If you cancel, watch your CC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
andrzej,

You should appreciate that former VOOMERs still "waste our time" here else how would you ever quench your thirst for knowledge about cancellation issues?

txcruiser said:
andrzej,

You should appreciate that former VOOMERs still "waste our time" here else how would you ever quench your thirst for knowledge about cancellation issues?

I do appreciate it. And I agree that all those billing problems are unacceptable and must be solved not by asking Wilt to work overtime but by making some serious organizational changes. Anyway, I stay positive and wish you the same. :)

I replied to this ropic because:
1) Anyone who is considering subscribing to VOOM should be aware that there is a chance that VOOM will not honor the agreement that a subscriber enters into.
2) They may refuse to refund your $ and give you the run around with your credit card.
What are the chances? I can't really say, but I think that I am not the first and that there are others as well. I think people should know.

About WIlt- yeah, I guess the "ask wilt" deal is about as common as the reboot to get ota- neither worked for me. However, it really doesn't matter.
1) When I subscribed to VOOM, I was promised that I would get OTA. It never came to pass.
2) The contract stated that I was entitled to a refund within 30 days.Nowhere did it say that I had to "contact wilt" to get my $ when the VOOM weasels tell me that they don't why I haven't gotten my $, or that they'll "escalate it".
When I talked to the dispute person at my CC, I told him about the 30 day policy. He asked me if I returned all the equipment and I replied that I did. He never asked "Did you email Wilt"?
If all the people who had problems with VOOM giving us our $ were to complain, I bet we could get a case going with the FTC or even the FCC.

Sean Mota said:
Wilt is not a support center.
You're correct. He's a person. But, with all due respect, you treat him like one by saying things like this:
Sean Mota said:
there's a quick and easy solution and you will avoid a lot of frustration. Send an email to Wilt
and
Sean Mota said:
I do not know the specifics of your problems with Wilt. But everybody that we had refer here and have send them an email, got solutions.

I pose this question: What else are we supposed to e-mail him about? To say "Hi!"? No! For support.

I'm not saying Wilt-bashing is appropriate. In fact, Wilt is the best thing that has happened to Voom. However, what happens to Voom if Wilt retires/leaves? Then who do we fall back on?

What the general population is trying to say around here is that Wilt should not be Voom's escape goat. Voom should have better services so that Wilt doesn't have to be notified/e-mailed.

You know something , I never got on here and really bitch about voom but now I am , They do suck! When it comes to billing I just look at my CC statement online and the SOB's charged me again for $68.89 I had the Voom package $39.90 + the box and the BS tax and I was still suppose to have a credit $44 . I have had it with this company.

I won't be rushing into anything ever again that requires CC Autopay thanks to VOOM.

If VOOM was smart they would drop this requirement as a first step toward acting like a legitimate company. (2nd step would be to reorganize the support center so that "emailing the volunteer Wilt" isn't necessary)

Still..... I have been told over and over that this will be paid in the next few days and it has not. I spoke w/Walter Hayward (if that's his name) this AM and he told me to call back after 8:30 pacific to speak w/the billing department. I told him this was unusual, but he said I could speak w/them and made a note in the file that I should be able to.

Called back after 8:30 PT and they told me I can't speak w/billing. I told them Walter said I could, they said they can't. I asked for a number for billing, theysaid they don't have one. I said they have phones don't they, but they refused to give me a number. They said they would escalate it. I told them it had been escalated a number of times already and that nothing has happened. I asked to speak w/the manager.

The supervisor gets on the phone and says he can't do anything about t and he would escalate. I told them they tell me that every time and no-one calls back. He says he is looking at the escalation department right now and that they will call back . I said, if your looking at them then hand them the phone and let me talk w/them. "I can;t do that". Then send my call over there. "I have no way of doing that". BS. Anyway, he says they will call back within the hour.

The weird thing is that the CSR's are the nicest people, but don't/can't do anything about anything. It's like having a cute puppy at home that s***s on the carpet all day long.

I had 4 neighbors that where interested in VOOM. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy at this point.

I guess I'll be filing w/VISA and the BBB (as if that will do anything).

sorry for the rant, just a little pi**ed off at the moment.

occammd said:
The weird thing is that the CSR's are the nicest people, but don't/can't do anything about anything.

You nailed it with that line. I too found them to be the nicest CSRs I have ever talked to from any company. But they are worthless when it came to getting results.

Escalate? Has anyone ever defined what "escalate" is? I have never heard of an "escalation" department. Escalate is code for VOOM waving the middle finger at you.
Their use of credit card fraud helps them buy a little time before bankruptcy kicks in.

It's when the trash can is put on top of the file cabinet. Then your request gets put in the trash can. That's escalation according to Doom.

They actually called BACK. In about 20 miutes. But they called the wrong phone #, even after I specifically gave the guy my cell phone . Anyway, she said she would escalate it to the escalation manager. Do you believe that. So here we wait some more.

She was very kind, but could do nothing about billing. I told her they were the nicest group of useless people I had ever met. She took w/the humor it was meant, but, sadly, its also the truth.

It turns out they are a call center for Sears and VOOM.

I wonder if the escalation manager will escalate it. I asked to speak w/her, but she was at lunch.

I sent an email, Mcafee didn't like your address, let me know if here if you don't get it today.

Well..., Sean was kind enough to send some emails and even he got no response from anyone. I called VOOM again today and they said they see the problem, my credit card has been "unassigned" from the account. Whatever that means. I asked her why no-one had told me about this over the past calls and she had no idea.

Fortunately for me she is going to assign this "High Priority" (yeah right) and get it fixed right away. What a joke.

No offense, really, but I would dump this company like a bad habit 'cause when they do go under with their ~30K subs there going to pre-bill you and you will have no chance in he** of getting it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)