PICT0008.JPG
    738.6 KB · Views: 235
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    764.4 KB · Views: 247
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    750.4 KB · Views: 259
:confused: Is all of the firmware eventually going to be upgraded via satellite or just certain things? Do we have a choice to keep a certain version of firmware if we like it or it it going to be up to mission control?

:confused: Is all of the firmware eventually going to be upgraded via satellite or just certain things?
next week it will be set up via G19 satellite if you want to upgrade.
You can set it for auto updates or manual

Right now its USB based

Do we have a choice to keep a certain version of firmware if we like it or it it going to be up to mission control?
if you have it set to manual updates that is up to you ;)
The only thing about right now with USB based is if you dont like it you can go back. Once its updated only on the satellite that will not be an option...well actually you could download the file from the sat first before doing the upgrade ;)

If you dont have KU band and only C band so therefore you arent able to get the updates via the satellite, can you go to satellite AV's website and download any update files for the Micro HD to a usb stick and continue to update the firmware that way?

If you dont have KU band and only C band so therefore you arent able to get the updates via the satellite, can you go to satellite AV's website and download any update files for the Micro HD to a usb stick and continue to update the firmware that way?

Yep sure can. You can do it either way. ;)

I'm sure you will be able to. If not we can always upload it here to the software section

I bet there's a timer on there to open the garage door for you, too, for when you set a c-band timer , haha.
Curious to know how it does on pulling the AC-3 PIDS , especially on 'certain' radio channels on c-band, when you get the c-band dish out sometimes. Very nice review, sounds like a very delicious receiver. Once my S10 (truck) quits asking for brakes and tires and stuff I'm ordering one!

Curious to know how it does on pulling the AC-3 PIDS , especially on 'certain' radio channels on c-band, when you get the c-band dish out sometimes.
that might be a while......sadly this year the dreaded T word reared its head....yup TREES (moreso the leaves)
They grew enough to block me from 131 west from the driveway.......but I might have to move the dish over to the turnaround area in the driveway to see ;)
And I think you mean AAC :)

No, the AC-3 Dolby radio channels was what I was looking for, I have a couple of boxes that just won't scan in radio channels with dolby audio.. One of them won't always play them even when I create the channel manually-very aggravating. If I still had the mercury2 wired up-it NEVER missed one of those! (if the dolby-naming convention has changed, they left me behind, haha, we always called it ac3 on the forum. AAC I thought was the one nothing could get)

While I know the micro won't display 4:2:2 Chroma, can it record it for playpack on a PC?

looks like it does. I recorded 30 seconds of Daystar on 101W C-Band (which is 4:2:2) and after downloading the VLC player it does play
screenshot

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 319
The record length is weird as it defaults to 14 hours and you can’t change it. While this doesn’t bother me right now as timer recordings work properly and I would just hit “stop” when I was done with a on-the-fly recording for some people who hit record and only want it to record say an hour will run into issues. SatelliteAV is aware of it and trying to duplicate it.
Dont know how this happened but it fixed itself. I unplugged the hard drive so I could scan some C-Band for various projects and when I hooked the hard drive back up it defaults to 2:00 to record with the ability to change the recording length

One thing that stands out for me is that the channel information display banner for the Micro HD is missing important information (signal strength, resolution, scrambled, HD, dolby, etc) that other receivers such as the Openbox S9 and Optibox Anaconda receivers display as shown below.

I also noticed within the "Satellite List" dialog that most of the satellite names are short (GAL16, GAL19, SES2, etc). Can longer satellite names (Example: Galaxy 16) be used without being cut off within the onscreen dialogs?

Not to sound negative, but I don't like how "GEOSATpro" is displayed on most of the dialogs. After all the user knows what receiver they purchased.

Attachments

• PICT0027.JPG
    PICT0027.JPG
    835 KB · Views: 301
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 218.JPG
    218.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 304
I guess you didnt look at the pics properly then ;)
post 7 has those pics

When you hit info twice it shows all the info
signal strength, quality, type (S21 or DVB), PIDS, if Dolby digital
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/286849-geosatpro-micro-hd.html#post2895155

or you can hit signal and see a full screen option (see attached)

There is a HD icon on the 1st info screen now
scrambled channels have a $ in front of the channel name

since the receiver can do AC-3 out of the rca cables why do I care that it shows on the 1st info screen? It shows on the 2nd :)

Attachments

• PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    867.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
I also noticed within the "Satellite List" dialog that most of the satellite names are short (GAL16, GAL19, SES2, etc). Can longer satellite names (Example: Galaxy 16) be used without being cut off within the onscreen dialogs?

The list default is actually the orbital slot, then K_the satellite or C_satellite (abbreviated)
So the default list says 89w K_G28. I removed the K_ as I didnt need that.
The orbital slot is part of the name and can be removed if you like to just go by satellite name. SatelliteAV was smart and posting both in the sat list :)

17 character ability and it shows on the screen. So "61w Amazonas" as example shows just fine

Last edited: