Isiah Thomas freak show rolls on

Yes they do. It's $0. That's why Tim Floyd is out at USC for a reported $1000 payment to a handler.

That was sarcasm.

I honestly can't believe there wasn't more drama there over the hiring of Isiah in the first place, though. The fact that at the moment I can't even remember the name of the school tells you about the program's national exposure, but do they really think Isiah is the answer? Really?

Didn't anyone look into Isiah's track record, or did the AD just say 'Oh my God, I just hired Isiah Thomas!' Isn't there some kind of board for the school that has to give approval to such things?

Unless he plans on playing point guard, Isiah's track record is both catastrophic, and criminal.

Sandra

That was sarcasm.

I honestly can't believe there wasn't more drama there over the hiring of Isiah in the first place, though. The fact that at the moment I can't even remember the name of the school tells you about the program's national exposure, but do they really think Isiah is the answer? Really?

Didn't anyone look into Isiah's track record, or did the AD just say 'Oh my God, I just hired Isiah Thomas!' Isn't there some kind of board for the school that has to give approval to such things?

Unless he plans on playing point guard, Isiah's track record is both catastrophic, and criminal.

Sandra

I believe he introduced him as "Isiah Thompson", if I remember correctly.

I'm with you on this. It says more to me about the administration at FIU than anything about Isiah. He is what he is. Apparantly the people in charge at FIU are jealous of Miami's reputation for running a dirty football program. BTW weren't they the school that got into a huge brawl in a football game against Miami a few years ago? You stay classy FIU.

Yes, the ownership letting Isiah run the team into ruin...

Sandra
The Problem with the Knicks is named Dolan not Thomas and it is still the case. I think Isiah was just as much a victiim of the Dolans as the team itself. in particular James Dolan who many ex voomers despise. The old man was a pioneer but the son is a putz

That was sarcasm.

Sandra
And Kobe is a documented RAPIST.:rolleyes: These are little more than steroid bred animals we put on display on a hardwood court. Not role models.

I'm with you on this. It says more to me about the administration at FIU than anything about Isiah. He is what he is. Apparantly the people in charge at FIU are jealous of Miami's reputation for running a dirty football program. BTW weren't they the school that got into a huge brawl in a football game against Miami a few years ago? You stay classy FIU.

They have to know Isiah's reputation for dragging everything into the gutter.

Sandra

The Problem with the Knicks is named Dolan not Thomas and it is still the case. I think Isiah was just as much a victiim of the Dolans as the team itself. in particular James Dolan who many ex voomers despise. The old man was a pioneer but the son is a putz

It's difficult to respect James Dolan when you live in the NY area, you have to live here to fully appreciate what he's done to the NY cable subscriber, and sports fan. I despise Dolan, which kind of stinks since he owns my hockey team. That said, Donnie Walsh may or may not bring the Knicks back to the NBA elite, but at least his track record is one of running things professionally.

But Dolan's biggest mistake has always been sitting back and letting Isiah Thomas spend years auditioning for 'GM's Gone Wild'. You had to live through it to appreciate the carnage Isiah was causing on a daily basis.

Sandra

It's difficult to respect James Dolan when you live in the NY area, you have to live here to fully appreciate what he's done to the NY cable subscriber, and sports fan. I despise Dolan, which kind of stinks since he owns my hockey team. That said, Donnie Walsh may or may not bring the Knicks back to the NBA elite, but at least his track record is one of running things professionally.

But Dolan's biggest mistake has always been sitting back and letting Isiah Thomas spend years auditioning for 'GM's Gone Wild'. You had to live through it to appreciate the carnage Isiah was causing on a daily basis.

Sandra

Does the name Matt Millen come to mind?;)

I can fully appreciate what you are saying Sandra.:(

Apparantly the people in charge at FIU are jealous of Miami's reputation for running a dirty football program. BTW weren't they the school that got into a huge brawl in a football game against Miami a few years ago? You stay classy FIU.

LMAO!! WOW....!! What a loaded statement....!! I guess UNC was jealous too since they hired ALOT of The U's former football coaches, ESPECIALLY THE HEAD COACH to run their football program.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I may say some whacked out things.....but you come second to no one....LOL!

LMAO!! WOW....!! What a loaded statement....!! I guess UNC was jealous too since they hired ALOT of The U's former football coaches, ESPECIALLY THE HEAD COACH to run their football program.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I may say some whacked out things.....but you come second to no one....LOL!
You know as well as I do that Butch was the only guy to ever play by the rules at the U. Larry Coker turned the clock back to the days of guys strutting around in military fatigues.

You know as well as I do that Butch was the only guy to ever play by the rules at the U. Larry Coker turned the clock back to the days of guys strutting around in military fatigues.

And what did Butch did...instead of sticking it out and enjoying the fruits of of labor of cleaning up the UGLY years of Dennis Erickson....he did the usual coach thing....leaned toward greed of the NFL money...just to prove he cannot coach in the NFL.

The Howard Schnellenberger years were clean....though Jimmy Johnson recruited some arrogant and obxious a**wholes....that program was clean. The only era that was dirty that involved NCAA involvement was the Dennis Erickson years. I would like to know what you mean by your comments....? I not your usual BS that sound MORE like dislike/opinion....what did he did wrong other than not recruit worth a crap....

Since this isn't a Butch Davis thread...Back on Topic!

This is from November 2007. There was more bad stuff to come for the Inept One, but this is a good start.

Isiah Thomas’ Top 10 Worst Moments on the Knicks

Another basketball season… more negative press for everyone’s least favorite former superstar, Isiah Thomas. If this offseason’s sexual harassment trial wasn’t enough, Zeke was all over the media again this week, his latest episode a public feud with PG Stephon Marbury. It’s absolutely astonishing that Thomas still has a job in the NBA at this point. This guy has to be the most incompetent GM in the history of professional sports, possibly in the history of all business.
Today, I am going to break down Isiah’s ten worst trades, signings, lawsuits, feuds, etc. over his almost four year reign of terror as GM of the Knicks. Since I don’t have all day, we will not be discussing his previous mistakes and failures, which include: the jealous “freezeout” of then-rookie Michael Jordan in 1985 all-star game; remarking that “If Larry Bird were black, he’d be just another good guy”; the classless walkoff after being swept in the 1991 Eastern Conference Finals; his ineptitude at both Toronto and Indiana; his running the CBA into bankruptcy causing the league to fold; and the embarrassment that was his short-lived career as an NBA broadcaster.
Anyway, on to the list…
10. Oct. 31, 2006 – Jalen Rose Waived

Isiah trades for a washed up Jalen Rose and his monster contract only to cut Rose eight months later to save a mere $3 million of Jalen’s $16.9 salary. Rose’s expiring contract would have been an attractive trade chip if Isiah just held onto him for three more months. Just a totally illogical sequence of events.
9. Oct. 4, 2005 – Eddy Curry Trade

Isiah trades for Eddy Curry, a one dimensional overweight player with a heart condition, and gives up 2006 first round pick and the right to switch picks in the loaded 2007 draft. Chicago ends up with the #2 pick in the 2006 draft and the #9 pick in 2007.
8. Jun. 23, 2006 – Larry Brown Fired

Hall of Fame head coach Brown reached rock bottom in New York under Isiah Thomas. In typical Isiah fashion, the Knicks disastrous season played out like a soap opera in the media, culminating in Brown’s firing. The Knicks, with the highest payroll in the history of the NBA, finished with 24 wins and the second worst record in the league.
7. Aug. 6, 2004 – Jamal Crawford Trade

Isiah trades four expiring contracts for Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams. Crawford and Williams had a combined $81 million remaining on their contracts while the four expiring contracts provided the Bulls with over $18 million in cap relief.
6. Jan. 6, 2004 – Stephon Marbury/Penny Hardaway Trade

In what would set the tone for his tenure, Isiah trades Antonio McDyess, 2 first round picks, cash and some players (to make the trade work under the cap) to the Suns for Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway and their bloated contracts. Phoenix becomes the third team to trade Starbury and the third team to make a dramatic improvement in the year after he leaves the team. Of course, with Isiah in control, Starbury is still in NY and he is still an albatross around the neck of the Knicks organization.
5. Feb. 22, 2006 – Steve Francis Trade

Two years after trading for Penny Hardaway, Isiah decided to trade his (now valuable) expiring contract for another past his prime oft-injured guard with a HUGE contract in Steve Francis. Isiah takes on another bloated contract and provides major cap relief for another franchise, this time the Magic. Isiah’s laughable backcourt now includes three shoot-first PGs in Francis, Marbury and Nate Robinson, in addition to SG Jamal Crawford. At time of the trade, the Knicks had the following salaries on their books for 2006-2007: Allen Houston (retired): $20M, Marbury: $18M, Jalen Rose: $16M, Francis: $15M and Crawford: $7M. Wow, that is an expensive backcourt for 33 wins!
4. Dec. 16, 2006 – Knicks-Nuggets Brawl

