Help with getting this dish pointed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

graynoise

Original poster
Nov 1, 2020
VA
Someone I know(not familiar with satelite tv, just overconfident in his ablities) began the process of changing over from Direct tv to Orby. It seems he bit off more that he could chew and abandoned the project. and now I am trying to pick up where he left off.
The dish is mounted, and according to orby's site, the zipcode indicates the elevation to be 30.5,skew 39.9 and the azimuth to be 243.8.
Unless I misunderstand, 243 is somewhere southwest. On this site, I read the satelite is located at 117 degrees, which seems to be a southeast direction.
I'm sure this is my ignorance of this subject, but am I wrong in assuming these two bits of information clash?

1604272140505.png

The numbers look correct for that Zip code in VA. The Satellite is at 117 degrees W Longitude. That places it over the equator lined up with cites west of you, like Boise ID or Las Vegas. To point at 117 W you need to aim your dish at compass vector 243.8 degrees (compass magnetic reading - not true). Elevation and skew look good. Make sure the mast is perfectly plumb!!!

Look at this video:

The numbers look correct for that Zip code in VA. The Satellite is at 117 degrees W Longitude. That places it over the equator lined up with cites west of you, like Boise ID or Las Vegas. To point at 117 W you need to aim your dish at compass vector 243.8 degrees (compass magnetic reading - not true). Elevation and skew look good. Make sure the mast is perfectly plumb!!!

Look at this video:

Ahhh..Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)