Internet Connection Issues

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

Have tried for the past few days to connect my Edision Mio 4K to the internet, but no luck.
I tried the wizard connection feature and it found my WLAN, but after that I'm having trouble getting it to connect to the internet wirelessly. I tried manually entering the IP address, subnet mask, DNS servers but still no wireless connection.
What am I missing ?
Thanks in advance.

John

Hi All,

Have tried for the past few days to connect my Edision Mio 4K to the internet, but no luck.
I tried the wizard connection feature and it found my WLAN, but after that I'm having trouble getting it to connect to the internet wirelessly. I tried manually entering the IP address, subnet mask, DNS servers but still no wireless connection.
What am I missing ?
Thanks in advance.

John

Which image are you using? Not all images are good at supporting WIFI. Have you tried connecting the STB via ethernet?

Reactions: JFOK
Hi CN,

I'm presently using the Open VIX image.
Ethernet wouldn't be feasible right now as the modem is upstairs and I'm downstairs

John

CN,

Was thinking of switching over to the new SatDreamGR NA Image today.
Any issues there regarding wifi connections ?

John

same problem here, have green lite under wlan, but doint test wlan it fails wireless connection, ip address and nameserver, hard wire lan connection works ok. using os mio 4k , image is openvix, , ps also the time on the mio changes at random as well as the date, jfok u say u r on cc, whereabout i have a place in brewster.

same problem here, have green lite under wlan, but doint test wlan it fails wireless connection, ip address and nameserver, hard wire lan connection works ok. using os mio 4k , image is openvix, , ps also the time on the mio changes at random as well as the date, jfok u say u r on cc, whereabout i have a place in brewster.

Your receiver is grabbing transponder time from the sats you point at. In the USA, most of those are not properly set. You need to change to internet time. Sounds like you'll need to hard-wire an ethernet cable to your router to be able to do this, until they get the image fixed to work properly with the drivers needed for the wifi chip in the MIO.

Find and install 'System time' under System plugins. (connection to Internet needed for download)

Exit after installation, and use the 'System time' plugin to set the internet time on your receiver. Also set the correct Time Zone which will be in another menu.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
ok primestar, yes i am hard wired to my router and i have gone into time settings and set up ,us east, and nps time , works good them at random the time and date change, staying on same trans and channel, but it will also do this at random with the unit shut off via the remote.

ok primestar, yes i am hard wired to my router and i have gone into time settings and set up ,us east, and nps time , works good them at random the time and date change, staying on same trans and channel, but it will also do this at random with the unit shut off via the remote.

Well, it works perfectly with the SatDreamGR image I'm using. Not one issue with the time in the last few weeks. All I can recommend is that you change to that image for now. See the other posting about it.

I noticed that the wireless driver in SatDreamGr is this one, which should be downloadable (through an ethernet hardwired connection) if not installed in a particular image:
  • kernel-module-8192eu (1.0-r0)
    8192eu kernel module 8192eu kernel module; Realtek Wireless Lan Driver

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Hi mememeth,

Sorry for the late reply.
To answer your question, I'm in Centerville on the Cape.

John

no john, no setup in brewster, too many inlaws and outlaws and other family using for summer, have to book myself in the calender in december fot time in augest and september, if i am lucky .

primestar31, u mention about loading a file for the wireless function on the mio, could u explan better on how to do it, new to e2 box, but ok with win 10 , thank u.

primestar31, u mention about loading a file for the wireless function on the mio, could u explan better on how to do it, new to e2 box, but ok with win 10 , thank u.

Sorry, I can't help you with OpenVIX at all, and I'm only a beginner on Enigma2 myself. I haven't used OpenVIX more than 1/2 hour. I'm using a hardwired ethernet cable and NA SatDreamGr image.

SatDreamGr works better for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)