GoogleTV

Has anyone successfully ordered and received a Logitech Revue from Dish? The Dish web site still indicates that they are out of stock and does not allow you to place an order. I called and talked with a CSR who really couldn't do anything but tell me to try again later.

Has anyone successfully ordered and received a Logitech Revue from Dish? The Dish web site still indicates that they are out of stock and does not allow you to place an order. I called and talked with a CSR who really couldn't do anything but tell me to try again later.

I got through on Thursday last week to a CSR. The website was useless. Supposed to arrive this week.

When I ordered this morning I was told it would ship in 3 to 5 business days. I was not charged the integration fee but was told it would appear on my bill. For as long as the Revue is integrated.

Regarding PlayOn, I tried watching something on CBS and got a message from PlayOn that I needed Flash 10+. Well, Flash 10+ won't run on my 64 bit HP. There is a 64 bit beta that I guess I'll have to try. NBC plays fine.

I ordered one on Thursday. I was told it would be 5 business days to receive it. I chatted this morning and was told that they did not have tracking information but it shipped Thursday and I should have it today. I got cut off of that chat, so I got back on to find out why there was no tracking info, this time I was told that it had not shipped yet and they did not know how long it would be. So, I tried CSR roulette and chatted again later in the day, I was told this time that it would be 5-7 days but that they did not have tracking information. What bunch of useless goons, their customer service makes the Government look really good.

I also ordered Thursday and chatted with a CSR today about the order status. I was told I would receive it by tonight. The CSR could not give me a tracking number and said "if you want you can contact the UPS guys." Without a tracking number - right! Don't you love it! As a 12 year customer, I knew better than to try a couple more CSR's and get a couple different answers. At least with the Chat feature it doesn't take as long to get jerked around.

Ditto, no tracking number. They charged my credit card really efficiently (within 5 minutes), but the box is in a black hole somewhere. Hey E*, I realize that you are moving a lot of boxes, but could you please tell me why it takes 5 days to even get it into the system?

Last edited:
I contacted the executive customer team since I had gotten so many answers as to when to expect my package. Anyway to make a long story short, he said that I should receive it today, however I doubt I do since UPS usually runs early here. He said to call back tomorrow if it didi not come and he would find out what was going on.

I've spoken with 8 CSRs from the first order to the latest helpful guy who sadly had no info but sent a promised follow-up email. I've been disconnected 3 times; twice by CSRs who promised "I won't disconnect you". I've been told it would ship Friday, didn't ship Friday, would ship Saturday, won't ship until Monday, should ship in 3-5 business days.

Today's badly trained CSR was the best. She tried to explain that she knew it went out Saturday, because it said "UPS Saturday". I explained that the delivery-method field isn't the ship date, and asked her to find out whether it shipped, and when. After another hold, she came back and told me it shipped Friday!

I can't tell where they saved more money: a) training CSRs to be unable to do more than ask for your PIN, or b) building a computer system that gives said CSRs nothing more useful than your PIN. But my credit-card purchase sure was handled quickly. :rolleyes:

Is this reflected under shipments in your account on the Dish Website? I called yesterday and all the CSR could tell me was that it was still in processing and should "ship today or tomorrow." I also ordered mine on the 28th and was told then it would arrive in 4 days. As far as I can tell through the forums, no one has actually received one yet and no tracking numbers have been given out. On the website it states standard shipping but the CSR told me it would be UPS 2nd day (not sure if that is their standard shipping). If anyone does get at the very least a tracking number or even better receives their Revue, please post.

Is this reflected under shipments in your account on the Dish Website? I called yesterday and all the CSR could tell me was that it was still in processing and should "ship today or tomorrow." I also ordered mine on the 28th and was told then it would arrive in 4 days. As far as I can tell through the forums, no one has actually received one yet and no tracking numbers have been given out. On the website it states standard shipping but the CSR told me it would be UPS 2nd day (not sure if that is their standard shipping). If anyone does get at the very least a tracking number or even better receives their Revue, please post.
When I ordered via phone yesterday morning I was told I would receive it in 3 - 5 business days. I just looked and there is no tracking number listed for it on My Shipments. But then Dish has been inconsistent in that regard. When I ordered the OTA module for my 922 I got a tracking number. When I got a replacement 922 I did not get a tracking number. When I got a 2nd replacement 922 I did and now with the Revue I did not.

Got no useful info from today's CSR. He confirmed that they can't project a shipping date, just acknowledge a date after the fact. He also confirmed that he has no way of knowing whether any Revue units have shipped to any customers.

The Dish site still reports not-yet-shipped, with no tracking number. :mad:
My wife reports the box arrived at my house today. :)

Was told it was shipping ups 2 day blue when i ordered last Thursday but nothing yet. Chat with csr Sunday night assured me it would be here Monday (yesterday) and now chat today states 3 more days but I will get it and it did ship. No one is able to give a tracking number. This is stupid. The billing program works as my CC has been charged and I now have a $4 fee monthly but not even a simple tracking number can be given. I was also told when I ordered there was NOT a yearly obligation for the $4 fee. I am glad my bill is not over $140 in these economic times!

I just happened to log in to my dish account & finally I see a tracking number. It was shipped out yesterday by 2 day air & from the tracking info, looks like it will be here tomorrow.

I've yet to get an e-mail from Dish telling me that the googletv product is available. In fact even though i signed up on that web-page to get an e-mail about the product, I've received nothing. Dish Network, failing to meet expectations that they themselves set since 1996!

Mike_H said:
I've yet to get an e-mail from Dish telling me that the googletv product is available. In fact even though i signed up on that web-page to get an e-mail about the product, I've received nothing. Dish Network, failing to meet expectations that they themselves set since 1996!

Dish and customer service is a strange bed fellows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts