs choice, they put it to bid, and so what if DirecTV won out. It is good for them. I see some complain that comcast, Time Warner doesnt have it as exclusive, or how Verizon wants it.

The only problem their is those 3 are NOT in every area, the only way they get it is if the NFL does it for all carriers. Which could be smart, but then again, the NFL is a business and they want as much $$$ as possible, and getting 1B a yr for 4 yrs is a TON of money.

I actually have no issue with this promo for the new subs.

It is directvs way to get new subs, and you are very likely to get some sorta of discount by calling and asking nicely.

I also dont get people that complain about the Ticket on just DirecTV, this is the NFLs choice, they put it to bid, and so what if DirecTV won out. It is good for them. I see some complain that comcast, Time Warner doesnt have it as exclusive, or how Verizon wants it.

The only problem their is those 3 are NOT in every area, the only way they get it is if the NFL does it for all carriers. Which could be smart, but then again, the NFL is a business and they want as much $$$ as possible, and getting 1B a yr for 4 yrs is a TON of money.

I have no problem with it being available to New Subs, just would like them to offer something like these to the Long Time Subs as well.

I have no problem with it being available to New Subs, just would like them to offer something like these to the Long Time Subs as well.

Its still a bargain; but I agree. Like 3, 5, 7, 9, etc year discounts. Maintain consecutive seasons and get larger & larger discount.

Its still a bargain; but I agree. Like 3, 5, 7, 9, etc year discounts. Maintain consecutive seasons and get larger & larger discount.

I like your thinking, I've had ST for many years now as well as when it first came out on C-Band, yes, I know that doesn't count ...

$ 79 that first year, and we debated about getting it for that much !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts