If you cancel, watch your CC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
occ your quiting because of install, who else do you get it.

Billing? How else do you know when to pay.
CSR? Is top flight I dont' have a clue what you're talking about.

Another option and this is what I did. Get a credit card with $100.00 limit or whatever your monthly charge would be. That way if they try to overcharge or add extra charges it will be denied. I just pay that credit card in time so voom's monthly charge will go through. If you cancel voom cancel the credit card.

Well, last week they said they would escalate and get a call back on WED, no call back. Called yesterday, asked why they didn't call, she said that corporate should have, but would not give me a number to call corporate. Took another escalation order AT LEVEL 4 (guess that's the highest), still don't have my $90 they stole from me for billing 5 weeks after cancellation and they refuse to turn it around any quicker.

voom fanboy said:
First of all your nutz to be leaving Voom.
Second Voom would never rip anybody off. You can't stay in business long if you did.

You may be on to something! :p

First, do realize that VOOM is a corrupt to the core company! I have been trying to get my $439 back form them since APRIL!!!
At first they said the check was in the mail, then it was credited to my acct. Then they did the old "will expedite this..." , then they did the "will send up a level.."
Well, this is all a bunch of crap. They have no intention of giving back your money. They will play their crooked little song and dance until you get tired and give up. At that point, your $ they keep will help VOOM put off bankruptcy by an additional 5 seconds.
Remember, when they say they will "escalate it", that means that they will do NOTHING! They might even laugh at you after you hang up (" Oh, that stupid former VOOM customer! He thinks we will give him his $ back! Haha!")

I contacted my CC and they have have removed the cjarges while it is in dispute. Not one person at VOOM has ever said that I wasn't entitled to my refund. They would simply say that it was a shame that I hadn't got my $ back, or " We will give you a call back in a few days to give you a status" (never happened!). Tell every one you know to avoid VOOM, they are crooked!
They are the first company that I have taken for dispute to my CC in the last 10 years. Once VOOM has your $, they won't give it back. I wouldn't trust them with my $, certainly not with my cc#!

dclark,

there's a quick and easy solution and you will avoid a lot of frustration. Send an email to Wilt and will put you in contact with the right person. As you have experienced (and I do not know who you talked to) CSRs can give you the run around and it appears that VOOM is not willing to give you your money. Well that is not correct. I do not know where things broke down but I am sure that if you contact Wilt it will get to the correct person and you will get your refund immediately.

P.S. "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net.

You mean the same wilt that, if emailed, could get my ota to work? I emailed him back in march and that didn't do any good- it was just a waste of time like the rest of VOOM.
Any company that doesn't honor its contract with its customers should be avoided. I shouldn't have to email "wilt" or beg for my $ back.
This is one of the reasons why VOOM will go belly up.

dclark said:
You mean the same wilt that, if emailed, could get my ota to work? I emailed him back in march and that didn't do any good- it was just a waste of time like the rest of VOOM.
Any company that doesn't honor its contract with its customers should be avoided. I shouldn't have to email "wilt" or beg for my $ back.
This is one of the reasons why VOOM will go belly up.

Well man,

I do not know the specifics of your problems with Wilt. But everybody that we had refer here and have send them an email, got solutions. There's not much else we can do here. Good luck.

Sean not everybody. I know you are trying and you do a good job here but... I was billed 5 times in July. The CSR and supervisor I spoke with both told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get a refund. I emailed Wilt and I never heard anything. The only way I got my problem solved was to cancel my CC and dispute the charges. My CC was great and credited my CC immediately. They actually told me they had other customers call in with Voom billing problems. I am still with Voom but this billing problem among many other problems I've had is why I am so outspoken and negative most of the time in this forum. There is no reason why 1 man should have the burden of the whole company on his shoulders. I have no idea why Wilt never got back with me. But this original poster is not the only one that didn't get a response.

Bob

Sean Mota said:
Well man,

I do not know the specifics of your problems with Wilt. But everybody that we had refer here and have send them an email, got solutions. There's not much else we can do here. Good luck.

"Everybody" is a pretty all encompassing word that Sean has used. I too think Sean is doing a good job but his canned response to "email Wilt" probably isn't as failsafe as he thinks it is.

I think it would be interesting for all on this board that has "emailed Wilt" to respond here indicating whether that action has actually helped or not.
(I don't consider this "Wilt bashing", just trying to determine how successful this approach has been and sharing it with the group)

Well, if you email Wilt once and you never got a response; Did you try another time? Don't know what happened? but you should have at least try once more.

txcruiser,

don't know what you are trying to accomplish by trying to statistically measures Wilt's good will toward us. It is not his job to do this yet he has volunteered to do it. Even if he his ratio is 1/100 (which is not), it makes no sense to statiscally bash his help or assistance for that matter. So please quit the how many Wilt has helped it make very little sense.

