Isiah Thomas freak show rolls on

It's funny that Isiah poached a kid away from dook. What's funnier is the kid cited Isiah's success as a coach as a reason he signed. What lies must he be telling these kids. This is going to be a total trainwreck. May as well pull up chair and enjoy it. :D

As a coach, he was not that bad...as a GM and/or president of operations or whatever you wanna call it...he was terrible.

As a coach, he was not that bad...as a GM and/or president of operations or whatever you wanna call it...he was terrible.

I'm sorry but as a coach Isiah was absolutely awful. His practice sessions were reviled around the league as a joke. Everything he touched, including coaching, turned to crap.

I will tell you the man looks amazing in his expensive suits, though. Every guy should take notes from Isiah, this is how a man should dress. Seriously.

Sandra

I'm sorry but as a coach Isiah was absolutely awful. His practice sessions were reviled around the league as a joke. Everything he touched, including coaching, turned to crap.

I will tell you the man looks amazing in his expensive suits, though. Every guy should take notes from Isiah, this is how a man should dress. Seriously.

Sandra

Apparently he coached the Pacers into the playoffs 3 years that he was in Indiana.

Apparently he coached the Pacers into the playoffs 3 years that he was in Indiana.
As I recall that was after Larry Bird quit and the Pacers went from being a title contender to one of those barely .500 teams that squeaks into the playoffs. Basically it was more Reggie Miller than anything Isiah did. Crediting Isiah with those playoff appearances would be like crediting whatshisname that coached the Pistons last year.

As I recall that was after Larry Bird quit and the Pacers went from being a title contender to one of those barely .500 teams that squeaks into the playoffs. Basically it was more Reggie Miller than anything Isiah did. Crediting Isiah with those playoff appearances would be like crediting whatshisname that coached the Pistons last year.

So what you are saying is that ANYONE could have coached those teams into the Playoffs? Really? Seriously?! Thank GOD it is just opinion. I guess ANYONE could have coached the Bulls teams of the 90s to winning 6 NBA championship huh?!:rolleyes:

He's got to be doing something right to still have a head coaching job (albeit not with a prestigious program or anything). If he was really THAT bad, he wouldn't be coaching at all.

He's got to be doing something right to still have a head coaching job (albeit not with a prestigious program or anything). If he was really THAT bad, he wouldn't be coaching at all.

We already had this discussion. The college is trying to capitalize on his name to bring themselves above the level of obscurity. I doubt Isiah had to map out a practice schedule or anything at an interview. :rolleyes:

Sandra

We already had this discussion. The college is trying to capitalize on his name to bring themselves above the level of obscurity. I doubt Isiah had to map out a practice schedule or anything at an interview. :rolleyes:

Sandra

On the 1st part of the this statement I agree with you. But it is not the 1st time a university hires someone on name recognition... not the last time either. On the 2nd part, I am sure you "doubt Isiah had to map out a practice schedule or anything at an interview" because you either WERE at the interview or you know IN DEPTH how does things as a coach because you have been to all the coaches meetings in the past...right?:rolleyes:;)

I thought it was funny...especially out of leftfield and coming from someone that I have disagreed with TEN TIMES MORE than I have with you, quite refreshing....!

I still hate ya Vurbano....but very funny none the less....! ;)

I suppose all of New York has a wet one for Isiah, after watching him decimate the Knicks one step at a time...and coaching was part of it.

Sandra

HOW can you say it had something to do with the coaching when you had crap players? You cannot make lemonade out of piss water. :rolleyes:

Just because you have crap players, that doesn't make you a good coach.

I already said his practice sessions were reviled around the league as a joke. You had to be here to live through it to understand. Well-respected national journalists would come on talk shows and laugh at Isiah's practices.

There is much more, such as holding a team vote asking them if Marbury should be allowed to play after he went AWOL from the team and finally came back, and they unanimously vote no. So of course Marbury plays 30 minutes anyway.

There is more than that, but this point really doesn't need to go around and around 100 times, like debating a curve in a roadway did. Isiah was a bad coach. Period.

Sandra

Just because you have crap players, that doesn't make you a good coach.

I already said his practice sessions were reviled around the league as a joke. You had to be here to live through it to understand. Well-respected national journalists would come on talk shows and laugh at Isiah's practices.

There is much more, such as holding a team vote asking them if Marbury should be allowed to play after he went AWOL from the team and finally came back, and they unanimously vote no. So of course Marbury plays 30 minutes anyway.

There is more than that, but this point really doesn't need to go around and around 100 times, like debating a curve in a roadway did. Isiah was a bad coach. Period.

Sandra

...in New York. Were those same complaints in Indiana? I mean I would not doubt that the main reason he played Marbury was because one, he was the best player they had and two, because OWNERSHIP wanted him to play since he was being paid so much money.

...in New York. Were those same complaints in Indiana? I mean I would not doubt that the main reason he played Marbury was because one, he was the best player they had and two, because OWNERSHIP wanted him to play since he was being paid so much money.

Ownership made Isiah play Marbury even though he went AWOL and left the team. Sure. Whatever. :rolleyes:

From far away you may not know this, but part of Dolan's problem is he's disconnected from his teams. If you're thinking Steinbrenner of the 70's, 80's and 90's, you couldn't be further from the truth. Dolan's non-involvement lets a madman like Isiah run amok until he is knee-deep in player revolt, sexual harrassment lawsuits, and $40 million contracts to Larry Brown the team is trying to get out of paying.

Dolan does the same thing with Sather, the difference is while the NHL has passed Sather by, he's not like Isiah. He makes some bad hockey decisions (and to be fair a few good ones now and then), but that's where Sather's tyranny ends.

I already said if you weren't here and didn't live through it you won't undestand. You can debate and deflect every little Isiah point as much as you like (and we know how much you like to do that), the fact remains Isiah was an absolutely brutal coach in New York. Brutal with a capital BRUTAL.

All of your hypotheses from afar won't change that.

Sandra