KUIL Update!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anyone know what the feed was actually for? cable? the lp transmitter?

I'd be glad to call the number on the web site and find out whats going on. But I dont know what I would say.:confused:

I'd be glad to call the number on the web site and find out whats going on. But I dont know what I would say.:confused:

As far as I know they transmit on the air, on channel 64. But I have no way to check now and see if they are on or not.

According to wiki they are on cable too but I haven't had cable in years and years so I also don't know out that.

KUIL-LP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki does mention that they are free on satellite so it's no secret hush-hush thing.
Your guess is better than mine! :confused::confused:

I posted my ideas in post 16. I still think it has to do with them being Fox before and more areas had it on cable.

Also digital low power travels farther than analog low power

Last edited:
I looked at the local cable guides on titantv and it seems timewarner dropped the channel. Carrel has KUIL on channel 9 but it still says fox, as the affiliation.

It shows up on tv fool as ch. 64, but not in the titantv ota listing for the Beaumont area.

Mmm. was wandering what happen to KUIL .. thought it was my sat gone crazy.. guess not.. Hope it comes back.. i like that one..

Some time ago, there was concern over information that KUIL might not stay on satellite due to weather issues they were having with their Ku-Band transmission. I wonder if that has anything to do with it... I do know from an engineer friend that two New Orleans locals (ABC26/CW38) left Ku-Band because of weather problems here in the Gulf South.

Some time ago, there was concern over information that KUIL might not stay on satellite due to weather issues they were having with their Ku-Band transmission. I wonder if that has anything to do with it... I do know from an engineer friend that two New Orleans locals (ABC26/CW38) left Ku-Band because of weather problems here in the Gulf South.

We have no weather issues down here at this time.
The past few days have been more than clear enough.
I'm able to get White Springs with 100% in the same area that they would be transmitting from. If I can get White Springs perfectly then they most certainly could be transmitting. I'm also able to get all the other channels on 101 perfectly.

There is NO weather issue behind this.

The most likely cause is the students at Lamar that are running it got drunk, passed out and couldn't feed the hamster than powers the generator at the station.
No, really, I mean it.. :rolleyes:
Seriously, *everything* in the Beaumont / Port Arthur area is a joke.

Sadly, I can now 100% confirm that KUIL is gone, courtesy of Dan McLemore of KUIL:

I am very sorry to report we are no longer unlinking to satellite like we were previously. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you are in the Golden Triangle area, we can be seen on the Time Warner Cable network on channel 15 and 870 for HD. We can also be picked up with an antenna on channel 64, 64.1 for digital, and 64.2 for HD. Please let me know if there is anything further that I could assist you with. Again, I apologize for the issues and wish there was something I could do.

Sadly, I can now 100% confirm that KUIL is gone, courtesy of Dan McLemore of KUIL:

Wow. Big surprise there.

One thing I have learned in my very short foray into the so called "hobby" is that it's a very volatile "hobby"..

Channels seem to drop like flies. And for me it seems like as soon as I find one and decide that it's got something I might enjoy on it, they snatch it away.

:mad:

Last edited:
Hold the phone everybody! Just got another email from Dan:

I have actually had several people email me today about all of this. I am going to speak a little more in depth with my engineer about this tomorrow. We are actually owned by the FOX29 station out of Lake Charles and share a lot of resources with them. I will do my best to get you some more information and see what I can do about this. Thank you again for your email and have a blessed day.

I would encourage all of you to email Dan at dmclemore@kuiltv.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)