You guys amaze me. You come here and post your problems. We tell you the "canned" response (as you put it), contact Wilt. What else do you expect from us? Do you think we can resolve the billing problems? I do not have access to that. I am giving you the best advice I can find (Contact Wilt). If you don't want to do that, there is not much we can do.

Sean,

You amaze me as well. Why do you protect Wilt like he is your little brother and I'm the big bully? You first said he helps "everybody" but now you have backed off that claim. I'm fine with cutting him some slack since he is volunteering to help but why are you so opposed to finding out how much he has REALLY helped? If you think the posts are all going to be from "Wilt bashers" delete their post or close the thread.
Don't you think there will be as many (or more) "pro Wilt" posts that will only help's VOOM cause?

txcruiser said:
Sean,

You amaze me as well. Why do you protect Wilt like he is your little brother and I'm the big bully? You first said he helps "everybody" but now you have backed off that claim. I'm fine with cutting him some slack since he is volunteering to help but why are you so opposed to finding out how much he has REALLY helped? If you think the posts are all going to be from "Wilt bashers" delete their post or close the thread.
Don't you think there will be as many (or more) "pro Wilt" posts that will only help's VOOM cause?

txcruiser

what do you have against Wilt? Please I have to ask. Why don't you go and ask the man himself. He is one forum away from you. It is very easy to trash people here and not face him face to face. So please go and ask him at the Yahoo group. If you have something against him, go and ask him and face the music.

Sean,

You just don't get it. I'm NOT "anti" Wilt. But I'm not "pro" Wilt like you. Moderators shouldn't be like this. It's too bad since you only want us to post "pro" Wilt posts. So much for this freedom in the VOOM group. You are just too protective and it's hurting the VOOM users from getting ALL the information they hope to find here.

txcruiser said:
Sean,

You just don't get it. I'm NOT "anti" Wilt. But I'm not "pro" Wilt like you. Moderators shouldn't be like this. It's too bad since you only want us to post "pro" Wilt posts. So much for this freedom in the VOOM group. You are just too protective and it's hurting the VOOM users from getting ALL the information they hope to find here.

Of course, you accused anyone who goes against your own claims. I am not defending Wilt like you said. You want to conduct a poll on how many people has Wilt helped. I won't allow this here. I respect people for what they are and don't treat them like another poll. If you want to do your poll go and do it in the Yahoo group. I wonder why you are the only one who is against Wilt help. Do you want me to say please don't bother Wilt anymore. He is too busy? Do you want me to say that instead and you will be happy once more.

I think having a person's name (such as Wilt) labeled as VOOM's "backdoor" help is your biggest hangup about my posts. If this support had a name like "Generic Voom Volunteer Support Center" you won't take it so personal and you wouldn't mind users discussing the support they have or haven't been getting from using it.

txcruiser said:
Sean,

txcruiser,
maybe you are not "anti" Wilt but you seem to be "anti" Voom and, in fact, you dropped Voom because you didn't like it. Why are you still here wasting your time?

txcruiser said:
I think having a person's name (such as Wilt) labeled as VOOM's "backdoor" help is your biggest hangup about my posts. If this support had a name like "Generic Voom Volunteer Support Center" you won't take it so personal and you wouldn't mind users discussing the support they have or haven't been getting from using it.

txcruiser,

you have your own way of thinking how this forum should run. However, I do not agree with you on this one. Wilt is not a support center. Wilt is a person for heaven's sake; I have never met the man but had a lot of conversation with him. Any personal attacks to members or people that interact in this forum (in good will) will not be allowed. That's the way it is in every forum. You can poll, attack, the entity but when it comes to people that actually interact with others here, it is a no no. I hope you understand that and respect that. I would do the same for you and any members here. Wilt happens to be a member here as well;

andrzej said:
txcruiser,
maybe you are not "anti" Wilt but you seem to be "anti" Voom and, in fact, you dropped Voom because you didn't like it. Why are you still here wasting your time?

I guess I didn't read the handbook on the rules of this forum. Although I'm probably not the only who has cancelled VOOM but still have a lingering billing issue so the topic of this thread caught my attention.

andrzej,

My question to you... Since you haven't cancelled VOOM yet, why are you even reading this thread since it's called "If You Cancel, Watch You CC"

You must be thinking about cancelling??

txcruiser said:
andrzej,

My question to you... Since you haven't cancelled VOOM yet, why are you even reading this thread since it's called "If You Cancel, Watch You CC"

You must be thinking about cancelling??

Nope. It's called thirst for knowledge. (See also curiosity and wonder.) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts