Great News - Voom Is Here To Stay!!

Insightful and I agree

Lucky said:
This is unbelievable. This is like VOOM Independence Day. What a great day for VOOM customers. :D :D

More importantly, my ***WIFE*** likes Voom. She likes it better than Dish, and for the most part, she is technology agnostic.

Sure, I love Voom, and I hoped my wife would put up with the move from Dish. I was so sad when about 1 week after I received installation I read that it was all going in the can. I'm ashamed to admit I'm so wrapped up in my tele...but the fact remains. And, for me, this is like a prayer (albeit a small one) answered. Now I don't have to choose between Dish and DirectTV, for which second-rate provider I want to choose...I can just remain with the provider I have, which I LOVE. I can keep Kung Fu. I can keep Rave. I can keep HBO/SHO/CIN/Bravo HD... and my wife still gets the Boom she loves.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest...the characterization as Independence Day is *very* compelling. Well put.
-NICK

As Londo would say, "thank the Great Maker that VOOM is saved." Now I can cancel my DirecTV when my commitment ends in March. Besides the prospect of only 9 HDTV channels on *D vs. 40 on VOOM looked quite gloomy. Now maybe we can get on with the DVR and Network HD channels.

Voom

I am happy i got Voom my Installer thought i was crazy he said did you hear the news and i said yes i did hear the news and i don't care i still want my Voom,my family, friends and neibor thought i was nuts then when i got it hooked up and showed them what Voom was, there were saying WOW nice picture. :D

If I read the stockholder's information correctly, Charlie owns about 15% of the outstanding shares of Cablevision. Although he is the largest stockholder in Cablevision, it would only take a few of the large institutional investors to outvote him. So its not really as simple as selling the company to TW as he could only sell his 15%.

With current stock pricing, Charlie's 15% is worth just over $1Billion dollars. Pledging his interest in Cablevision as collateral could raise quite a bit of funding.

Now onto a different angle. If the Rainbow 1 satellite was sold to Dish at a fire sale price, then Charles leases space back on it at a favorable price, then buys the remaining assets of Voom for the price of Voom's liabilities, I would think that Charlies has painted himself into a corner. If he suceeds with Voom by taking it private, the other stockholders of Cablevision (the remaining 85%) are going to claim that they were robbed and you'll see SEC investigations and lawsuits out the gazoo.

I love Voom, but how can Mr. Dolan suceeds with Voom, without loosing with Cablevision??

:):):):)---:)-----:)-------:)--------:)------:)---:)----:)----:):):)
---:)-------:)-----:)-----:)-:)------:)-:)----:)---:)--:)----:)
---:)-------:):):):)----:)---:)-----:)---:)--:)---:):)-------:):):)
---:)-------:)-----:)---:):):):)----:)----:)-:)---:)--:)-----------:)
---:)-------:)-----:)--:)-------:)---:)------:)----:)----:)---:):):)

No need to say anything else!!!!!!

Voom

JimP said:
If I read the stockholder's information correctly, Charlie owns about 15% of the outstanding shares of Cablevision. Although he is the largest stockholder in Cablevision, it would only take a few of the large institutional investors to outvote him. So its not really as simple as selling the company to TW as he could only sell his 15%.

With current stock pricing, Charlie's 15% is worth just over $1Billion dollars. Pledging his interest in Cablevision as collateral could raise quite a bit of funding.

Now onto a different angle. If the Rainbow 1 satellite was sold to Dish at a fire sale price, then Charles leases space back on it at a favorable price, then buys the remaining assets of Voom for the price of Voom's liabilities, I would think that Charlies has painted himself into a corner. If he suceeds with Voom by taking it private, the other stockholders of Cablevision (the remaining 85%) are going to claim that they were robbed and you'll see SEC investigations and lawsuits out the gazoo.

I love Voom, but how can Mr. Dolan suceeds with Voom, without loosing with Cablevision??

Just enjoy Voom Mr. Dolan has some cards under his sleave he has invenstors who we do not know but they must have some deep pockets i just can't wait tell the new channels and there DVR. :D

Sean Mota said:
This is part of the PR for those KA-band satellites. Does it look like 61.5 was ever part of the future (Assuming there is a future)? Look at the orbital locations and 61.5 is not there.

What was a dark, wet, cold day is now very bright :D

Lets not forget that KA-Band frequencies will be prime realestate for companies in the mobile phone, wireless internet, and a few other telecommunication & broadcast industries. The transponder leases to other companies would be more than enough to keep VOOM funded.

So when can we start investing in VOOM HD, LLC?

Voom

rgarbonzo said:
Anyone else notice that this comes 21 days after the sale to E*. (Voom 21)? I predict that on the 21st we will hear more

I agree with you i think were going to hear more and were going to find out who is helping Mr. Dolan someone out there must have some deep pockets. :D

Oh, my gosh! I just came online and FOUND THIS NEWS !!

This is incredible. Going online was never this good !!
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif

What will happen next? ...... Bring on the DVR !!! :p :yes :bounce :rainbow

1080iBeVuMin said:
Oh, my gosh! I just came online and FOUND THIS NEWS !!

This is incredible. Going online was never this good !!
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif

What will happen next? ...... Bring on the DVR !!! :p :yes :bounce :rainbow
YES!!! And can you believe it...7,200+ views (on this thread in 10 hours, and 6,200+ views on this one http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=47509 in two days! Happy days are here again! Love your little
woohoo.gif
!! Vicki

remmy said:
Let's make sure we are showing our support by calling your Consumer Electronic Stores and Corperations Best Buy, Circuit City. Ask them when and where you can buy your Voom system from them. If anyone has corp. 800 numbers for either or direct numbers to their buyers at corp. Please share and let's get beind this. Thanks for listening.
How about an email campaign? Go to Circuitcity.com and Bestbuy.com and click on "Contact Us". Send an email asking when they plan to start selling VOOM in their retail outlets. A few hundred, or thousand could get somebody's attention. May not help, sure won't hurt.

ddlsmith said:
How about an email campaign? Go to Circuitcity.com and Bestbuy.com and click on "Contact Us". Send an email asking when they plan to start selling VOOM in their retail outlets. A few hundred, or thousand could get somebody's attention. May not help, sure won't hurt.
Okay, I'm in. And next time I'm in an electronics store, if someone asks if I need any help I'll be sure to ask them if they have a Voom display I could look at. :D

This was a great way to start the day hearing this. I was pretty sure that Voom was going to stay after I opened my new Dell PC box up yesterday and saw that the catalog that came with the PC was still advertising Voom.

Let's go into recruiter mode, folks

ddlsmith said:
Great idea with the emails - we can ALLl do that! Also, I'm going to stop by the local Sears store after work and make sure the sales force is AWARE that VOOM is alive and well! Beyond that, I've noticed some houses in my area with the two E dishes, meaning they have HD service. I'm going to stop and ask them if they are aware of VOOM. I'll even go so far as to invite them to my house to see the superior VOOM for themselves! How about a challenge - let's all try to recruit just 2 new VOOM customers in the next month.....no prizes; just a little help to keep VOOM around. Let's all talk it up, folks! We can make a real impact if we make some noise!

polargrowler said:
Beyond that, I've noticed some houses in my area with the two E dishes, meaning they have HD service.

I had 2 E* dishes and didn't have HD. Had to have the second dish to receive a couple of the more obscure locals. I think that E* had to scamble when the law requiring ALL locals be offered by satellite providers went into effect and they didn't have transponder room.

All of Dish HD is on their standard 119/110 sats which means you can get it with a single dish.

The only exception to this is CBS HiDef out of NY and LA, they are carried on the 61.5 bird, but only a small percentage of the dish customers qualify for it because you need waivers to receive it.