Good deal NFL-ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
49ers & Raiders

Bummer you couldnt get the deal. This was on all the 'hot deals' web sites, so maybe they just got too many calls on it and cut back on it.

That was my take. Half the games I wanted to watch on ST were on the local channels, and my old home team is nationally televised at least 3-5 times a year so I had a hard time anteing up $380 to watch 10-12 games I wanted to see that I'd otherwise have to watch on NFL Replay for free a couple of days later.

You think watching the Lions is tough, try living in Raiders/49ers territory. Not only do the local teams reek, with two of them they end up knocking one of the good national games off the local channels programming schedule.

I too live in the SF Bay Area, and you are correct, both teams are bad, real bad, although I have some hope for the Niners this year. But, it is true I almost feel I have to get NFL ST & SF due to the fact that all the great Sunday afternoon games will not be shown here due to NFL broadcast rules, (only local teams shown unless it is blacked out).

I dont even live in the bay area. I'm about an hour east of Sacramento and a 3+ hour drive from Oakland or SF, but because the sacramento area channels are in the "local broadcast area" for the 49ers and Raiders, I'm stuck in that bucket. Of course I'd need a 40' mast and an antenna the size of a jumbo jet to receive the Sac locals by broadcast, but that doesnt make any difference.

IMO both teams need new owners, a quality GM, a coach you've heard of before and then 2-3 years to unwind the mess before either of them will break 8-8.

How about this: My father inlaw who has been a Directv sub for maybe 8-10 years, called and got the new sub promotion today but he has to pay for superfan BUT he gets the premier (which he already has) and DVR service fee free for 5 months. So he got NFL ST for $60 a month X 5 months, the premier package free for 5 months and free DVR service for 5 months but has to pay $20 X 5 months for the superfan. In the end his bill will go down. Like I said in a previous post waiting until the promotion starts and the CSR have more control over what they can do.

How about this: My father inlaw who has been a Directv sub for maybe 8-10 years, called and got the new sub promotion today but he has to pay for superfan BUT he gets the premier (which he already has) and DVR service fee free for 5 months. So he got NFL ST for $60 a month X 5 months, the premier package free for 5 months and free DVR service for 5 months but has to pay $20 X 5 months for the superfan. In the end his bill will go down. Like I said in a previous post waiting until the promotion starts and the CSR have more control over what they can do.
I got this same promotion great deal!:up

Glad to hear they are still dealing - but I got the deal of the thread so far (revealed on opening weekend). :yikes

Any "Old" (2 years for me) customer getting the "Fall promotion" to get ST for the 1st time? I would love to get ST but the normal price is not even an option at this point........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my Sunday Ticket story.. Like many others I called a few weeks ago and cancelled my Sunday Ticket/Superfan because of cost. I tried to get a discount when I called but was offered none. I called back in a week and told the rep(retentions) that I had cancelled my NFLST becasue of cost but I was reading on the internet that many were getting a 20.00 discount and free superfan. The rep put me on hold and came back with 5 payments of 55.99 for Sunday Ticket and 1/2 off superfan. That was the best he could do. I declined. Called back today and asked for the new customer offer of 59.99 for NFLST and Premier. The nice woman on the phone told me that as of this time , I want eligible for that offer. I asked her when I would be and she explained that the offer of 59.99 for NFLST and Premier was for new customers only. I asked here what offers I was eligible for and she explained that I currently has a 10.00 a month credit o n my account and that that was why I couldnt get the 20.00 off per month for 6 months . I only had one more moth left of the 10.00 credit as I was expiring next month. SHe told me she would remove that credit and see what offers she could come up with... after a bit of computer work, she came back with NFLST 55.99 a month for 5 months(279.99) minus a 20.00 a month credit for 6 months(120.00 ) for a total of 159.99 for NFLST .. She then went back to her computer to look for Free superfan offer. She was able to find that for me as well... 19 minutes on the phone and NFLST/ superfan for 159.99 .. pretty good afternoon... SO if you currently have a credit on your account and they dont offer you the 20.00 credit, ask them to remove it and see what they can come up with...

Here is my deal.

I also received $20 off for 6 months. They upgraded my hd receiver free and gave me HD free for a year:rolleyes: I think it's a good deal. I would have Loved Super Fan free. I couldn't get any movie channels from them though. I did a refer a friend so that will save me another 10 bucks a month for 10 months. $340 in savings and I didn't have to renew my contract:)

I called and spoke with a nice rep.

Bottom line, I took the $20 for 6 month deal.

My total for NFLST and SF worked out to be under $250 ($248.94) which was my budget limit.

Question: I just signed up yesterday with the "choices xtra hd-dvr" package minus $21/mo for one year.

What exactly are they offering as I would love to get Sunday ticket with superfan.

Would it be cheaper/better to take the current fall deal and can I change one day later?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)