GeosatPro Micro HD

Lots more good info in the FTA FAQ's Section also. :)

Ice, I think I read someplace that the MicroHD comes supplied with Closed Caption. I really miss that, but it is NOT a deal beaker.

Does this do Closed Captioning?

Can you take a pic of that, if it does?

Thanks

Photto

OOPS ... I see it listed in "The Features" of post three. But if possible, can you post a picture?

Here you go. :)

To turn on press the Red Button on the Remote then select the CC stream you want. :)

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 329
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 362
Nope not an iPhone for those... :)

That was from my Slingbox... although after I took the shots I notice I had the aspect ratio setup wrong on the Slingbox.

Here is one with the proper aspect ratio. :)

Attachments

• cc3.jpg
    cc3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 311
BTW I saw someone asking for this early... if you hit the Info Button Twice you get the details about the channel you are watching.

Attachments

• cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 313
For a newbie, what is 4:2:2?

its just a way they encode the video. Before HD was mainstream companies used 4:2:2 to send out their SD signals. Now its not used as much.
I know last year during the end of the college b-ball season the "Entertainment and Sports Network" used 4:2:2 when they showed the "mid major" teams games on "U"...Murray State was one of them.

I guess you didnt look at the pics properly then ;)
post 7 has those pics

When you hit info twice it shows all the info
signal strength, quality, type (S21 or DVB), PIDS, if Dolby digital
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/286849-geosatpro-micro-hd.html#post2895155

or you can hit signal and see a full screen option (see attached)

There is a HD icon on the 1st info screen now
scrambled channels have a $ in front of the channel name

since the receiver can do AC-3 out of the rca cables why do I care that it shows on the 1st info screen? It shows on the 2nd :)

I like how the information is displayed, but don't like how you need to hit "info" twice or select "signal" in order to see the signal strength. I guess I became spoiled with the early Coolsat receivers that displayed the signal strength very nicely on the channel information banner and during blind scans.

The Micro HD's channel information banner just seems very empty to me.

I like how the information is displayed, but don't like how you need to hit "info" twice or select "signal" in order to see the signal strength. I guess I became spoiled with the early Coolsat receivers that displayed the signal strength very nicely on the channel information banner and during blind scans.

The Micro HD's channel information banner just seems very empty to me.

I havent got one yet but that was a feature request to minimize the banner for ch to ch changes. If more info was needed then one needs to press the appropriate button on the remote to cycle thru the more detailed overlays.

The idea being for general ch browsing one shouldnt need the entire status overlayed on the video content until it timed out. That's how I understood it was going to work but mine isnt here yet to see it..

I havent got one yet but that was a feature request to minimize the banner for ch to ch changes. If more info was needed then one needs to press the appropriate button on the remote to cycle thru the more detailed overlays.

The idea being for general ch browsing one shouldnt need the entire status overlayed on the video content until it timed out. That's how I understood it was going to work but mine isnt here yet to see it..

I haven't ordered mine yet (still a few weeks before I can), but those of us that are using OpenBox s(whatever number) may see this is VERY similar to their info screen. It too needs to be touched twice for it to be shown, but that has never been a problem for me. I agree that this info is not needed if your just surfing, and is very readily available if you need it.

Just my opinion and every one knows that's not worth much.

Photto

(and thank you Scott again for responding. I know now that this IS my next receiver, but I have to wait a while, other things are more pressing at the moment)

(And Brian, I am still waiting for a PM from you with contact info so I can send you what YOU won !)

Reactions: melbfla
Um ... quick question, Iceberg. You mentioned that the info was there with two clicks of the remote. Does a third click remove that info screen?

Photto

yes
press info once shows the channel name
second info press shows the signal/pids/type etc
3rd press of info (or exit) removes it

now note if you are using the timeshift option pressing info only shows the channel name and how much you've buffered so far

A few days back asked what this can get that the AZBOx can not and what the AZBox can get that this cant. Only reply appears to be that this can not do 422 which the AZBox can and so far there have seen no mentions of anything this can get that the AZBox can not get. If there is nothing in this category what, if any are the advantages of getting one of these if one does have an AZBox?I know the AZbox has some faults (like having a YOUTube listing) but no idea what satellite it is on. Have heard of some items of interest on Youtube but if I try their website it says I need javascript on my computer.

• H8PSK
  • 16APSK
  • Closed Captioning on HDMI and on VBI
  • Full screen Signal Meter
  • $120 remaining in your wallet :D
Just posted a ton of microHD screen captures in the SatelliteAV profile. [url]http://www.satelliteguys.us/members/satelliteav-albums.html[/URL]
The closed captioning is of no interest to me - I have never intentionally used it.I have no problem with the signal meter on the AZBox.What are H8PSK &16APSK? and what channels are available in this format?By buying the GeosatPro I have $125 less in my wallet, not sure how you come up with having $120 remaining.One thing I asked about before but did not get an answer was, is if his will properly play the NBC feeds that are on W5. Will it?

What are H8PSK &16APSK?
New modulation types. H8PSK (Hierachical 8psk) is a transitional signal that allows both QPSK and 8PSK receivers receive programming from the same signal. Several uplinkers specifically requested this feature as they transition current broadcasters to MPEG4. H8PSK allows broadcasters to keep legacy viewers with older equipment and provide the same programming in higher resolution or reduced bandwidth 8PSK format for MPEG4 viewers. 16APSK is another MPEG4 modulation that allows greater resolution or reduced bandwidth. Once again, requested by North American uplinkers for their clients and also used in portable uplinks. If broadcasters and uplinkers are requesting it, there is a developing market! Both are becoming very common in Europe and starting to show up in North America. Saw many H8PSK and 16PSK products at ANGA show in Cologne, Germany last year. Just a matter of time before QPSK is transitioned.

One thing I asked about before but did not get an answer was, is if his will properly play the NBC feeds that are on W5. Will it?

Is a picture worth a thousand words?

AMC18_NBC_WEST.jpg

Yes, of course AMC18 - 105W C-band, NBC is received without stutter of freezes.

A few days back asked what this can get that the AZBOx can not and what the AZBox can get that this cant. Only reply appears to be that this can not do 422 which the AZBox can and so far there have seen no mentions of anything this can get that the AZBox can not get. If there is nothing in this category what, if any are the advantages of getting one of these if one does have an AZBox?I know the AZbox has some faults (like having a YOUTube listing) but no idea what satellite it is on. Have heard of some items of interest on Youtube but if I try their website it says I need javascript on my computer.

My azboxes did NOT blindscan very well, nor did they have a particularly sensitive tuner module. They also had intermittent issues with motor control. The MicroHD stb is better in all these areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)