GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This multi switch is great for use and is simple to use. Use Dual output lnbf on fixed dishes and a small TV station is born.
It has antenna input to power an antenna amp. so inside you use a duplexer and put a cable to TV tuner OTA and satellite
in one cable.
I supply free Satellite and OTA to 6 other apartments and myself.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to look into these switches some more, they look like something that could be real nice for the setup I have here!

Can you find a transponder with two HD channels, record one and watch the other then check the quality of recording. Thank you.

Eugene, I saw you mention doing this in a previous post a while back, IIRC, are you telling him to watch one channel at the same time that another is recording? That isn't possible with a single tuner, is it?

Eugene, I saw you mention doing this in a previous post a while back, IIRC, are you telling him to watch one channel at the same time that another is recording? That isn't possible with a single tuner, is it?
Yea it is possible. The channels have to be on the same frequency/mux. The improvement in 1107 is that you can now watch HD and record another HD without hick ups

Reactions: . Raine
Yea it is possible. The channels have to be on the same frequency/mux. The improvement in 1107 is that you can now watch HD and record another HD without hick ups

Wow, I didn't know you could do that, thanks!

I'm used to thinking in the line of TV tuners, and older ones at that. I'm going to have to check that out some, that's really interesting.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that, thanks!

I'm used to thinking in the line of TV tuners, and older ones at that. I'm going to have to check that out some, that's really interesting.
You can do the same thing with several receivers. The microHD being one of them. ;)

Reactions: . Raine
Tried out the Database Manager and found a bad issue. I deleted out eastern satellites from the database because I'll never use them and it deleted them with no problems, but when I loaded the edited database back into the receiver, the list of satellites in settings is messed up badly.

With the receiver on 97W C, I enter the settings menu and the satellite displayed is 105W C instead of 97W C. If I change to another satellite in that menu, it'll go to a wrong position, like selecting 101W C will display and go to 110W. So the whole list is screwed. luckily, I did keep a original to reload. BUT - I am also using a firmware that is behind the current one by three or four releases now, so it may not do this on the current firmware.

The false positive virus deal I'd just made a BurnConfig.ini file in the install directory with just a few random characters in it and then the program was able to write a config without the AV going off, if anyone else has this happen.

I have been watching the IPTV and XBMC channels and have really enjoyed the video and programming that I have discovered. At first it was almost unwatchable because our only rural cable internet service was limited to 3meg speed so it was continuous buffer-buffer-buffer. Recently our service was upgraded and we now have 30meg (maximum) available with about a net speed of 21meg via WIFI according to Speed Test. Most programming, probably 80-90%, is smooth and nearly no buffering but when watching a program with High Definition and a lot of screen motion I do still have occasional buffering. I have been using WIFI but am thinking of connecting via Ethernet connection with a Cat5 patch cable. Even though my router is only 10-15 feet away from my HDVR3500 unit I am going to have to route the cable up through the attic and down a wall to keep the wire out of the walking path. The routing up and over will be about 50 feet long. Will a 50 ft. cable be too long for a good ethernet connection? I am not knowledgeable of the limits for ethernet cable lengths on a network..
I use one about 30 ft. It works very well. I agree that 50 ft. or more should be fine. And in my experience, ethernet is better than wifi any day.

Reactions: fred555
Can you find a transponder with two HD channels, record one and watch the other then check the quality of recording. Thank you.
Tested recording on 125W, transponder 12106 V 2397, recorded for 5 minutes and watched all other channels on that transponder while recording, worked OK for me. Great picture quality. Will try a few other satellites too.

I use one about 30 ft. It works very well. I agree that 50 ft. or more should be fine. And in my experience, ethernet is better than wifi any day.
I did run a 50 ft. cord and it is definitely better than wifi and more stable. I have a 30meg internet speed account which winds up at around 21meg to the receiver after running through the router and on some of the 1080 HD high action lots of color IPTV channels I do still encounter some stoppage and buffering but most IPTV programming works great....THANKS!

I found a website where you can create a custom .xml format satellite data file and then it can be opened and edited in GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Database Manager and saved as a .bin file. Don't forget to backup you receiver's current database 1st!

You can choose to create files for all satellites, range, region, or choose the satellites you want. If you have both C-band & Ku-band, you may want to choose the "Split different band transponders" option to create separate satellite containers, otherwise it puts the C & Ku transponders all together.

The site claims that the database is updated daily. http://satellites-xml.eu/

To open the file generated by the site, choose Open DB, change where it says Files of type to *.xml, choose the file you downloaded, then click Open. Then save the file by clicking File, Save DB As, create a name for your file, change Save as type to *.bin.

I just created one for myself with just the satellites I use, and it worked great. However, I recommend editing the settings in GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Database Manager, saves a lot of time and headaches. The only field that doesn't need modifying is the longitude field.

There is no channel info so you will need to scan for channels after loading the file to the receiver, or type them in manually in GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Database Manager. You may also have to set your LNB, DiSEqC, & Positioner settings (if you have a motorized setup) on the receiver, or edit them in GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Database Manager before uploading to the receiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: N6BY
ION on 103W c-band has a mux with 3 or 4 HD channels. I did a quick 10 minute record and flipped to the others and both the watching and recording had no detectable problems that I could tell. Seemed like the progress bar took a good bit of time to disappear on the recording, and I had to put in a pass word 2 times. Once to get to the recording and once to get it to play. I have the parental controls and age restriction both turned off but it still NAGs me. But as far as the quality it was great on the short test.

Reactions: N6BY and dsmith0429
ION on 103W c-band has a mux with 3 or 4 HD channels. I did a quick 10 minute record and flipped to the others and both the watching and recording had no detectable problems that I could tell. Seemed like the progress bar took a good bit of time to disappear on the recording, and I had to put in a pass word 2 times. Once to get to the recording and once to get it to play. I have the parental controls and age restriction both turned off but it still NAGs me. But as far as the quality it was great on the short test.
I'd like to get rid of child lock on recordings as well, very annoying when trying to preview or play my files when I have a lot of recordings. I have the parental controls and age restriction both turned off as well, has no affect on recordings :(

I noticed that my first HD record and watch a different HD channel test was performed while my unit was set for 720p 60Hz so I changed it to 1080i 60Hz and retested. My results were similar to my first test. I still had an issue with the progress bar staying on the screen but this time it did not disappear for over a minute and so I stopped and restarted the recording and it did go away after a few seconds. Along with the progress bar staying on the screen the PAUSE indicator was on the screen as well when I viewed the video the first time after recording finished. The video image stayed clear through the fast forward X2, X4, X8, X16... settings but was a bit more jerky when using the fast reverse function. I recorded for 15 minutes and the unit showed the file to be 1G which seems a little large but maybe not. I have a large external drive connected to the back and use that as my default so the size is not critical to me but for someone using the internal storage it could limit how much they could record. As far as the quality of watching both the programming while recording and the recording itself it was good. Only a few split seconds of stutter when I first changed to the second channel from the recording channel but perfect after those couple of seconds. The same issue with the password input box popping up 3 or 4 times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)