Isiah Thomas freak show rolls on

I already said if you weren't here and didn't live through it you won't undestand. You can debate and deflect every little Isiah point as much as you like (and we know how much you like to do that), the fact remains Isiah was an absolutely brutal coach in New York. Brutal with a capital BRUTAL.

All of your hypotheses from afar won't change that.

Sandra

Thank you, you just completely agreed with my previous point! Need not say no more....:rolleyes::haha:haha:haha

Thank you, you just completely agreed with my previous point! Need not say no more...

Whatever. I just edited my post, I'm not going to continue this. I'm going to agree to disagree with you and that's all.

The wonderful thing about sports is there is a final score, and it's not subject to interpretation. Best of luck to Isiah at Bikini Car Wash University. The University will need it.

'Need not to say no more'. (sic)

Sandra

Last edited:
Whatever. I just edited my post, I'm not going to continue this. I'm going to agree to disagree with you and that's all.

The wonderful thing about sports is there is a final score, and it's not subject to interpretation. Best of luck to Isiah at Bikini Car Wash University. The University will need it.

'Need not to say no more'. (sic)

Sandra

LMAO!! Thank you for editing your post....I guess that was YOUR version of admitting to what I said. I am cool with that....

..One thing for sure, Bikini U will start to get noticed...while St. John's will STILL be ignored...as usual.

Larry Bird's coaching record in Indiana
1997-98 58-24 ECF
*1998-99 33-17 ECF (lockout 50 game season)
1999-00 56-26 NBA Finals

Isiah, aka Red Auerbach, Thomas' coaching record in Indiana
2000-01 41-41 1st Round Defeat
2001-02 42-40 1st Round Defeat
2002-03 48-34 1st Round Defeat

Heck of a job. Turn a championhip contender into mediocre also ran. But I guess that's due to crap talent like Reggie Miller. :rolleyes: Or maybe it was due to being in a small market. I wonder what he could have done in a big market with an unlimited payroll. :eek:

LMAO!! Thank you for editing your post....I guess that was YOUR version of admitting to what I said. I am cool with that....

..One thing for sure, Bikini U will start to get noticed...while St. John's will STILL be ignored...as usual.

I'm not admitting to anything, I just think it's pointless to debate this all day.

As I said before, with Isiah running things there could quite possibly come a time that school wishes they were still ignored. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Larry Bird's coaching record in Indiana
1997-98 58-24 ECF
*1998-99 33-17 ECF (lockout 50 game season)
1999-00 56-26 NBA Finals

Isiah, aka Red Auerbach, Thomas' coaching record in Indiana
2000-01 41-41 1st Round Defeat
2001-02 42-40 1st Round Defeat
2002-03 48-34 1st Round Defeat

Heck of a job. Turn a championhip contender into mediocre also ran. But I guess that's due to crap talent like Reggie Miller. :rolleyes: Or maybe it was due to being in a small market. I wonder what he could have done in a big market with an unlimited payroll. :eek:

But thing is, if he was SO bad, how come they let him coach for 3 SEASONS? IF they though he is was that bad, how come he was not fired after the 1st season when they won 15 LESS games?? I mean there has to be a reason....do you know?

But thing is, if he was SO bad, how come they let him coach for 3 SEASONS? IF they though he is was that bad, how come he was not fired after the 1st season when they won 15 LESS games?? I mean there has to be a reason....do you know?
Most coaches don't get fired after just one year. Even though Isiah sucked right from the start the Pacers probably wanted to be lenient with him. After all a .500 record is one of those glass half empty or half full type of things. After 3 years it was clear that the Pacers were going nowhere with Isiah as their coach. BTW in 2004 the year after Isiah was fired Indiana made it to the ECF. Funny how that worked out. I'm sure that was just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Most coaches don't get fired after just one year. Even though Isiah sucked right from the start the Pacers probably wanted to be lenient with him. After all a .500 record is one of those glass half empty or half full type of things. After 3 years it was clear that the Pacers were going nowhere with Isiah as their coach. BTW in 2004 the year after Isiah was fired Indiana made it to the ECF. Funny how that worked out. I'm sure that was just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

OK, then why not fire him after the 2nd year? What is the excuse for keeping him a 2nd mediocre year? They owed him a 2nd break?:rolleyes:

And what happened the year AFTER the made the ECF...back to the same mediocre team with more or less the same results. A lower seed BARELY above .500....can you say FLUKE?? So as the saying goes, after the fluke showing in the ECF..."they were who we thought they were".....

OK, then why not fire him after the 2nd year? What is the excuse for keeping him a 2nd mediocre year? They owed him a 2nd break?:rolleyes:

And what happened the year AFTER the made the ECF...back to the same mediocre team with more or less the same results. A lower seed BARELY above .500....can you say FLUKE?? So as the saying goes, after the fluke showing in the ECF..."they were who we thought they were".....
Not sure where you're going with all this. Everyone has been bashing Isiah for what he did to the Knicks. You came in and said but wait he was great coach in Indiana. All I did was show that Isiah was hardly a good coach there, especially compared to what he inhereited. I'm not sure why you keep sticking up for the guy. If I were a fan of his I'd just say he was a great player and leave it at that. I think the evidence is clear that he has no knack for coaching and whoever thinks he'll get the hang of it eventually is smoking crack.

Not sure where you're going with all this. Everyone has been bashing Isiah for what he did to the Knicks. You came in and said but wait he was great coach in Indiana. All I did was show that Isiah was hardly a good coach there, especially compared to what he inhereited. I'm not sure why you keep sticking up for the guy. If I were a fan of his I'd just say he was a great player and leave it at that. I think the evidence is clear that he has no knack for coaching and whoever thinks he'll get the hang of it eventually is smoking crack.

IF YOU FIND where I said he was....and I quote, "a great coach"....then I will GLADLY SHUTUP and disappear for a week. This was my quote:

As a coach, he was not that bad...as a GM and/or president of operations or whatever you wanna call it...he was terrible.

IF you are gonna be man enough to call me out on a comment(which I have NO ISSUES with), be smart enough to at least properly quote me on it.....:rolleyes:

I haver stuck up for the university from day one....NOT ISIAH on this subject. YOU, from day one has done nothing but BASH the university and there attempts to put their name on the map....because you holier than thou, "I am a fan of the Tar Heels and everyone else is a nothing school" attitude.

As far sticking up for him, I am just saying...in New York, do to HIS doing because he did pick the players....he had a sh** team do to a sh** roster. And the end result was a terrible record....coaching COULD BE BLAMED, but the fact that he picked up bad players AND OWNERSHIP, who had final say-so, ALLOWED HIM to go through with the signing and trading for these players.....the end result is what has happened to the Knicks. COACHING was not the main reason why they sucked, because if THAT was the case....then Indiana would have NEVER maid the playoffs when he coached there.

And finally, I am not an Isiah fan....I saw too much of his childish crap as a player to really like him. But I will stick up for anyone when I think an there maybe to sides to the story. I am man enough to stick-up for people that are not too popular or not like when it merits that. Some people only speak when it's the nice guy that either THEY like or liked by all.

Last edited:
As far sticking up for him, I am just saying...in New York, do to HIS doing because he did pick the players....he had a sh** team do to a sh** roster. And the end result was a terrible record....coaching COULD BE BLAMED, but the fact that he picked up bad players AND OWNERSHIP, who had final say-so, ALLOWED HIM to go through with the signing and trading for these players.....the end result is what has happened to the Knicks. COACHING was not the main reason why they sucked, because if THAT was the case....then Indiana would have NEVER maid the playoffs when he coached there.
Go back and look at the Pacers performance under before Isiah arrived and the year after he left. Isiah was not briging much in the coaching dept. Your hair splitting over his reign in NY makes no sense, but by your own admission the problem was that Isiah was a poor evaluator of talent. Let me just ask this. WHO DO THINK IS PICKING THE PLAYERS AT FIU?????

And now let me give salsa's response which will be sure to follow.

I NEVER said he was a "poor evaluator of talent." It was the ownership in NY that did him in. If it weren't for the meddlesome owner there Isiah would have won 6 NBA championships and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

And my response to that.

Whatever :rolleyes:

Go back and look at the Pacers performance under before Isiah arrived and the year after he left. Isiah was not briging much in the coaching dept. Your hair splitting over his reign in NY makes no sense, but by your own admission the problem was that Isiah was a poor evaluator of talent. Let me just ask this. WHO DO THINK IS PICKING THE PLAYERS AT FIU?????

And now let me give salsa's response which will be sure to follow.

I NEVER said he was a "poor evaluator of talent." It was the ownership in NY that did him in. If it weren't for the meddlesome owner there Isiah would have won 6 NBA championships and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

And my response to that.

Whatever :rolleyes:

YOU called me out said I called him "a great coach! And...I told you to PROVE where I said that...and now your response is the typical response when someone cannot prove anything....the ole "whatever" line...!:haha:haha

Yes, I DID say he was a bad evaluator of talent in NY. Also said in the end, OWNERSHIP has the final say so, therefore OWNERSHIP is to blame for letting him dowhatever he wanted.

In college, you are NOT restrained by salary cap and contracts other than "do yo wanna play for my school or not". And guess what, that was is THIRD major signing at FIU. So far, his evaluation of talent is not too bad:

Dominique Ferguson, who will transfer from Lawrence North to Hargrave, Va. Military, should be a immediate factor in the Sun Belt in the 2010-2011 season. He is the third major commitment Thomas has received since he arrived in South Florida last spring. Thomas already has verbals from point guard Phil Taylor, a Top 50 rising senior from Marietta, Ga. Wheeler; and 6-10 rising junior Chris Coleman of Mt. Zion, N.C. Academy, who is arguably one of the top 5 post prospects nationally in his class.

Hoops on Campus - NY Daily News

And, he's a snappy dresser!!! :cool:

p1thomas.jpg

You can say what you want about this guy, but he knows how to recruit.

I am just happy for FIU. I LOVE The U and my alma mater is FSU and even have a VERY small place in my heart for the Gators...very small...but I live not too far from FIU and I would love to see the Athletic department get some decent athletes to drawn some fans to the basketball and football programs. The baseball team is VERY good and ALWAYS gives nationally ranked Miami all it can on the baseball field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts