Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

They need to see the games to beat the apps...by the time the app is updated..its too late...no they are not instantly updated...thats why directv created the redzone channel...the NFL version is atleast a minute behind
Why do we care about gamblers, the main concern was/is availability for the majority of the United States, especially for those without DirecTV or did not want to pay the extremely high prices of DirecTV..

They have achieved that, to say we should worry about gambling with ST is just trying to create another issue over nothing, just as been done since it was announced that DirecTV no longer wanted it since they have and continue to lose so many subscribers.

Once again, the list of the negative things about ST going streaming-

Google’s servers will fail because they will not handle the streaming traffic with Sunday Ticket.

It (ST) will not get as many new subscribers since it is not available on DirecTV.

It is no longer free.

The price will go up next year.

The preorder price goes away in two months.

You have to pay for the internet.

Only two streams which means I will not be able to password share with my friends/family.

The picture/sound will not be as nice.

Google is making me think about switching to YTTV and dropping DirecTV to save at least $500 an year and I don’t like it.
( seen that on on Reddit).

Wahhh…things are changing and I hate it.

Gamblers will not be happy.

Alphabet’s stock prices will be affected.

Google cannot make money on Sunday Ticket.

YTTV prices will go up at a faster pace then Cable/Satellite Providers.

The whole issue of gambling, specifically live gambling is a huge nothingburger IMO. I do live betting on football and in my experience the delay that we had on DirecTV had zero impact on me. It's just not that big a deal for me because I bet at the end of quarters, at halftime, commercial breaks etc.
The universe has put a limit on the speed of light. If people can't get their bets in and complain that latency was an issue, blame the universe for the speed limit, not YTTV.

The whole issue of gambling, specifically live gambling is a huge nothingburger IMO. I do live betting on football and in my experience the delay that we had on DirecTV had zero impact on me. It's just not that big a deal for me because I bet at the end of quarters, at halftime, commercial breaks etc.
The universe has put a limit on the speed of light. If people can't get their bets in and complain that latency was an issue, blame the universe for the speed limit, not YTTV.

Five NFL players suspended for violating league's gambling policy, including Lions' 2022 first-round pick​

They need to see the games to beat the apps...by the time the app is updated..its too late...no they are not instantly updated...thats why directv created the redzone channel...the NFL version is atleast a minute behind
The gambling apps are way faster than what is broadcast according my coworkers. They don't even watch most games they bet on. I am sure it is all AI updates on the back-end, so you don't have to wait on a human to update things.

The gambling red herring reminds me of all the faux concern about the commercial side as if everyone here suddenly owned a sports bar.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
Yes its much better to concentrate on the smaller one team fan market than to widen the appeal of a service you waaaay over paid for

Yes its much better to concentrate on the smaller one team fan market than to widen the appeal of a service you waaaay over paid for
Why are those the only two options? I know plenty of people who have gotten ST in the past who aren't gamblers and just like football. I was considering getting it for my mom and brother as they are just big football fans.

Why are those the only two options? I know plenty of people who have gotten ST in the past who aren't gamblers and just like football. I was considering getting it for my mom and brother as they are just big football fans.
Are they going to pay thru the nose for it?..some will but many will live without

Are they going to pay thru the nose for it?..some will but many will live without
Who is going to pay thru the nose for it?

Who is going to pay thru the nose for it?
Not many..thats why google will learn a few lessons about sports fans...they didn't subscribe to Directv because they had Sunday Ticket...they subscribed to ( discounted) Sunday Ticket because it was on directv that they already had for exclusive sports packages..yes eventually all those sports packages except the NFL became non exclusive...not many bought directv exclusivly for the NFL..and with streaming companies finding out consumers don't like higher prices..this should be fun to watch

Not many..
No, what do you mean by the nose, are you referring to the amount of money?
thats why google will learn a few lessons about sports fans..
You do know that YTTV is one of two Live TV Providers that is gaining in subscribers, without all those sports you refer to.
.they didn't subscribe to Directv because they had Sunday Ticket...they subscribed to ( discounted) Sunday Ticket because it was on directv that they already had for exclusive sports packages..
And yet, DirecTV has all those sports and still has lost 12 Million Subscribers.

Regular season sports ( except for the NFL,and some College Football) gets awful ratings, I already posted a link before that showed the NY Yankees last season had a average of a little over 200,000 watching games on Yes, in a Metro Population of 20 Million, that is terrible, yet they had the best average for all the MLB teams.

If people really cared about all those sports, DirecTV would have a lot more subscribers and the RSNs would be a stable business.
yes eventually all those sports packages except the NFL became non exclusive...not many bought directv exclusivly for the NFL..
Of course they did because there was no choice, if you wanted ST you had to get DirecTV.

I wanted ST since I moved to Florida, I did/do not want DirecTV, their prices are insane considering you can get the majority of the same new content on streaming services and most Live TV channels are nothing but reruns, the same reruns you can get on Pluto for free.

To be fair, I do not think YTTV is worth it either, if I could not use my CC points to pay for it, I would drop it also.
and with streaming companies finding out consumers don't like higher prices..this should be fun to watch
Does that mean people are happy with the increases that Traditional Providers has every year, some even twice in a year?

No one is happy with increases, but Traditional Providers would have to have a price freeze for about 7 years for streaming to catch up.

Well, it is cheaper than it used to be since you can get it a la carte, so probably more than used to?
And it is actually less if you have YTTV vs how much it was with DirecTV, as long as you get it before June 6.

As far as the stand alone option goes, it was not offered that way before the the majority of the population, can’t compare the price it since it did not exists before.

A straight comparison, YTTV with ST vs DirecTV with ST, it is not even close.

Five NFL players suspended for violating league's gambling policy, including Lions' 2022 first-round pick​

Once again the NFL has shown itself to be hypocrites. And don't tell me that players gambling make people question the leagues integrity. Associating your organization with gambling automatically lowers your integrity.

• Love
Reactions: AZ.
Not that it has anything to do with this topic, but the NFL is being 100% hypocritical. The NFL is sponsored by gambling. Obviously, players cannot bet on football. I get that. But most of the players suspended were for betting on other sports on their cell phones while on team property. WTF cares.

Reactions: Jimbo
It's pretty straightforward, you can't participate in any gambling activities in any club facility or venue. Pretty basic stuff that they and a number of staff ignored. A reach (to put it kindly) to call that hypocritical, but the usual suspects just reaching to find anything negative.