What now seems forgotten about last seasons’ Nuggets-Knicks brawl that got numerous players suspended, including Carmelo Anthony for 15 games, is that Isiah Thomas threatened Anthony just prior to the fight. Isiah warned ‘Melo “not to go near the basket” right before Knick Mardy Collins clotheslined JR Smith, setting off the fight.
3. Jul. 14, 2005 – Jerome James Signs

After two weeks of spirited play in the 04-05 playoffs for Seattle, Jerome James signed a 5-year, $30 million contract with Isiah and the Knicks. James has averaged 3.0 points and 1.9 points over the past two years, respectively.
2. Oct. 2, 2007 – Anucha Browne Sanders Trial

A jury found that Isiah had sexually harassed Browne Sanders, “Subjecting her to unwanted advances and a barrage of verbal insults”. Due to Isiah’s inappropriate actions, the Knicks and owner James Dolan were forced to pay Browne-Sanders $11.6 million in damages. Anyone who followed the trial got a glimpse at just what kind of guy Isiah is. One minute he is professing his love for her and inappropriately touching her, the next he is calling her a ‘Bitch’ and a ‘Ho’ and threatening to start rumors of an affair if she doesn’t keep her mouth shut.
1. Jun. 23, 2006 – Hiring Himself as Coach

‘Nuff said.

Sandra

Last edited:
LOL! You know, I loved Isiah when he was a Piston, but that guy is a rolling train wreck on the management side of basketball. I don't know the exact reason for the falling out he and Piston's owner John Davidson (RIP) had, but I'm sure glad it happened, and Davidson hired Joe Dumar's to run the Pistons instead.

"This is bigger than basketball and bigger than athletics," said FIU president Modesto A. Maidique. "Having a nationally recognized coach like Isiah at FIU will have a positive impact on our university as a whole, helping us achieve additional national exposure."

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes

Bigger than basketball and bigger than athletics! This president can only hope that doesn't come true. Based on Isiah's track record, the national exposure he covets so much could be for all the wrong reasons.

Sandra

Hmmm...nice coup for FIU:

FIU basketball snares coveted recruit Dominique Ferguson

Dominique Ferguson, a five-star 6-8, 210-pound power forward from Lawrence (Ind.) North High, verbally committed to FIU on Friday morning, Aug. 7, 2009 while taking an unofficial visit to the school.

Dominique Ferguson, the No. 8 player in the nation according to ESPN, is being recruited by traditional college basketball powers Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Indiana and UCLA.
However, none of those schools have an NBA Hall of Famer as their head coach so Ferguson is taking his basketball talent to FIU to play for Golden Panthers coach Isiah Thomas.

Ferguson, a five-star 6-8, 210-pound power forward from Lawrence (Ind.) North High, verbally committed to FIU on Friday morning while taking an unofficial visit to the school.

``The main thing in my decision to come to FIU is Coach Thomas' past success in the NBA as a player and coach,'' Ferguson said. ``He knows what it takes to get to the next level and that's what I eventually want to do.''

Scout.com ranks Ferguson the No. 9 player overall and No. 5 forward in the nation.

FIU basketball snares coveted recruit Dominique Ferguson - FIU - MiamiHerald.com

;)

Hmmm...nice coup for FIU:

FIU basketball snares coveted recruit Dominique Ferguson

Dominique Ferguson, a five-star 6-8, 210-pound power forward from Lawrence (Ind.) North High, verbally committed to FIU on Friday morning, Aug. 7, 2009 while taking an unofficial visit to the school.

Dominique Ferguson, the No. 8 player in the nation according to ESPN, is being recruited by traditional college basketball powers Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Indiana and UCLA.
However, none of those schools have an NBA Hall of Famer as their head coach so Ferguson is taking his basketball talent to FIU to play for Golden Panthers coach Isiah Thomas.

Ferguson, a five-star 6-8, 210-pound power forward from Lawrence (Ind.) North High, verbally committed to FIU on Friday morning while taking an unofficial visit to the school.

``The main thing in my decision to come to FIU is Coach Thomas' past success in the NBA as a player and coach,'' Ferguson said. ``He knows what it takes to get to the next level and that's what I eventually want to do.''

Scout.com ranks Ferguson the No. 9 player overall and No. 5 forward in the nation.

FIU basketball snares coveted recruit Dominique Ferguson - FIU - MiamiHerald.com

;)
It's funny that Isiah poached a kid away from dook. What's funnier is the kid cited Isiah's success as a coach as a reason he signed. What lies must he be telling these kids. This is going to be a total trainwreck. May as well pull up chair and enjoy it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)